+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16 x 16 on Mirage

16 x 16 on Mirage

So I'm going to need to put down 16 x 16 home for my Alt, so it can do Community Center dailies. First problem - for some blatantly ridiculous reason, many of the home's color schemes were changed to bright pink and blue and green, which IMHO look absolutely stupid. Whoever was in charge of That decision needs to Not be allowed to make any more decisions.

But at least we USED to be able to go to Mirage Isle, look at the miniatures, and identify the specific style and colors of the house we wanted - and thus purchase what we want.

Today I went to Mirage just to identify the houses so I knew what to select. And what do I find? There are NO miniatures anymore, to use as a key. Instead, all of the types of houses are fully built. Sounds like an OK idea, don't you think? Well, it Could have been ... IF there was ANY way to identify which house was which .... but there is NOT any way to know what the names of ANY of the houses are. I went to the steps, went in to the houses, all along the walls, went outside and went to all the outer walls. NOTHING. Nothing to interact with. Nothing identifies the Name of the structure. Then I rode all around the entire area, looking for some sort of information about the houses. There was Nothing.

Apparently the Company has intentionally created this big Joke, so when we make the wrong choice selecting the house, we have to use a lot more Mats to remodel it, just to have what we wanted in the first place. Why else would you Intentionally Remove ALL the identifying features of the houses in Mirage?

You are writing as if you just noticed that. At the same time you also replied in a thread where this exact problem (among other changes on mirage) was discussed.

Anyway the problem you are describing was around for half a year or more, but luckly it was fixed almost 2 weeks ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Turambaredolas View Post
    Most or all of our missed items have been added to mirage again.

There is a big harani house with interactable miniature models of all houses (on 3 floors).
    There is a farmhouse with mossy walls, paintings and flower pots.
    Missing fences were added in their respective locations.
    +more
    [It's the very first house when you go down the hill to the "houses" zone.]
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

I had the same problem, the miniatures are still there but you have to find them.

After you enter Mirage, you go down to the right where all the houses usually are. Down the hill there is a larger house with a storage merchant and a mailbox in front to the left. Go into this house!

Ground floor are the small miniatures, 1st floor are the slightly bigger houses displayed.

Mirage has a lot of space, no idea why all the stuff is inside houses now

In regards of the colors: All comes down to personal taste. I think for the new colors the textures are much nicer and better as the old textures of the house. Look at all the fine details and you will like them. Looking at the miniatures the front 3 houses are the new textures, in the back are the old textures and colors. As I did see you can put all kind of colors to a house after it is set and build, no matter new or old colors.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaee View Post
    In regards of the colors: All comes down to personal taste. I think for the new colors the textures are much nicer and better as the old textures of the house. Look at all the fine details and you will like them. Looking at the miniatures the front 3 houses are the new textures, in the back are the old textures and colors. As I did see you can put all kind of colors to a house after it is set and build, no matter new or old colors.
    Going through housing zones you can see that a lot of people have the newer designs, so I guess people like them. I personally don't really care that much because I have always prefered the harani version. However, I still consider it a bad move to change some of the old designs into the new ones. They could have simply added the new ones and still kept the old ones.

The way they introduced those new designs meant an unnecessary removal old "content" and that's what I actually hate. Removal of level 18 dungeons, removal of mistmerrow, removal of the old library, removal of hasla rift (while lilyut/tigerspine rift is still around), removal of sealed armor/weapon drops etc - there are always a few people who enjoy those events, or farm those items only at certain times. In my opinion any unnecessary removal or change is a bad move and frustrates at least a few players.
    Sorry I went a little off topic, but that's the core problem I see here.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

+ Reply to Thread