+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archery and 2H?

Question Archery and 2H?

I must not pay attention, because I just noticed that 2H now say "All Skill Damage and Healing +5%" and not Melee/Magic Skill Damage +5%, Healing +%5". Not sure when that was changed.

Just looking at stuff from a Critical Build perspective (since you can max crit rate and damage with a 2H), and working towards Erenor. Wouldn't the +5% Dmg from 2H and the +4.5% from the Erenor Gems give more damage then I would be losing from the stats/gems and dual wielding buff?

Any help, knowledge or experience with doing this kind of build would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldaj View Post
    I must not pay attention, because I just noticed that 2H now say "All Skill Damage and Healing +5%" and not Melee/Magic Skill Damage +5%, Healing +%5". Not sure when that was changed.

Just looking at stuff from a Critical Build perspective (since you can max crit rate and damage with a 2H), and working towards Erenor. Wouldn't the +5% Dmg from 2H and the +4.5% from the Erenor Gems give more damage then I would be losing from the stats/gems and dual wielding buff?

Any help, knowledge or experience with doing this kind of build would be appreciated!
    I'm building a 2h def pen archer myself, and I've been very satisfied so far. I'm sure crit dmg 2h archer is just as good, especially since you now have a somewhat reliable way of killing shield users with +50% shield def pen rate.

EDIT: I would advise that 2H archer go def pen over crit dmg tho, solely because you don't really synergize build-wise with what a 2h can do as a crit dmg archer. You want to compensate the lost atk speed where you can, and defense pen meshes much better with natural shield defense pen rate than a crit build, but just my own opinion!
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

The new buffs to 2h weapon stats make them more viable, but you still lose a lot on the gems, too much imo. I think 2h is 250 defense pen per gem (cant look servers down) vs 199 defense pen, so that works out to 2250 defense pen on 2h, 3582 on two 1h weapons, 1332 difference, on top of the 200 or so less you get from the weapon stats. With the 2h shield pen bonus you are basically getting roughly 3500 worth of pen 50% of the time on someone with a end game shield.

So its a trade off. 1532 less defense pen all the time in exchange for 1968 extra defense pen on folks with shields 50% of the time and all the joy RNG will bring you on that.

Obviously there are other factors such as attack speed and 5% dmg, and other stat differences such as 27 less agility on 2h. You can also boost your efficiency with shield pen using on undies and such, which you certainly should do if you go this way.

Obviously if the 2h gems were bumped up would make it a lot more viable, but every time they buff 2h, melee does even more dmg and we will never get same benefit as melee does because we do not get to utilize the dmg value of the weapon, well mostly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    The new buffs to 2h weapon stats make them more viable, but you still lose a lot on the gems, too much imo. I think 2h is 250 defense pen per gem (cant look servers down) vs 199 defense pen, so that works out to 2250 defense pen on 2h, 3582 on two 1h weapons, 1332 difference, on top of the 200 or so less you get from the weapon stats. With the 2h shield pen bonus you are basically getting roughly 3500 worth of pen 50% of the time on someone with a end game shield.

So its a trade off. 1532 less defense pen all the time in exchange for 1968 extra defense pen on folks with shields 50% of the time and all the joy RNG will bring you on that.

Obviously there are other factors such as attack speed and 5% dmg, and other stat differences such as 27 less agility on 2h. You can also boost your efficiency with shield pen using on undies and such, which you certainly should do if you go this way.

Obviously if the 2h gems were bumped up would make it a lot more viable, but every time they buff 2h, melee does even more dmg and we will never get same benefit as melee does because we do not get to utilize the dmg value of the weapon, well mostly not.
    Pretty much this, we get 299 def pen on 2h T3 gems, they also buffed 2h synth stats by about 60% more, but if you're not trying to go all in with shield pen and def pen, you should just stick to DW.

Def pen 2h takes alot of pure def pen commitment, and if I'm being honest on shield pen, I still can't decide if that stat is even worth it right now, but I'm also not end game geared yet, so my dmg on different ppl is going to be all over the place.

I've melted some shielders and tickled others, so until I hit 16-18k it's still a toss up on just how great shield def pen is. I DO enjoy it's reliable dmg against opponents tho. I don't have to worry about geared resilience opponents nearly as much as a crit build, but geared players with toughness gems in their hat make me cry alittle. Haha

if I went Ebonsong, I could reach 18k def pen, which is scary for an archer, but I don't like Ebonsong, so I haven't played around with that yet, and I still reach 14k at end game without song debuff, which is enough to melt leather and cloth just fine. Ebonsong would allow me to scare plate wearers even more tho.
    Pew (Wynn/Kaylin/Kadum)
    <The Shadehunting Master>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Trusivraj?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/trusivraj

+ Reply to Thread