+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: Delphi Coins for Trade in 1.0 | Huge news that's been buried

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Solipsism View Post
    Yeah, I already responded to this in the original thread, but another "thank you" can't hurt. Great job Trion!

    Next up: Keep pirating a 100/0 split!
    Right because it should be totally frustrating for the robbed party! Why don't we make it so that the victims have all their gold and inventory items taken from them as well. To hell with the victims! They aren't even real players! They are just bots for the pirate players to attack! 100% loot or nothing!



    ...and if you can't tell, that was complete and utter sarcasm. 80/20 is completely reasonable.

  2. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    22
    100% This! Thank you for this!
    ArcheAge:
    Alpha: Not Yet | Beta: Registered

    RIFT:

    Beta:1st beta weekend | Joline @ Graybriar

    to launch

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    'MERICA
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimarhie View Post
    Right because it should be totally frustrating for the robbed party! Why don't we make it so that the victims have all their gold and inventory items taken from them as well. To hell with the victims! They aren't even real players! They are just bots for the pirate players to attack! 100% loot or nothing!



    ...and if you can't tell, that was complete and utter sarcasm. 80/20 is completely reasonable.
    Runescape's style was fun. I assure you it works.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

  4. #54
    Can someone explain to me what this 60/40 and 80/10 thing you all are talking about?

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    'MERICA
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight013 View Post
    Can someone explain to me what this 60/40 and 80/10 thing you all are talking about?
    Sure. Basically people carry these valuable tradepack items across dangerous PvP zones for profit. Doing so, however means that they might get killed and the tradepack taken. When tradepack is taken by a PKer/PvPer, part of the original value of that tradepack is kept by the player who died. Some people want the PKer to keep 100% of whatever was dropped, others want him to only get 60%. Currently he keeps 80%.

    At least as far as I understand it.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

  6. #56
    Very good news. This is how u get my $50! Good job Scapes.
    Black snake is evil. Black snake is all I see.

  7. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22
    So we got some great news and some okay'ish news. Cool that cross continent trading doesn't get murdered, and the split is toned town a bit... but I'm not sure why it's there in the first place. I wish some developers could come out and straight out explain to us what is their reasoning behind a stolen trade pack split and why is it better than a 100/0.

  8. #58
    "intercontinental" ? not same continent or half of it gained via safe roads ? Can you stop cattering just to big guilds that will be able to protect themselves and kill all lone wolves trying to deliver their packs to the other continent ? what about more casual players, you know how this will turn out with "human" nature, this game unleash all of what is deep and dark with human nature in itself, you know you are already screwing lone wolves or small guilds with this move. forcing them to go across the open seas to get the currency needed to get a ship to begin with...

    Oh... and how do you trade to the other continent in the first place, with the raw little boat ? getting ganked by sea beetles ?

    This is a bit ridiculous, how does people without a big guild or even liking to progress a bit alone without entering a guild right off the start will manage to achieve anything in the long run ?

    People still having not a clue about the game can't understand why "intercontinental" only for this currency, is not a very good idea, at least you should give the option to have 1/2 of the currency reward on "warzone" areas in the main continent for delivering packs there. like "inistra" / land of ministers.

    On Ru you have same continent trading routes that offers this currency to the less lucky players with intercontinental sailing roads.

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Maan View Post
    "intercontinental" ? not same continent or half of it gained via safe roads ? Can you stop cattering just to big guilds that will be able to protect themselves and kill all lone wolves trying to deliver their packs to the other continent ? what about more casual players, you know how this will turn out with "human" nature, this game unleash all of what is deep and dark with human nature in itself, you know you are already screwing lone wolves or small guilds with this move. forcing them to go across the open seas to get the currency needed to get a ship to begin with...

    Oh... and how do you trade to the other continent in the first place, with the raw little boat ? getting ganked by sea beetles ?

    This is a bit ridiculous, how does people without a big guild or even liking to progress a bit alone without entering a guild right off the start will manage to achieve anything in the long run ?
    Well for a change we get some game that's not only catering to the drooling massive casual market and has some kind of oldschool difficulty and fun to it and still we get tons of people like this just crying their eyes out on how unfair the universe is, how they want PvE servers and more casual approaches. That's what the 60/40 splits are, catering to those that can't play the game properly and refuse to run safe trade caravans "because they're lone wolves". Guess what Geralt, a lone wolf ♥♥♥♥ing dies and gets torn apart by other animals. You want to run cross continent, you're gonna run with teams or be really sneaky about it so no pirate gets you. There propably will still be dailies in-game, like in Korea, that will award stars for those who refuse to run trade packs.

    Also, as far as I know there always were tons of small elitist guilds in AA and they did just fine. You don't need a escort of 10 fully manned galleons to run one trade ship, and if it gets to that point - you'll just man up and join a big guild or run safe packs and get less rewards.

    Worst case you can always go back to playing facebook games, they're very friendly and forgiving. Not really fun unfortunately, but ye can't have everything.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Well for a change we get some game that's not only catering to the drooling massive casual market and has some kind of oldschool difficulty and fun to it and still we get tons of people like this just crying their eyes out on how unfair the universe is, how they want PvE servers and more casual approaches. That's what the 60/40 splits are, catering to those that can't play the game properly and refuse to run safe trade caravans "because they're lone wolves". Guess what Geralt, a lone wolf ♥♥♥♥ing dies and gets torn apart by other animals. You want to run cross continent, you're gonna run with teams or be really sneaky about it so no pirate gets you. There propably will still be dailies in-game, like in Korea, that will award stars for those who refuse to run trade packs.

    Also, as far as I know there always were tons of small elitist guilds in AA and they did just fine. You don't need a escort of 10 fully manned galleons to run one trade ship, and if it gets to that point - you'll just man up and join a big guild or run safe packs and get less rewards.

    Worst case you can always go back to playing facebook games, they're very friendly and forgiving. Not really fun unfortunately, but ye can't have everything.
    Screw you, i'm playing the Ru version since launch, it's much more "pvp" oriented than any other version of Archeage, and i don't ever touch that plague called facebook, but on Ru at least "lone wolves" can be a very ugly pain in the ♥♥♥ because you allow them to have galleons or trading ships on their own, that is not "cattering" to casual, actually it gives big guild a big challenge and sometimes a lot of problems when they get blockaded by only 1 person that manage to put their ship in open sea / warzone area to give their pack to pirates and also make a deal with these to steal big guilds packs.

    So your interpretation of this is really biased and naive, your perspective lacks, perspective and you talk out of your ♥♥♥ about this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts