+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Does This Game Perform?

How Does This Game Perform?

So right now I'm running an AMD FX 6350 and a radeon 7870. I can max out most games.

I was wondering would this be good enough to run the game on maximum settings at 1600x900? Also, would it be the CPU or GPU that is bottlenecking me for archeage? In some games its the CPU, in others its the GPU. Has anyone ran this on a similar processor as me? I've heard stories of the game running well on mid range graphics cards like the 750 TI and a 5770, but I'm not sure about mid range CPUs
    Looking to build a PC For Archeage?: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...C-for-Archeage

I run with a 5700 card on a first get i7-920 with 8GB RAM at 1920x1200 windowed and it works well on the RU server. Some areas bog down to teens frame rates but most areas are in the high 40s to 60s. Can't stream much TV or record my sessions but it is playable. I'm on medium settings.

According to Nekrage (He' s a streamer and guildleader), the game is really well optimized and the NA version (I'm guessing Trion's in general NA/EU/Austrailia) is smoother than RU's
    The Oran'Thul

"History is written by the victor"

I have a 3820 A8 and have about 60% usage, but with my 550 Ti, the load is 100% and has crashed 3 times so far.

Seems like this game is more graphics card intensive

I use a 570gtx with 8gb ram on a i5 and can play most games on max settings, played aa on the russian server on max with little difficulty

For me personally the game preforms beautifully, no lag or choppiness experienced. It is pretty solid.

On the RU beta I'm getting around 30-45 fps on max settings with an i5 2550k CPU @ 3.40GHz and an GTX 770.

There are some really random graphics issues and when I try to stream or record it tends slow down of course. The longer the game plays the more issues it has and seems to drop some frame rates. This is the RU beta though so.

I have a reasonably detailed break down of performance per part on my http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Can-you-run-AA!
    Your system should run the game at that resolution at max and perform something like 50-60fps average. If not higher, seeing as you would be running at a lower Resolution than benchmarks did for that system setup at 1080p

AA is build on the Cryengine.
    My only advice is make sure your video card isn't full of dust. AA will push the 7870 100% so you should try and make sure you don't get near overheat temperatures.
    I don't know the exact performance numbers for the FX 6350 but I would assume its close to the 6300.

Upgrade wise I have no single part suggestion.
    The 6350 matches almost perfectly for performance to the 7870.
    If you would like more info, or want any help feel free to comment on my guide, here, or even pm me!
    Head of Phoenix
    From the ashes we rise!

Forum Guide writer.
    Always looking for suggestions!
    My work so far:
    [Guide] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation
    [Guide & FAQ] Pre-Beta Can you Run AA!

I think I'm uniquely qualified to speak on this one.

I am currently playing Alpha on my laptop.

AMD A6-3420M APU (4 CPUs at 1.5GHz, not overclocked)
    Radeon HD 6520G (integrated graphics, doodz)
    4 GBs RAM.

I play on normal to low settings with an average of 10fps.

My experience has been one of playing a very beautiful, smooth game. Seriously.
    ..with a few jarring moments caused by sharp framerate drops (to 1~3) and slow turning.
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakuu View Post
    I have a reasonably detailed break down of performance per part on my http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Can-you-run-AA!
    Your system should run the game at that resolution at max and perform something like 50-60fps average. If not higher, seeing as you would be running at a lower Resolution than benchmarks did for that system setup at 1080p

AA is build on the Cryengine.
    My only advice is make sure your video card isn't full of dust. AA will push the 7870 100% so you should try and make sure you don't get near overheat temperatures.
    I don't know the exact performance numbers for the FX 6350 but I would assume its close to the 6300.

Upgrade wise I have no single part suggestion.
    The 6350 matches almost perfectly for performance to the 7870.
    If you would like more info, or want any help feel free to comment on my guide, here, or even pm me!
    the 6300 is at 3.9 GHZ, which is 400 MHZ faster than what they used that achieved like 60 fps. It definitely looks like it's my GPU that needs the upgrade if I want to achieve a solid 60 FPS, so I might look into a 280x. Plus my fans start to fail at full gpu load, so I probably need to upgrade.
    Looking to build a PC For Archeage?: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...C-for-Archeage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast