+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Crime/Justice system really work?

Some people do it for the logs/crops/saplings/etc. Some do it because they enjoy griefing other players (this include the ones that pretend they are helping the government prevent "tax evasion"). Some do it because they have to, in order to become pirates.

The justice system works as designed. But it was apparently not designed to provide satisfaction to the victims.

Here is an interesting question. If you found a thunderstruck tree planted by another player in an unprotected area, would you take it? Tell the truth!

Eh, I think a few hours should be added to jail time based on how much time you committed and the only way it ticks down is if you're online. I know most people would be against it but I seen other games have it and I could say a day of murdering was well worth the 7 hours I often spent in jail. It adds a huge downside to being a serial killer but it also makes a good punishment. The way the jail system is now is like a little slap on the wrist. I find it pretty pointless other than just the fun of it. Needless to say I for one will be going on a lot of killing spree's and probably be sent to the pirate island in a day or two of playing.

No, its a failure to prevent same side ganking.

basic the trial system is for fun to me.

ppl doesn't necessarily get punished for every single crime they do; not to mention that finding other ppl's secret farm and chop them off is a part of game play, not really a "wrong" thing to do in game.

do you get caught EVERY time u lie or shoplift? same idea.

I have done this before, except my victim did not show up.

Plantation of yew trees in a PvP zone. Nominally, I would have to kill the farmer for his trees. I would give the owner the chance to defend himself against me. I'm nice like that.

I was nice and wait a few minutes. Still didn't show up... okay let's cut them down so I can build my large farm.

72 crime points racked up. I died to the other faction, went to trial and said that someone had a bunch of yew trees in Ynystere that were fully grown and nobody around... so I chop them all down.

I was found innocent. My guess is my jury was full of people who did the same exact thing.

Take the I'm not a dick pledge.

I pledge to never take from land that someone owns
    I pledge to not uproot plants and let them grow to maturity
    I pledge not to be a dick

See there is nothing in there about people who plant stuff on land that they don't own/control. If the farm isn't legit, you must acquit.

Quote Originally Posted by SurianBedivere View Post
    Bit of a backstory:

I planted 20 trees overnight, being a F2P player i had no other choice than to plant them somewhere in the overworld. Put them well out of the way of travel zones, and i made sure i set a timer to cut them down as soon as they would be ready.

As i arived, i found one person cutting down the last of my trees, i confronted him, he simply told me i had to hide it better. Tried activating Bloodlust mode to beat it out of him, but naturally that didnt work in friendly territory. As he soon after ran, all that i had left was to report the 20 bloody footsteps he left behind.

Which, if my research is correct, gives him 60 crime points and an instant mark as a Criminal who needs to be hunted down and trialed.

I have two questions regarding this:

1) Is being marked as a criminal severe enough to deter people from doing this?
    2) Does the Crime/Justice system really work? As in, will they learn their lesson from being locked up? :/

and i guess a third question, what gratification does this give me if i dont even see or hear about this person being trialed/convicted? :/
    Basically.. once I get 30 points, I do my daily Infamy quests that take away 60 infamy a day. So, he got free wood thanks to you.

My advice, Join a guild, use their land, and avoid this!

If you get over 3000 infamy (crime points), you become a pirate and cannot be in an east or west guild, only pirate guilds.
    Phain
    Lords of the Dead
    All perspectives are unique perspectives of ne perspective

"I avoided buying items for real $ that would protect my planting, also do not pay in-game taxes like everyone else who plants trees on protected land, and then got my trees stolen. What can I do to punish the guy who did this?"

Really? LOL. What you need to ask is "How can I cheat the system more wisely" and ignore the guy who got your stuff. Get there sooner, you admitted yourself you were late and someone had already gotten them. Plant in a better location. Get logging speed scrolls in case you have to directly compete with someone as your trees mature.

Or, buy apex / patron and get over yourself?
    ♪ღ♪*..**..*♪ღ♪.**..*♪ღ♪♪♪ღ ♪*..**..*♪ღ♪.**..*♪ღ♪ * ♪ღ♪
    If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance! Scarletwind: part Bard, part Oracle, 100% sexy. Guild: Renegade Forerunners

Someone got 113 minutes in jail on monday i saw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast