+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Day:390 Food and Water Supplies...doing pretty good actually

Day:390 Food and Water Supplies...doing pretty good actually

Hello Friends, i have returned from my previous thread http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...esh-count-7857

I Have been rather cut off from Archeage™ for awhile now, However i am now back as i was fired from my day job as a gynecologist assistant (Messy job that one was).

So from all the forum posts i have seen, it appears as tho P2W is the cause of this commotion.
    Anyway i could get a TL;DR version of this QQing, as its hard to read the fiery burning anger of a thousand suns on an 800x600 monitor.

PS: Trickster class yay or nay?
    archeage hyyyypeeehttp://www.twitch.tv/warrzz Warning i am not responsible for any I.Q lost during viewing, viewing discretion is advised.
    https://twitter.com/Warrzz9619
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...esh-count-7857

Fired as a gynecologist assistant... I have to ask what did you do?

I'll try to sum up what I have learned about what these people are QQ'ing about.

So with 1.2 our archeum supplies were basically cut off. All the old common ways of archeum being introduced into the game have been taken out and since the very beginning we have been promised it would be fixed shortly, before launch. This was maybe 3 months ago? No change, no word of progress on said change, just a bunch of Alpha players hoping Trion will keep their word. Meanwhile, gear that used to be worth 100 gold shoots up to 3000-5000 gold each.

A few months pass by, the beta events start up, no changes yet. People are still hopeful but still no word on their progress.
    A couple weeks later, open beta starts up. Patch notes released the night before state sunlight archeum drop rates alone have been increased, then the morning after we get some cash shop changes. Here is where the P2W crying comes in, labor potions (which restore 1000 labor per use) used to have a 12 hour cooldown. This was reduced to 4 hours but the price was also cut in half. People forget these will be cheap on the AH and start crying it's P2W, ignore them. They are ignorant and stupid.

Second part of the P2W crying, going back to the archeum problem. They introduced two new boxes on the cash shop, both of which have good rates of archeum drops but are kind of expensive for what they give. People cry more due to ignorance, the boxes are irrelevant on the grand scale of things and we still need a fix. Did these boxes reduce the price of archeum? Yes. Is it a fix? No. Does it give people a crazy advantage over those who do not buy it? No. It's just horrible timing on the part of Trion, if they had fixed the game before introducing this nobody would have even cared.

Now, the things people SHOULD be worried about is the changes made to things like mounts. Mounts are now all 9m/s or 10m/s. That Thunderdash you just spent 50K honor on? Just as fast as the 50g horse from mirage isle. Only 1m/s better than your race's basic mount.

They are also attempting to halt progress at every turn; closing Auroria on launch, removal of the fishing boat and farm tractor, limited to Tier 1 Hasla weapons, T2 and T3 will be unlocked when ever Trion sees fit. Essentially it seems like they are trying to make an "even playing field" for everyone. Making the game more "fair" for casual players. And that is a huge step in the WRONG direction, limiting player freedom.

Edit: I forgot to mention the rates on Sunlight were not even increased at all so I don't know what's going on there. It feels like Trion knows nothing about the game, and claim XL Games needs more data to give us a proper fix despite them havin a fix on their Korean servers already, which was made as a result of the same archeum drop rate nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Romza View Post

You Don't Wanna Know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    archeage hyyyypeeehttp://www.twitch.tv/warrzz Warning i am not responsible for any I.Q lost during viewing, viewing discretion is advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Veren View Post
    It feels like Trion knows nothing about the game, and claim XL Games needs more data to give us a proper fix despite them havin a fix on their Korean servers already, which was made as a result of the same archeum drop rate nerf.
    You mean this? http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/com...otes_if_trion/ - ya their CEO has 6 level 50 classes and can't be a bit more transparent about the direction he's taking the game and why? We all want this game to succeed, but barely hear any reasons why changes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Romza View Post
    We will see when the 11 o'clock news comes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Litre View Post
    You mean this? http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/com...otes_if_trion/ - ya their CEO has 6 level 50 classes and can't be a bit more transparent about the direction he's taking the game and why? We all want this game to succeed, but barely hear any reasons why changes are made.
    Those patch notes would have been nice to see, while they do not address everything it's better than what we got. I would change a few things, or add on to them.

#1 being the archeum: I would reintroduce waterlogged boxes and sacks to the game. If you do not know what these are, you would get these from fishing with bait worms randomly. 100 worms would get maybe 5-6 boxes, with the chance of level 50 gear that is ok but not that great, usually sold for a few gold or just disenchanted for the archeum crystal. You also had a chance of looting up to 2 or 3 of 1 type of archeum crystal, and a chance of gilda stars. However, I would just change how these boxes are obtained. Fishing them up with bait worms is pretty nonsensical, but there is already a mechanic in the game for salvaging things from sunken ships in the Castaway Strait. Why not just add these waterlogged boxes and sacks to that? Gives people more incentive to go treasure hunting because the loot would actually be worth a bit of gold for the time it takes to salvage it.

In regards to the trading thing: gilda rewards should be buffed slightly, 1 or 2 more gilda for cross-continental and 2 or 3 more for Freedich. Also reintroduce the option of trading packs in for gold for cross-continental and Freedich runs. Make a cross-continental gold turnout 2x what you would get for an average land run. This would revive the whole pirating aspect of the game, pre-1.2 the seas always had someone on them doing a gold run, there was almost always something going on on Freedich, and the game was just really really fun.

Auroria access: Day 1. No point in limiting progress. Not ready for Auroria by the 3rd or 4th day? Too bad. Lots of people will be, deal with it.

Regrade item chances: Fine as they are. The regrading system works perfectly for an economy where that delphi sword won't cost you 4K+ to replace. If delphi was a couple hundred gold you could just go grab a new one and try again.

PvP on other continents: If you see anyone of the opposing faction anywhere, their continent included, you should be able to kill them. Consequences could be added, like having to go through the opposing factions court if you kill people in their safe zones and the jail time would be very harsh.

Cash shop: Fine as it is, people need to learn what "pay to win" means. Labor pots do need balancing though, 6 hour account bound - not character bound cooldown and a 200-250 cash shop credit cost would be balanced imo. But as they are currently, I can't see them costing too much in-game gold, we will likely be flooded with them and people will see exactly how "pay to win" they are.

Everything else in the reddit post is fine, skill que is absolutely needed, healers have had it tough in AA since 1.2 and they need to add a Hasla variant (which exists in Korea) as well as quest rewards. Consumable level requirements are fine, although it is funny to blast through low lvl quests on an alt while fully buffed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrzz View Post
    Hello Friends, i have returned from my previous thread http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...esh-count-7857

I Have been rather cut off from Archeage™ for awhile now, However i am now back as i was fired from my day job as a gynecologist assistant (Messy job that one was).

So from all the forum posts i have seen, it appears as tho P2W is the cause of this commotion.
    Anyway i could get a TL;DR version of this QQing, as its hard to read the fiery burning anger of a thousand suns on an 800x600 monitor.

PS: Trickster class yay or nay?
    OMG, Warrzz... your previous thread was legendary! I remember when I first read that thread.. many, many moons ago. It was an amazing read. So thank you for that.

Now, on to the business at hand..

TL;DR version:
    I'll TL;DR Just one of the issues.. Archeum. There is a labor potion issue as well, but basically, it's a cash grab.

1. We were told since the drop of patch 1.2 that Trion was aware of the extremely low drop rate of Archeum, and that they were looking into it with XLgames. (ok, we're ok with that)

2. A few days ago we get new patch notes that say they have raised only one archeum rate (sunlight), and are monitoring if the other archeum rates need to be adjusted. (stop the bus, wth?)

3. Next day after the patch notes, we are told there are new Archeum chests on the cash shop (but don't worry, they only have a bonus "chance" to have Archeum in them (so, it's not "really p2w"). Then people start buying the chests and see that it's about a 95% chance to get Archeum in every chest... but they are opening coin purses too, and realize the Archeum drop rates are still trash, and the only really reliable way to get Archeum is through the cash shop. (riots begin, forums erupt.. someone get me my pitch fork!)

4. Trion has responded to most of the concerns by giving non substantiative answers that at this point, few are buying. Add to that, they decided to "delay" their livestream that was supposed to be today rather than address the concerns of the people who are voicing concern. (at this point, I'm just experiencing *shock and awe* at Trion's response.)

That was as succinct as I know how to make it.
    There is strength in numbers... it's always better to make a friend than an enemy.. you never know when you might need that friend..

Warzz, please tell us why you goy fired.

You could receive legendary status here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Warzz, please tell us why you goy fired.

You could receive legendary status here.

A Bit of back story here, After Buying into Alpha $150 of my "Survival" money was used to buy Archeage™.
    This was a bad call, i had to move out of my house and move into low income housing.
    And was back to the dark ages....I started seeing Mr Bigglesworth ghost again, Even after all of that therapy.

One day i was running low on Food only a half eaten rat carcass left, I said to myself "....NO" I'm going to change my life around and become a functioning member of society.
    So i found a nearby walmart did some dumpster diving and found some Axe Body Spray™, Perfect for a job interview!.

I looked in the paper and there it was.....LF1M Vagilzor The Gaping Maw 25man PST

The Job was easy, as i was just a DPS... However how i was fired was completely my fault.
    I wanted to see how close i could get to the boss without aggroing it, Thingsdidnotgotoplan.jpg

(Raid)Warrzz Has Been Kicked:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast