+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: udf folder MILLION files!

udf folder MILLION files!

Hello,
    my udf Folder contains Millions of .sst files when i play the game ! Majority of which are 0 Bytes.... ->Game crashed for me!
    wth is that?

I mean i can't play the game anymore yet.

I have fixed it by deleting the ArcheAge folder in my documents.

Only a million? I got bored and went to bed after mine hit the 7.6 million mark.

4,4 mil here. I'm trying to delete, but after spending half an hour I see that it won't finish the deletion. Need windows reinstall now?

How to fix this issue. Get comfortable. It will take a while.

Open Notepad

Type

del /f/s/q directory > nul
    rmdir /s/q directory

replace the word directory with the documents folder location on your computer. It will look something like:
    c:\users\Bob\ArcheAge

Now save the file as:
    FastDelete.bat

Sit back and wait. It will look like it is doing nothing but just leave it be. My directory finished with just short of 9million files. It took about 10 minutes on an SSD. Will take quite a bit longer on a normal hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by amindamok View Post
    How to fix this issue. Get comfortable. It will take a while.

Open Notepad

Type

del /f/s/q directory > nul
    rmdir /s/q directory

replace the word directory with the documents folder location on your computer. It will look something like:
    c:\users\Bob\ArcheAge

Now save the file as:
    FastDelete.bat

Sit back and wait. It will look like it is doing nothing but just leave it be. My directory finished with just short of 9million files. It took about 10 minutes on an SSD. Will take quite a bit longer on a normal hard drive.
    worked for me and i had tried everything out there. thanks a bunch!

The issue of the files being created should be fixed after the maintenance tomorrow (according to the patch notes).
    Meow. Airi is playing on Ollo. Joined on September 22-2014 . Ps. Airi stalks Munchiies :P!

Quote Originally Posted by Airichan View Post
    The issue of the files being created should be fixed after the maintenance tomorrow (according to the patch notes).
    73.4 million files in the udf and the USER folders, which I had backed up a while ago and forgot about for a while. Just mentioning it in this old post to underline the ridiculousness of it.

Just had the same problem - games freeze's at the green leaf

Fixed the problem - go to Documents - open the ArcheAge folder, delete the folder UDF then go to the USER folder - Delete folder UDF / UDF 80

Job done, game loads

Thanks

Exclamation

Please help me, it drives me crazy! So, I have the same problem as you guys had/still have. The only matter is that CREATING FASTDELETE.BAT does nothing for me. I went in the directory, opened Properties of the udf folder. The fastdelete.bat indeed is deleting files, but they reappear over and over again, something like: 4 million, back to zero for less than a second, over 100k again and keeps rising, 0 again, and over millions over and over and over again, like an infinite cycle. It also kills my RAM (16GB full!). I have no idea what to do, tried the DEL C:\-\-\udf\* command (it deletes all files in a specified folder). Now I'm waiting for the command to complete, but I don't know if it ever will, because I haven't accessed Properties again (my RAM would go full again) so I don't know if the files are just recreating or being deleted. Have absolutely no idea how to get rid of that folder. Only option I have is to delete both AA and Glyph. Help, please!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast