+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do I see packs left on ground in public areas?

Question Why do I see packs left on ground in public areas?

I've not done any of the tutorial quests which teach mechanics of packs and trading yet, but for now I need a bit of clarification:

As I wander and explore I sometimes see multiple trade packs on the ground, for example near a community center. When I put the cursor over one it describes who made it, when it decays (timer), some other information, and usually near bottom of that window it will say "Free Loot" or words to that effect.

What is the purpose of someone creating the trade packs, then leaving them sitting there on the ground? Perhaps once I do some of the quests related to creating and trading packs I will understand, but for now will someone explain what's going on in this regard.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

There is a freshness on each tradeapck, the more time passes, the less gold you have, so you have to deliver as quickly as possible.
    Packs that can be crafted earn almost nothing with the cost of materials and time for deliver.
    So they put tradepack on ground for hope, someone take it and sell it for win 20% of gold.
    If the crafter is not the seller, the crafter receives a 20% cut of the profit and the seller receives an 80% cut of the profit.
    Old players do this to do a quest at each community center even if no one delivers them.
    They can make more gold otherwise

Thank you for the reply and explanation.

+ Reply to Thread