+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Combat overhaul for NA?

Combat overhaul for NA?

While this game seems incredible, the one thing that stands out to me as lacking/really outdated seeming is the combat. Granted I haven't played the game, but it looks a little messy and boring at the moment. I could be wrong!

Considering combat is something you do in an MMORPG [at least most people do] for such a huge amount of time, I certainly hope it's fun and engaging.

How do you you guys feel about the combat?

Personally, I prefer pretty active combat like much like the system featured in Elder Scrolls Online or Guild Wars 2 for instance.

Well the combat is just very standard tab targeting like SWTOR or WOW or what have you. I personally prefer this kind of combat over actiony combat but *shrugs* to each their own.

A fun thing about Archeage combats is that it will become complex as you dig in deeper and deeper.

When OBT starts at Russia and Korea, combats were mostly done by 2~4 skills, but it becomes at least more than 10 combinations of skills as time goes.

http://youtu.be/11vBc73FO1o would be a good example.

I feel it is really fun because you find new combos each time.

The combat is a next gen tab targetting one, with advanced obstacle and collision detection and world physics, and with lot's of skills available for use (unlike in the new western ones).

The only problem with the combat is that some classes (mages) seems overpowered.

I'm still on the fence about the combat.

My character is only level 25 (Ru version) and there are already 2-3 interesting combos for my class setup with some worthwhile synergy. Combat seems fairly fast paced and entertaining.

The only problem with AA combat is that frankly, its nothing you haven't seen before. Tab targeting, hotkey skill activation, GCD, combos, additional effects, Health and Mana (no third resource), etc. It's very similar to combat in WoW, Rift, ToR, FF XIV and many other MMOs. That's not necessarily bad - AA takes what has been proven to work and uses it well. There had better be more to the game than the combat though, there needs to be some really excellent content to make it stand out.

I'm a twitch combat fan; but tbh going back to the origins wasn't so bad.

I like current combat style better than any other. Maybe it's because I'm used to it because of WoW or maybe it is just better.
    I don't really see anything better in ESO's or GW2's combat system and don't like having only couple skills. And personally I don't think actiom-combat system is advanced enough, tried almost every game with it and never liked any.

Quote Originally Posted by LlexX View Post
    The combat is a next gen tab targetting one, with advanced obstacle and collision detection and world physics, and with lot's of skills available for use (unlike in the new western ones).

The only problem with the combat is that some classes (mages) seems overpowered.
    you get rooted by a circle of i hate you and crows of eat crap will start pecking at your miserable life while you get slowed by a considerable amount all the while the mage is shooting red balls of death at you.
    IGN:ButteredToast | Server: Hebep RU | Faction: West

Quote Originally Posted by OccipitaL View Post
    And personally I don't think the trendy actiom-combat system is advanced enough, tried almost every game with it and never liked any.
    TERA's combat had potential, but still needed refinement. That and every other aspect of the game besides the combat was rather bad, lol.

I liked GW1's combat, you can never 1 or 2 shot someone, it always took a combination of skills to take someone out. I think Archeage's is similar in that you combine skils from different disciplines. I hope Trion can balance Archeage NA's combat to diminish 1-3 shot easy kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast