View Poll Results: Will you buy into non 24/7 Beta Event?

Voters
491. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I will buy into non 24/7 Beta Event

119 24.24%
  • No, absolutely not.

372 75.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy into NON 24/7 Beta

Buy into NON 24/7 Beta

No thanks. I personally will not be wasting money on buying into "beta events", any good gamer can learn the game by watching streamers as if they were playing it themselves.

https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news...ions-archeage/

"What is Alpha and Beta?
    The 24/7 private Alpha test helps us validate both gameplay and technology while building up the initial community of experts who are willing to share their experiences with others. ArcheAge will have a series of Beta events before launch. These events will give you a chance to see the game and will also serve as a test of our servers and the service integrations that we’ve made between ArcheAge and our systems."

Official Response: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ll=1#post62730
    I'm here for the community to hopefully make the community and game enjoyable for everyone. Don't like it? Then don't read my posts.

Sadly scapes confirmed in twitch chat today that there will only be closed beta events (a.k.a beta weekends) there had better be some good ♥♥♥♥ in the founders pack if they want people to buy it, because I know some people aren't going to pay just to get into a few weekends. Personally the beta weekend idea is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, that model just doesn't fit Archeage. They need to do a full 24/7 closed beta, with pubic stress test weekends, and allow people to buy into the closed beta with founders packs.

P.s I feel like Trion is trying too hard to try and hype the game, giving keys to streamers is cool, but the beta weekend thing is just going to piss people off.
    The Oran'Thul
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashiepooh View Post
    Personally the beta weekend idea is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, that model just doesn't fit Archeage. They need to do a full 24/7 closed beta, with pubic stress test weekends, and allow people to buy into the closed beta with founders packs.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I'm here for the community to hopefully make the community and game enjoyable for everyone. Don't like it? Then don't read my posts.

I think beta weekends will be awesome for stress testing. I wish the buy in option for founders would be 24/7 access though. Make the beta weekends for anyone to really get some stress on the servers. Either way just to play a little has me excited. I will take what I can get at this point and just keep looking forward to that release day.

Quote Originally Posted by PxAdams View Post
    I think beta weekends will be awesome for stress testing. I wish the buy in option for founders would be 24/7 access though. Make the beta weekends for anyone to really get some stress on the servers.
    Yeah, that is the exact way it should be.

If I wasn't playing Alpha, I would totally pay to play even on weekends. The game is worth it. In fact, even as an Alpha player, if I was told I had to pay to play during Beta events, I would absolutely do so. I don't expect to have to, but I am more than willing.
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

Damn that's a total killer for me...still on the fence about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashiepooh View Post
    Sadly scapes confirmed in twitch chat today that there will only be closed beta events (a.k.a beta weekends) there had better be some good ♥♥♥♥ in the founders pack if they want people to buy it, because I know some people aren't going to pay just to get into a few weekends. Personally the beta weekend idea is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, that model just doesn't fit Archeage. They need to do a full 24/7 closed beta, with pubic stress test weekends, and allow people to buy into the closed beta with founders packs.

P.s I feel like Trion is trying too hard to try and hype the game, giving keys to streamers is cool, but the beta weekend thing is just going to piss people off.
    Did he confirm that it would be this way for all packs? Trove has alpha and beta packs. I would assume the mid tier and up AA founders pack will include alpha access.
    Head of Phoenix
    From the ashes we rise!

Forum Guide writer.
    Always looking for suggestions!
    My work so far:
    [Guide] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation
    [Guide & FAQ] Pre-Beta Can you Run AA!

Quote Originally Posted by Westeller View Post
    If I wasn't playing Alpha, I would totally pay to play even on weekends. The game is worth it.
    No game is worth paying whatever amount to play a couple-few weekends a month for 3+ months. Just a waste of time when the game can be easily learned else where. With wipes coming before launch there is absolutely no point in playing this only on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by PxAdams View Post
    I think beta weekends will be awesome for stress testing. I wish the buy in option for founders would be 24/7 access though. Make the beta weekends for anyone to really get some stress on the servers. Either way just to play a little has me excited. I will take what I can get at this point and just keep looking forward to that release day.
    The major concern might be server stability at that point.
    Look at Everquest Next Landmark. Alpha servers the first week got bombed by people. And that was 60$ and up!
    Head of Phoenix
    From the ashes we rise!

Forum Guide writer.
    Always looking for suggestions!
    My work so far:
    [Guide] Ins and Outs of Guild Creation
    [Guide & FAQ] Pre-Beta Can you Run AA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast