+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Blues

I got super hyped, wanted to play so badly, played the RU version, I am relatively neutral now.

how do you like the RU version?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
    Making me less interested? I just joined ArcheAge Russia. If I had not chosen to do that, I'm not sure how my interest would change.

Here's an example of what happens: In Game Dev Tycoon you can develop and advertise your game. When you first advertise the game you build up "hype" and if you wait too long hype will begin to degenerate, I believe. This is what is happening/will start to happen soon.
    yes true even though i played ru for sometime and stop playing after the Trion Says it will be available within weeks. then i heard alpha will go on for weeks or a month then i start to wonder how long would close beta last months and more months.
    AA trion Alpha player
    Ru server level 50

Computer Specs: Windows 8.1
    Asus Maximum impact mini itx motherboard
    Corsair h100i cpu cooler
    i5 4670k haswell
    Asus Geforce gtx 780 DC2 3gb

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsen View Post
    I got super hyped, wanted to play so badly, played the RU version, I am relatively neutral now.
    I was insanely hyped as well,following it for years and a member of AASource and tried the KR CBT/OBT briefly. Was convinced it was the best thing since sliced bread. Got into alpha, and now I'm not really a fan anymore.Different strokes for different folks.

They should of done 1 week of alpha testing with the founders after, the hype would be huge. But it is starting to drag on to long and players are loosing interest.

I get more interested the more I see in this game and I am super hyped!
    Hope to see you in AA soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavol View Post
    I was insanely hyped as well,following it for years and a member of AASource and tried the KR CBT/OBT briefly. Was convinced it was the best thing since sliced bread. Got into alpha, and now I'm not really a fan anymore.Different strokes for different folks.
    What don't you like about it mavol?

Quote Originally Posted by verickcarage View Post
    What don't you like about it mavol?
    Theres quite a few small things that clutter up too high for my taste and 1-3 very large things that are deal breakers. I don't want to spread what just are my opinions too much even though the NDA is lifted I just don't want CM's to get upset with me for nay saying the game too much. I will say this though that the LP system is by the far the worst system I have ever seen for crafting and I can't believe they put it in in place of item decay or removal. I burn my LP up very very fast and am left with nothing to do except quest grind and run trade packs(I think the trade pack system is a little too barebones for my taste compared to how complex trade can be with regional hubs and market differences in games like SWG,UO). Basically everything that is "sandbox" in this game is already done 100 times better in over 10 year old games like EVE,SWG,UO. I went back to playing EVE already myself but i bounce in still to see whats up in game. Too many safe zones as well.

When I first heard about LP i was so so confused. I don't get why there is a crafting block on a game. It is one of the reasons I stopped playing Age of Wushu. It makes no sense, why not let ppl craft all day if they want to? If i pay for premium I should craft to my hearts content.

It's already happening for a lot of people (myself including) where they see the streams, lose interest, and no longer care too much for the game. I understand Trion needs time to work out the kinks and stuff, but considering they already picked up the game (versus working from scratch) it's getting to the point where when founders packs actually come out, I may be interested elsewhere.
    <Majora>
    Majora is a guild with a roster filled not merely with high quality raiders, but more importantly high quality people, who can respect both the guild and community within which we play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast