+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge's creative freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Xtt View Post
    Personally, I would love to have this feature implemented. Of course nudity, racial slurs, etc etc will be an issue. It might affect their ERSB rating aswell, which may or may not be a big deal to TRION.
    Pretty sure they'll go with the same rating that korea(don't know about the rest) has which is 19+ in other words M or A.

As someone with extremely limited design skill, no sense of vision and no style, I can hardly say I'd be really enjoying this kind of feature in regards to my own gameplay... but even I can appreciate just how amazing of an opportunity this is for players to enjoy and express themselves, all the while becoming more and more immersed in their gaming experience.

Of course there's the potential - perhaps inevitability - of coming across inappropriate or immersion-breaking content with a feature that gives players this much freedom, but, as others have said, that's far more than a fair enough trade-off for a feature with this much potential. I sincerely hope I get to see many creative, interesting, and just plain awesome uses of that freedom of creativity.

I'll post my waifus all over my house

Quote Originally Posted by Paarth97 View Post
    I'll post my waifus all over my house
    You have to say that, don't you... 'cause she's looking over your shoulder right now, right? LOL!
    _~
    _~)_)_~
    )_))_))_)
    _!__!__!_
    \______t/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It made me think about it.
    It made me.
    Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyu View Post
    I think it's a great tool in the right hands, but sadly..

I don't see how this is "immersion killing", I thought it was simply as though the player himself/herself drew those things. This isn't a medieval world. Of course there should be a reportable limit on what you can place, because I don't think anyone wants to stare at a deliberately placed fat naked arse near a city. But apart from the obvious limits, who are you to say someone can't draw/paint what he finds fit for his/her house. Don't like what you see, the game is large enough for you to swerve past it.

I for one find the freedom to have your own custom-made emblems far more gratifying than having to see animu every now and then.
    Who said any of those stuff?? omg calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu View Post
    Who said any of those stuff?? omg calm down.
    Eh, more than a few people think it may kill immersion, these are not the only forums - I was only expressing my opinion on that. Not really a harsh tone at all, just statements.

Most of that "creative freedom" from players just tells me, in a little voice inside of me that it would have better not happen in archeage... And in the universe / Age of Archeage... it just looks like vomit thrown into the walls everywhere to say the least. If you want to throw your bad taste into a game, there is second life for you.

Well, to me real life political leaders and women in underwear are not really a nice thing to see around the game. It's not a matter of medieval or modern or whatever.

As an rper I love the feature personally. I think it will go leaps and bounds for us and i don't want it removed. Sorry but I'd rather have it than not have it. Especially for guild emblems, boat sails and shields, etc.

Not to mention character commissions serving as portraits in ones home.

I know alot of people hate it but personally I like it. Any roleplayer could see the benefit in this system as it would benefit us the most.

I could give a damn what others do with it. I know what -I- am going to do with it and its going to be friggin awesome.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Maquiame View Post
    Especially for guild emblems, boat sails and shields, etc.
    Custom shield emblems? Yes please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast