View Poll Results: Was the Alpha period a true Testing Period or a Publicity Stunt?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Testing Period

7 15.56%
  • Publicity Stunt

31 68.89%
  • Other

7 15.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Test vs Publicity

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    I'm a little concerned. I heard that when 1.0 dropped in Korea there was a huge uprising because it pushed the game's focus from sandbox PvP heavily to Themepark PvE. My question is can Trion refuse to use that patch and if not what options are open to them if any to prevent losing community support due to it's implementation.
    Easy.

Pick up maximum money, closed ArcheAge and publish another game ?
    Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/aseobe ( Stream FR ! )

I do think it was for publicity. After all, why giving keys to streamer if it's just to test it.
    I don't think that's a bad thing by itself, but I think they should have done it closer to launch to ride the hype wave as much as they could. I don't know if it will last 2-3 months... But i hope so.

Anyone that thinks the game is in working order for an official release has no clue what they're talking about. It isn't. End of story.

I for one firmly believe that Trion is dedicated to bringing the game to a full release as soon as they possibly can, but, as an Alpha player, I can firmly tell you that it is simply not there yet. There's still a tremendous amount of localization work and bug-fixing to be done. Perhaps keeping the game in Alpha with its current stability and playability is a bit non-traditional, but, if it makes you feel better, how about you just call it Beta and refer to the upcoming Closed Beta Events as more along the lines of Stress Tests. Would you be as troubled if they were selling 24/7 Beta access for $150? If the name of the testing phase is your problem with what they're doing, then call it something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    I'm a little concerned. I heard that when 1.0 dropped in Korea there was a huge uprising because it pushed the game's focus from sandbox PvP heavily to Themepark PvE. My question is can Trion refuse to use that patch and if not what options are open to them if any to prevent losing community support due to it's implementation.
    Why would they refuse to use patch 1.0? There were quite a few controversial changes that would just not be good for us, but there were also a lot of okay and just plain good changes made with the patch that we'd be silly to refuse. If it makes you feel better, Trion is not taking the patch as-is, but rather working with XL GAMES in Korea to tailor the patch to our audience.

Hmm, I happen to have a few links handy to an old Q&A and a fairly recent Reddit post made by Scott Hartsman, Trion's CEO.

Take a look at them, if you want.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ions-Plan.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/com...tch_10/cgwlyed
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryEnder View Post
    ^^This.

Obviously it still has bugs. So testing. Obviously they're advertising/making money (see Twitch and Founder's packs for proof). So publicity.
    "Reading is optional in online games" -jahlon, contestant for best post ever.
    Find a funny bug? Share it! | I am Nomad. | Priestess of Nui keeps trying to pay me Guilda stars to get me to hang out at her place. #CrazyGirlFriend

Quote Originally Posted by FuryEnder View Post
    Definitely. They already said they were using some players for testing and other players for streaming to get the word out. I don't even know why it's still being treated like it's a secret or conspiracy at this point.
    "We cannot solve the problems we have created with the same thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

This is what worries me the most, the russian mbt / open beta has still a huge variety of numerous issues and bug exploits, but Trion is doing naught but advertisement and i highly doubt they have people knowing the other versions very well and allowing them to use every bit of abuse/ bug exploit other versions allows to see if they can just fix them by themselves.

No , they will just wait until people complain about them in mass on forums and make this game a ♥♥♥♥hole of complaints and people leaving because they are harassed / bullied with exploit bugs making hell out of their playing sessions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2