+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [BREAKING NEWS] Ruins of Galleon Found off the Coast of Solzreed Peninsula!

[BREAKING NEWS] Ruins of Galleon Found off the Coast of Solzreed Peninsula!

The tarnished maiden, once a proud symbol of <Nui Brotherhood>'s influence, now quietly rusts in the ocean waters.

TUESDAY, APRIL 22ND - CASTAWAY STRAIGHT

Cannons were fired off of the coast of Solzreed Peninsula today as a galleon, owned by <Nui Brotherhood> opened fire on the rowboat of a man by the name of Scypher.

"I was just minding my own business, enjoying a nearby island," said Scypher. "When out of nowhere, a galleon appeared and started lobbing cannonballs at me. They almost destroyed my rowboat!"

Luckily for Scypher, a band of heroes from <Nui World Order> heard the shots and went to rescue him. Said Scypher,

"It was incredible. <Nui World Order>'s galleon came to my rescue at the last minute and boarded the galleon. They threw the captain overboard and arrested his crew."

Istarii, a long-time member of <Nui World Order>, was manning the ship's telescope when he saw <Nui Brotherhood> open fire.

"I have no idea why <Nui Brotherhood> would try to destroy a simple rowboat," said Istarii. "So I did what anyone else would've done: I called out to the captain and we sailed to the rowboat's rescue."

But once the offending vessel had been captured, a struggle ensued. According to Istarii,

"We were tying up the ship's crew when one of their more fanatic members lit a powder keg. The ship exploded, but we got away with our lives. Some of <Nui Brotherhood>'s members weren't so lucky, however."

It's a shame that the Arcadian Sea is home to such vicious warfare - especially within one's own faction - but thanks to the efforts of <Nui World Order>, the sea has been made a little bit safer for everyone.

For the Nui Newsletter, I'm Kriptini.

---

OOC EDIT: A lot of you guys are making accusations about "stream sniping." That's cool. I'm not going to say that it did or didn't happen, because frankly, I don't know. But I do know this: <Nui Brotherhood>, for the past few days, had been amassing a huge "army" of trade packs on the coast of Two Crowns, which happens to be the largest neighborhood in the entire server. Do they really think that people weren't watching them from in-game that entire time?

Cannons were fired? as soon as they got in view some cowards despawned their ship
    Real men, and stuff.

Calling a ship 'streamsniper' doesnt really work either.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ hate comments incoming ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well

Look at that spin! Just like the real media! You've got a promising career in journalism ahead of you =)

aww kriptini u should do more like dat stuff ... its like reading a real newspaper ... whoop whoop !

It seems like this is the FOX news channel's version of the story. Looking forward to the NBC version.

It was true. I was there. I lost my row boat. :< I was minding my own business.
    Master of the Rowing of Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
    It seems like this is the FOX news channel's version of the story. Looking forward to the NBC version.
    Personally I would like to see NPR's version.

Seems like someone has been trained in the fine art of trolling on the EVE Online forums.

Rofl trying to sound all noble. You do know that over 2000 people were watching that stream and saw you despawn your ship so you could to take on a bunch of lower leveled players without doing any naval combat. You didn't even know someone was in the crows nest until you heard them say so in the stream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast