+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So 150$ translates to 134,99 according to Trion.. Why not just PayPall Converse it?

So 150$ translates to 134,99 according to Trion.. Why not just PayPall Converse it?

Okey so i don't really actually mind the prize dollar prize, because of all the fancy stuff it gets you and the value on the Currency + Patron time (thought i think that those don't count possible "discounts" you would get when buying 3 months or 10k credits straight away).

What i DON'T like is that they do the same thing some stupid companies do and they don't use realistic currency conversions, because this mean that i'm paying over 40$ more than US dollar prize would be.

150 U.S. dollars = 108.436348 Euros
    140 Euros = 193.66200 U.S. dollars provided by Google
    These may wary depending on the time and date but you can understand that it would be nice if they even rounded it up to 110€ (or 109,99)

I don't know what they would say if i would use PayPall and buy the pack with Dollar Prize, (they do the currency change with no additional or very little cost), would they still give me EU access? i would like an answer to this before trying it.

So of someone from Trion could answer, am i region locked if i buy the Dollar Prize and not the Euro Prize?
    You fellow Forum users, do you think this prize conversion is Fair? putting every other debate aside?

Thank you and CU in game when its released if this is not resolved (also release will show how much they "lied" on the value)

EDIT: As it was pointed out by Yuray, it is most likely because of VAT.
    It make's sense when you consider there is 21% tax included in the EU purchase.
    135 Euros = 186.7455 U.S. dollars
    186,7455 * 0,21 = 39,216555
    150 + 39,216555 = 189,216555
    (my math might be right as i haven't done it in a long time but it should be at least in the right ballpark ;D)
    So here we have it... Screw EU for taxing our Digital Content!

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...s/index_en.htm

Could be wrong, but isn't VAT the reason why? Trion isn't an EU producer, thus their services/products get an import tax. The massive import tax is to encourage Europeans to purchase products and services from Europe. You could argue that Trion should foot this cost, but I doubt they would agree with you, as it is your union's law. Write a letter to your EU rep and see if you can get Trion tax exempted if this is the case, they might even toss you a free pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuray View Post

Could be wrong, but isn't VAT the reason why? Trion isn't an EU producer, thus their services/products get an import tax. The massive import tax is to encourage Europeans to purchase products and services from Europe. You could argue that Trion should foot this cost, but I doubt they would agree with you, as it is your union's law. Write a letter to your EU rep and see if you can get Trion tax exempted if this is the case, they might even toss you a free pack!
    Pretty sure this. ^^
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Quote Originally Posted by Yuray View Post

Yes, it's exactly this. Trion is exporting from the United States, and acting as the EU publisher as well. They don't have this issue within the US.

If my eyes did see correctly I paid 110 Pounds!
    Which I am sure is not 150 dollars!

Ohh maybe they were euro!

And what about All this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about the so cool "transatlantic trade" between europe and usa, ment to release all these kind of taxes and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ between them ? Just another scheme to ripp off europe people then i guess.

194+ bucks For a digital founder pack, digital copy of a game... Are you serious...

There is no way in hell i'd pay such a high price, i'd do it to upgrade a middle range good performance / price graphic card, it's almost the price of a wii u, for pixels ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maan View Post
    And what about All this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ about the so cool "transatlantic trade" between europe and usa, ment to release all these kind of taxes and ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ between them ? Just another scheme to ripp off europe people then i guess.

194+ bucks For a digital founder pack, digital copy of a game... Are you serious...
    None of that is related to Trion or XL Games. If you have issues with international trade agreements, I suggest you call your representative.

I think they have done something wrong with this, had never had to pay extra cash because I am not in USA!
    it is bit a diff 150 $ or 190

Quote Originally Posted by JLC6290 View Post
    None of that is related to Trion or XL Games. If you have issues with international trade agreements, I suggest you call your representative.
    Fire your Prime Minister and tell him to quit the European Union.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Hmm well i'v seen plenty of games just use PayPall to use for payments out of the country and they never had any problems with just using the PayPall conversion. Though i never wondered about where the billing partner was located.
    You might be right, after all, 150$ compared to the 190$ we pay is 21% higher, but i presume your 150$ already includes taxes? if so then that would be double taxation (meaning our 21% should be counted from the non taxed prize, as i believe VAT is there to prevent double taxation).

Anyways this would be nice if explained to everyone in clear letters and not just put the prize tag there because there's plenty of companies that do just direct conversions even within EU.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast