+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Founder's packs prices

$150 is certainly a lot of money to pay for a f2p game
    Hail Oran'Thul
    "We are not here to roleplay...we are here to conquer."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Even if the alpha is only 6-8 weeks (thought it'll be longer) you still get 3 months of patron status and 15000 credits. In Rift, patron status costs 2400 credits. That 6 months of patron status. So you're getting 9 months of gameplay plus alpha.
    Yes and some of that stuff I was not planning on buying so the real value(to me) of the alpha pack lies in the amount of play time before release (or wait time if I don't buy) I will get by purchasing the alpha pack. If I'm just getting 6-8 alpha weeks(not expected that short but possible until they clarify) then the beta pack is the better value for me because I'll spend less on stuff I would not have bought anyway. Your view is valid as well for sure but this is what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbyyyyy View Post
    $150 is certainly a lot of money to pay for a f2p game
    10 moths of a pay to play like teso or wildstar, its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Drynn View Post
    Yes and some of that stuff I was not planning on buying so the real value(to me) of the alpha pack lies in the amount of play time before release (or wait time if I don't buy) I will get by purchasing the alpha pack. If I'm just getting 6-8 alpha weeks(not expected that short but possible until they clarify) then the beta pack is the better value for me because I'll spend less on stuff I would not have bought anyway. Your view is valid as well for sure but this is what works for me.
    Obviously the value is relative to the person, but it still has value regardless. Founders packs are not "get into alpha free" packs. They're meant for people who want to invest in the game early on. Yes it's a gamble whether it was worth it in the long run, but if you trust Trion as a developer and you have the money, $150 is a good investment.

Take my money. Here have it. *throws money at devs*

Buying top tier. Gives zero f****.

I do belive the prices are very high and should be decreased not majorly to 50 but somewhere near around 80-100 that seems fair likewise what ever quest landmark did with its pack but im sure trion will maybe put some more though into this after this post. (This game is alpha so it is not completed and should not even cost in the first place we are essetialliy paying to play a broken game) I do also believe that trion made a mistake by giving access to specifically streamers for free as more people would get into this and when they find out the price they would be very angry , I'm not going to buy the game at the price but if it does go down a little i will consider it , The features of credits and gliders are cosmetic and can be earned through game time which is not a big reward IMO.

(Additionally the exclusive stuff loses it's charm because a lot of people are gonna get it so it's gonna be lame everyone having the same thing)

(The two moth subscription thing isn't really a big deal because if there's a way of getting it in game then there's not much worth to it.)

for the F2P model its these high price things are what keep the servers up, game devs paid, and future content production.

Will be buying the top tier package for sure <3 mmmmmmm fancy glider <3

It makes sense why you would say that $150.00 is a lot of money for a F2P game but from everything I keep reading with those comments I think a grey area is starting to form around that top tier. The tier comes with a 3 month subscription plus 15k in game currency. Granted we don't know what the price will be to pay for a month subscription with the currency but if its close to Rifts you will be able to buy 3-4 or maybe 3-5 months subscription if I remember Rifts approach. So in the scheme of things your paying for easily close to 6months minimum of premium game time. With this you get into alpha, beta and some other things. Also, a theme is appearing with all these negative posts like you are being forced to pay these prices. Founders packs are not the only way you can get into game. This is an additional incentive that a lot of us are going to pay just to support Trion with ArcheAge. If these prices are too high, that's understandable but you don't HAVE to pay anything. You can still wait for release, the game will STILL be F2P.

i personally think at least 100k people will buy the $150 founders pack on day 1. thats 15 million cash in the pocket. good job Trion, everyone gets a raise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast