Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge Launch: Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 10/30 at 1:00 PM PDT)

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge Launch: Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 10/30 at 1:00 PM PDT)

Follow the latest posts from the ArcheAge Team on the forums with our Dev Tracker!

Hello adventurers!

Since launch, we've seen tons of new players visiting the forums to start and join discussions. We've written up this set of frequently asked questions about common topics and current issues. Also, be sure to read CEO Scott Hartsman's latest ArcheAge launch update letter.

Is evading the AFK kick or leveling my mount while I'm AFK permitted?

Using in-game mechanics to evade the AFK kick may result in being disconnected from the server by a Game Master. However, it will only result in an account ban if third-party software is being used to evade the AFK kick.

I think a player is using unfair methods to claim land before anyone else can, what's being done about it?

We've been closely following the accusations of unfair land claiming methods. The team is actively investigating accounts that appear to some players as outliers in terms of number of properties owned. This data point alone isn't sufficient evidence of foul play as some players are focusing all of their gameplay on real estate and flipping properties.

We agree that one player claiming multiple properties that many other players are simultaneously trying to claim is suspect, which is why we're taking a close look to determine the cause, prevent it, and remove the players using it. Additionally, we're proposing new methods for land claiming to XLGAMES that will remove the benefit of fastest ping or most clicks per second.

Anticipate updates on this topic as developments occur.

I saw someone using a botting script or gameplay hack in-game, what's being done about it?

We're taking a very aggressive stance on addressing botting, exploiting, client hacking, and other forms of illegal gameplay. For example, on an average day, we block more than 5000 bad accounts from making purchases and ban more than 3000 others from the game. We're also applying a series of much broader bans which we'll have an update about once the results are verified. For now, know that our bot killing script and punitive actions were too conservative before this week. Anticipate a noticeable change over the coming days.

My server is experiencing a lot of chat spam, what's being done about it?

We agree, the spam needs to go. Trion Worlds has a great, proven, MMO-specific learning spam filter in house that we recommend strongly for all of our games. Originally developed for RIFT, it can be relatively easily integrated into anything. XLGAMES and Trion have both made getting our proven solution integrated in to ArcheAge a big priority; it's currently being implemented in the next major build of the game. Until then, the temporary one we have in place as an interim solution operates entirely outside of the game and can only spot and kick/ban people once they've been spamming, meaning that spam tends to not last more than a few minutes.

Why can't I seem to block or find the real character name of this chat spammer?

Some chat spammers are doing some clever things to fake out the chat window such as "clearing" it with long empty strings or presenting part of their chat as a fake character name. A fix for the ability to fake out the chat window is being worked on by XLGAMES. Mentioned above, our chat filter solution, once implemented, will work fine even with that going on. For the time being, there are adjustments that can be made to the chat window you can use to change the UI scale and chat window size to find their actual name and block it (example: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-gold-spammers). Note that you may need to adjust the chat font size as well.

Are reports made using the character skill Report Unauthorized Program being reviewed?

Yes, these reports help us become aware of botting and other prohibited third-party software being used for gameplay advantages in addition to monitoring gameplay data internally. We also trace any ill-gotten gains and take out related accounts profiting from their activity. It's important to note that all players who accurately report a verified case of unauthorized program use will get 50 Labor Points as reward (and an in-game mail about it), double the 25 Labor Point cost of making the report.

Note that even if a bot with the Report Unauthorized Program debuff on them goes to the judge to plead their innocence, our system still logs the fact they were flagged meaning they will be reviewed by a Game Master regardless. Also, we recently improved this reporting process to handle the larger-than-expected volume of bots and are seeing good results so far.

Is using a macro or other scripted input method permitted?

No, using either will result in your account being suspended or terminated.

Is using a mod or third-party game client add-on permitted?

No, using mods or add-ons is in strict violation of our terms of service and will result in punitive action. We've also reached out to the developer, XLGAMES, with regards to preventing the use of mods or third-party add-ons that grant a player gameplay advantages over another.

I'm missing my Patron Status in-game and/or my Patron Time is wrong or showing as inactive.

Since launch, our Platform Team has been hard at work restoring Patron Status and missing Patron Time to players who purchased it directly or through Founder's Packs. We've applied a series of fixes at the platform level to correct this issue on thousands of accounts already and we continue to restore Patron Status for hundreds of players each day. We have a broader fix being developed and will have more details on it this week. Until then, know that we will make certain that all players who bought Patron Time get it correctly applied to their account. We know how important Patron is to you, especially in a world of property timers: resolving missing Patron Status is our priority platform fix.

I should have Patron Status but don't and I need it in order to pay my house/farm taxes.

It's true, Patron Status is needed to pay property taxes in ArcheAge. However, even if your taxes are due, you actually have an additional week to pay your taxes before your property is returned to you and the land it's on made public. Our Platform Team is working around the clock to restore Patron Time and activate for accounts that should have it.

I'm still missing some/all of my Founder's Pack perks on my character(s).

We're aware that some Founders are reporting that their perks haven't been granted to one or multiple characters on their accounts. Sorry for the delayed delivery! Our Platform Team has made a series of improvements to the speed with which the Founder's Pack chests are distributed via the in-game mail system. We will make certain that all Founders automatically get the perks that they purchased: if you have not yet received the perks for the tier you purchased, please reply in this thread. Alternatively, our Support Team can assist you in getting your items in the interim. Submitting a help ticket or consulting our live chat will get you the help you need. Please note that we have a lot of tickets and chats active right now but you will definitely be responded to in the order received.

To make sure that they can enjoy their Founder's Pack items immediately, our Founders now have access to a bonus single-use product that can be used to apply the per-character Founder's Pack items to the character of their choice. When you've selected the "Founder's Pack - Bonus" product from the ArcheAge product page (make sure you're signed in), click "Apply" and select the character that you'd like to receive these items on. Please note that this can only be done for one character, so choose wisely! This grant is in addition to the 6 characters who have or will receive the items.

Am I in the Patron queue or the general queue?

There are two queues for entering servers: Patron and general. The Patron queue is added to the server faster than the general queue. If you have Patron status in the game, you will be placed in the Patron queue.

Originally, the game clearly showed which queue you were in. We recently introduced a ten-minute grace period that allows players who are disconnected from the game to rejoin their server without having to wait in the queue. A temporary side effect of this addition is that the current queue prompt doesn't designate which queue you're in. We are working with XLGAMES to make it so it does show this information.

Are more new servers going to be opened?

Since launch, we've opened eleven new servers across both North America and Europe for a total of 21, more than double our number at launch. As before, we'll continue closely monitoring the servers' populations and queues (and paying attention to player feedback on the forums) to determine if more are warranted. The reason we're being conservative about adding more is that we want to avoid a post-launch situation where opening too many servers leads to individual server populations stabilizing down to levels that leave them partially populated.

For more details, please read CEO Scott Hartsman's ArcheAge launch update letter.

Why is new character creation disabled on my server?

New character creation may be temporarily disabled on your server to keep unacceptably long queuing from occurring. Alternatively, certain races may not be available if we're balancing out the factions on your server. Both measures are not permanent and their duration is purely a factor of how long it takes for the server population to rebalance. Restrictions are reevaluated daily based on server activity data and queue length.

Click here for the latest information on restrictions.

How are the long queues being addressed?

Mentioned in the "new servers" question, eleven servers have been opened since launch to reduce the queues of the original ten servers. Each server has had its total player capacity increased beyond its initial limit. We've also improved our AFK kick to include the character selection window and will be improving it further to detect measures being used to circumvent the AFK timer. Additionally, we have temporarily disabled new character creation on heavily populated servers.

Can I transfer my existing character to another server?

We have requested the technical ability to perform character transfers from the developer, XLGAMES. We're eager to make them available!

What is the status of the 10% Marketplace discount that was listed as a post-launch Patron bonus?

When we were initially deciding on the benefits for Patron status, one thing we really liked was the idea of a 10% Marketplace discount being a part of the package. We knew that the store functionality around doing so (percent discounts) was a stretch goal for the developer, and we saw this as a feature that would be added "after launch" which is how it’s been described on the patron page. Unfortunately, that brief wording led many to believe we meant "at launch".

As such, we've been working with the developer to find a good answer for you in the interim, and continue working on it. Getting this resolved in the most generous way possible remains extremely important to us and in the spirit of transparency we’d rather confirm for you that we're still on it rather than go silent on the subject.

We are currently working with XLGAMES to come up with a solution to implement the 10% discount or an equivalent. We can't promise exactly how this bonus for Patrons will be implemented yet, but we can say it will be retroactive. This is an important topic to both Trion and XLGAMES and we won't let up till we have a solution.

Why are the offline and online labor point regeneration rates not even?

We have recommended evening out the offline and online labor point regeneration rates in ArcheAge, but the response was that it would create significant differences between our service and that of other partners. The team has continued to voice it as a potential ongoing issue based on gameplay data and player feedback.

With that in mind, we're continuing to do everything else we can as publisher to make sure that all active players can play including adding more servers and improving our methods of detecting idle characters. While we and the developer are also prioritizing how server transfers will work in our region of ArcheAge, we obviously couldn't wait for that before opening new servers, as we've discussed.

This thread will be updated as questions are added, answers are updated, and issues are resolved, so be sure to keep checking back. Be sure to also read our ArcheAge Launch: Known Issues thread.
    [ @Scapes | Dev Tracker | Server Status | Latest News | FAQ | Need Help? ]
    [ "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays." ]

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post

Is leveling my mount while I'm AFK permitted?

No, not when we have server queues. Our Game Masters will be kicking players who are AFK and leveling their mounts to make room for active players.
    Thank you for the update !
    does that imply that afk leveling will be allowed, or not prosecuted, when queues abate ?
    doesn't afk leveling a mount require some form of macro or bot or device wedging a keyboard?

I've been in queue for Kyrios for 4 hours now and I still have 416 people ahead of me!

Are more servers going to be opened?

While we've added new servers since launch, we are closely monitoring their populations and queues (and paying attention to player feedback on the forums) to determine when to add more. The reason we're being conservative about adding more is that ArcheAge's launch week just started two days ago and player activity is exceptionally high as a result. We want to avoid a post-launch situation where opening too many servers leads to individual server populations stabilizing down to levels that leave them partially populated.
    8 hour queues for Kyrios is not enough for you people to take action?

You realize that the reason for a steep drop off in population is going to be by and far your fault, right? 5-9 hour queue times is absolutely absurd. How in the hell do you even think you're going to mitigate the negative press here? I've been a part of mmo launches for almost a decade. And you have no where near the population of those games, yet, you're trying to justify this by saying you don't want to spend the money to merge later when the natural cycle of the mmo takes over? So....instead, you're forcing it to do that much, much sooner? That makes perfect business sense, I guess, if you're going for negative profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Idea View Post
    I've been in queue for Kyrios for 4 hours now and I still have 416 people ahead of me!

8 hour queues for Kyrios is not enough for you people to take action?
    They are, but slowly. See his post here and here
    A E V I S
    ♦ Bang Bang There Goes Your Heart ♦
    | A L P H A | S A L P H I R A |

Need a custom crest design? Visit my design thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Can I transfer my existing character to another server?

We are working to offer server transfers, we're eager to make them available!
    For a price.....I can see it now...

Founders! Are you sick of long ♥♥♥ queues? Do you not have a spot to place your house or farm? Worry no further! For a small fee we will transfer your character to one of our shiny new servers! Forget the fact that it is completely our fault that we underestimated the launch turn out. Give us more money!

Fine Print: No refunds, not responsible for long queues or no land on your new server.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingphoinix View Post
    You realize that the reason for a steep drop off in population is going to be by and far your fault, right? 5-9 hour queue times is absolutely absurd. How in the hell do you even think you're going to mitigate the negative press here? I've been a part of mmo launches for almost a decade. And you have no where near the population of those games, yet, you're trying to justify this by saying you don't want to spend the money to merge later when the natural cycle of the mmo takes over? So....instead, you're forcing it to do that much, much sooner? That makes perfect business sense, I guess, if you're going for negative profit.
    As for mergers, you have to also take into consideration the mechanics of ArcheAge. Patrons who have built entire communities on the servers, housing provinces that are full to bursting. Even if they weren't completely full on a server that has seen a decline in population months if not years down the line. What do you think will happen to the properties of people on both servers if you try to merge them? Instancing is not an option, it's not what this game is built around. It doesn't allow for easy mergers without pissing off many more people.

Either way it is a no win situation so I see them as picking the lesser of two evils. Completely shaft people and uproot all their hard work that they have put into the game, not to mention the economy, or let people wait it out for a bit, even if an hour or two at a time, and wait for populations to normalize and add servers conservatively.

If you stand back, take your own dog out of the fight, and look at it objectively at a macro level, you'll see the logic.

Yes, I do agree and feel the same that I wish they'd add the servers a bit more quickly and be a little less cautious, but I'm glad that they aren't throwing caution to the wind for immediate appeasement with long lasting detrimental ramifications.

Headstart was ruined for many of us. How about refunds?

Make me a GM and I will go in and kick people doing circles.

Server transfers won't work if every single server has a queue!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast