+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freedom Festival ruined storyline quests for newbie Firrans!

Freedom Festival ruined storyline quests for newbie Firrans!

Today started very nice and painful event of Freedom Festival. It's already was in past and now it's a second time of release this event for Archeage. Problem for newbie Firrans on Freedom Festival is in event's goblins, that appeared in location of storyline quest. Any tryes to get closer to storyline quest lead to character death. This ♥♥♥♥ was in past and exist in this event.
    Any comments from publisher?

Not a lot of thought goes into to the story line or quest for the firrans and obviously never tested to destroy a characters questline for an event, i came across a couple of firrans trying to do that quest line yesterday virtually impossible and insta killed over and over again the npc they have to get to in the middle of all the mobs, just proves the ppl that created this event don't even play the game.

Yep! I just went through this, yesterday. Had to just bum rush the enemy quest targets and auto-complete the quest the NPC in there gives you. I probably racked up around 10 deaths. It was really threatening to ruin/end my start of AAU. x_x (Thankfully, you can go back into your quest log afterwards; to read the quest dialog that I had to skip. I'm one of those weirdos that play MMOs for the story. )

I must say I am disappointed that this issue hasn't been fixed.
    Even though I can't find them, last time, there were quite a few posts about new firrans not being able to continue their questline right at the beginning because of this event.
    When I first read last week's maintenance info and the name "freedom festival" popped up, I instantly remembered 4 points: (1) bad rewards, (2) event that some players claim is too hard while others claim it is easy, (3) young firrans are blocked from progress right at the beginning of their journey, (4) free magithopter (wings) image items. It was only 1 of 4 points but I think it says quite a lot that it's among the first things I remembered about this event.

TL;DR: This event is gamebreaking for a certain group of players and should never return this way unless there is a fix.
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

Just purchased the game 3 days ago, can't even chat until level 15 so I haven't been able to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Turns out I was doing nothing wrong, this dumb ♥♥♥ Freedom Festival has turrets hovering around my quest NPC.

I've been advised to reroll if I want to progress before the event is over.

I already paid for Gunslinger and used free rewards on this toon.

I am EXTREMELY discouraged.

Passed more then a week, and no official comments from publisher or support, what a shame!

+ Reply to Thread