+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP/PK Mechanics on Southern Continents NEEDS to be changed?

Thumbs up PvP/PK Mechanics on Southern Continents NEEDS to be changed?

So we were doing a trade run to South East city (we are Westerners) with some friends again last night, in Russian servers. When we hit the docks, there were some red players (enemies). Some of them started attacking one of our fellow party member, we were unable to attack them back. Because it is their continent (makes sense?) Our friend died and we just watched it. Enemy took his backpack and delivered it, free and easy profit. While we were running near to guards, so they can protect us, 3 more party members died without being able do anything else than running. After killing most of us, they spawned a Galleon. Started attacking to our trade ship with cannons. They were away from the guards, so guards couldn't protect our ship. And we cant still attack them because it is their continent.

There was only one thing left to do: Go in stealth and watch how to lose your trade ship and 50g worth stuff without being able to fight back.

Some weeks ago when Bill Murphy wanted us to shoot questions to him, so he will ask them to Scott Hartsman, i wrote a similar thing on Reddit. Let me quote it here:

Does Trion have rights to change some game mechanics? For example, safe zones. Here is my little story to summarize it:
    • We are 5 Western friends, moving to East continent to deliver our quest. We are on a Catamaran (speed boat).
    • One Eastern guy (enemy) jumps on to our boat.
    • We cant attack him. (He needs to attack you first, because you are on their continent.)
    • He starts to attack one of our friend.
    • We cant attack him. (Only the player who getting attacked is able to attack.)
    • He kills our friend.
    • We cant attack him.
    • He takes our friend's backpack and on his way to deliver it.
    • We cant attack him.
    • He delivers the pack, comes back and starts attacking to our other friend.
    • We cant attack him.
    And it goes on. If this really sounds legit for an PvP game, i got nothing to say. But if it doesn't, then it needs to be changed.
    Are they able to change such systems which Koreans are happy to have but Western players thinks it sucks?
    Think twice when you are going to enemy continent. You cant fight there, there is only one option for you and it is watching your own death.

/edit: Added video please see below:

Official Response: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...l=1#post111080

That's sad story, but you going to go that place only to complete the quest, otherwise you better go to the Cuba island and there you can fight with your enemies for sure.

There should be group aggro/flagging.

If you go to the enemy continent's perma safe zones:
    • you won't be able to attack the opposite faction players
    • but they can freely attack you after which you will have the chance to defend yourself and fight back, but only you and not the whole party.
    • The guards are there to protect you in a way, but they can't deal with 20+ players turning at you.

So in short, they will just take out your party members one by one, and you can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFish View Post
    That's sad story, but you going to go that place only to complete the quest, otherwise you better go to the Cuba island and there you can fight with your enemies for sure.
    There are multiple trading delivery spots on both continents. We didn't want to risk it with going to "Cuba" but well, that is not the point. The point is this ridiculous being unable to attack thingy.

This! This is why I left the game and currently not planning to play.

Most things I hear about that are "bad" I can tolerate.

But this just pretty much punishes you if you want to even explore the other continent.

The easiest solution would be you can't attack anyone on their continent, for example if someone from the east is on the western land they can't attack anyone but if a western person attacks the eastern person, the western person get flagged for PvP allowing them to be killed by people from the eastern continent.

So people who dislike PvP can ignore them and be safe, but ones who want to PvP can, but with a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Majeer View Post
    Most things I hear about that are "bad" I can tolerate.

But this just pretty much punishes you if you want to even explore the other continent.

The easiest solution would be you can't attack anyone on their continent, for example if someone from the east is on the western land they can't attack anyone but if a western person attacks the eastern person, the western person get flagged for PvP allowing them to be killed by people from the eastern continent.

So people who dislike PvP can ignore them and be safe, but ones who want to PvP can, but with a risk.
    This can be a pretty solution. If you attack an enemy on your land, you get debuff which lets enemies attack you for 1 hour(?). If you don't want to do pvp, just don't touch anyone and no one will touch you either.

I hoped to have an FFA system in place and just skip those location issues,to me looks quite dumb.
    Honestly i see no better challenge than just rush toward enemy continent and see how many people you can kill before get zerged off,but with such a mechanic,this won't even be challenging....
    Surely guards hugging and such are already going to break down pvp even more,but still,they got to fix some pvp aspects for european audience.
    "And when you say that ghosts doesn't exists, you don't make them disappear, you're only making them more hungry".

"Systems burning and colliding, form the chaos , dark and light"

Quote Originally Posted by xReorks View Post
    I hoped to have an FFA system in place and just skip those location issues,to me looks quite dumb.
    Honestly i see no better challenge than just rush toward enemy continent and see how many people you can kill before get zerged off,but with such a mechanic,this won't even be challenging....
    Surely guards hugging and such are already going to break down pvp even more,but still,they got to fix some pvp aspects for european audience.
    I know how you feel, going through rifts in Aion was one of the more fun experiences I had in an MMO in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by xReorks View Post
    There are some PvP-able areas on both continents (30lv+ areas i think) you can fight freely in those locations. But they don't have any trade pack delivery NPCs though, you cant go there for trading.

These maps i talked about in first post with such mechanics are easily abuse able...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast