+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Completely unbalanced tax system

Completely unbalanced tax system

Since the start of AAU I have been observing the movements in the number of farms and houses being built. After the last server joining, it becomes even more evident that the tax system is completely unadjusted to the reality of the Unchained version. We still have taxes taken unchanged from the free version, in which players had to balance between spending labor to earn credits - buying apexes in the marketplace and issuing labor to produce tax certificates. In the unchained version, we do not have to worry about extending the premium version every month to have houses, which means that many players from all over the labor they have produce tax certificates. Tax amounts have remained the same, so to the unchained they are ridiculously low. As a result, there are tons of farms and houses that players don't need for anything but take up space - ghost farms. I remember from the free version that each house and farm were usually used to the last seat, because they had to produce something useful for the player. Now all places are occupied by ghost farms scaring their emptiness. They block the place so that no new player can't build anything to develop in the game. In the free version you could always observe a lot of people doing something at their farms / houses, in unchained I sometimes visit a dozen housing areas and I don't see anyone !! just a forest of empty farms. In my opinion, the tax system should be radically changed and adapted to the unchained version where players have a lot more free labor at their disposal.
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

And so? What solution do you propose? Or just can "cry" on dead forum? For such situation was released a farmhand system and TENTs (8x8 houses).
    For Unchained AA ver. on high populated servers hard to find place but possible.

Isn't being able to keep housing while not actively playing or not be forced to pay for subs they aren't using one of the perks of playing AAU? The main costs aren't the taxes but either paying for or grinding gold for patron.

Specific B2P system in AAU allow half-active accounts to keep property till owner will forgot about paying taxes or drop out this 'dead' game.
    Most problem, that game initially was developed for F2P system, and changing to B2P system broke some economical features.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymio View Post
    And so? What solution do you propose? Or just can "cry" on dead forum? For such situation was released a farmhand system and TENTs (8x8 houses).
    For Unchained AA ver. on high populated servers hard to find place but possible.
    Nobody cries, I just state the fact. I suggested the solution in another thread, but you didn't feel like reading the dead forum. Also, I see less and less sense of writing anything on the forum - it is actually dying.
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...84#post2795684
    AAU Gildaron - Bliis, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

To be fair, I remember people abusing the tax system in the game on the f2p servers as well by putting down a bunch of fellowships.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangogogo View Post
    Isn't being able to keep housing while not actively playing or not be forced to pay for subs they aren't using one of the perks of playing AAU? The main costs aren't the taxes but either paying for or grinding gold for patron.

Just curious. Why exactly would a game company want to give Perks to players for Not playing their game? One of the biggest drawbacks to trying to get new players is the fact that new players will have very little- if any - land to own, using the current system.

And yes, the game has lasted 6 or more years. But how many Fresh Starts have they needed? How many times have they Merged servers? How many successful companies follow this business model?

8D

+ Reply to Thread