+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Before Release?

Before Release?

I've been following ArcheAge for quite a long time, and while I am excited to see that the game has entered Alpha, which means soon enough it will go into beta.

However, what I am wondering is what all do the does Trion plan to accomplish before the final release of the game? At this point is it just bug testing or will there be other aspects that will be worked on such as performance? I know it is always a challenge to translate games to English, but will there be any major changes made along with the translations?

Quote Originally Posted by Malzie View Post
    I've been following ArcheAge for quite a long time, and while I am excited to see that the game has entered Alpha, which means soon enough it will go into beta.

However, what I am wondering is what all do the does Trion plan to accomplish before the final release of the game? At this point is it just bug testing or will there be other aspects that will be worked on such as performance? I know it is always a challenge to translate games to English, but will there be any major changes made along with the translations?
    Probably not, but they haven't clarified this. There will be a few gameplay changes, and bug fixes, but most of the game appears to be being left unchanged.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

I hope this is the case, I've been watching Korean streamers for over a year now and I've seen how well the game plays. If there are changes, I hope it won't be anything big enough to potentially unbalance the game.

They seem to be cherry picking some features/changes from various patches. Like the Korean Patch 1.0 was somewhat controversial and it has been stated some of those changes won't be implemented.

I think one of the things they are figuring out is what to include now and hold off on for later and how to monetize it all. Korean version has been out for a while now and added community content... so should we get that day one, or will they drip it out as was done in Korea?

I personally hope they will have some timing where the release might coincide with New Races and Land in Korea. That would be cool and all territories could help test that in Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by WANDERER View Post
    They seem to be cherry picking some features/changes from various patches. Like the Korean Patch 1.0 was somewhat controversial and it has been stated some of those changes won't be implemented.

I think one of the things they are figuring out is what to include now and hold off on for later and how to monetize it all. Korean version has been out for a while now and added community content... so should we get that day one, or will they drip it out as was done in Korea?

I personally hope they will have some timing where the release might coincide with New Races and Land in Korea. That would be cool and all territories could help test that in Beta.
    I agree it would be cool to sort of sync up with the Korean release of the game allowing for testing to occur across all versions of the game. Though in my experience from other MMO games translated from Korean, chances are the NA version of the game will always be about a year or so behind.

I think they are at the stage of getting the account system tied into the payment and cash shop system. And picking out the modules of 1.0 that they want to put into their existing build. Also translating the korean voice overs into english. After all that I would imagine that they have to purchase more hardware and set it all up to accommodate all the new servers they will be running.
    "Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

+ Reply to Thread