+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Textures not loading in

Having the same problems...I go through stuff that hasn't loaded(even things like bridges)...im not sure why collision would be client-side, but it is...plus sometimes i get results like the attached picture =( not pretty to look at. This should be a pretty big deal =s

ScreenShot0046.jpg

Edit: I noticed someone said to go to DX9 but I'm already using DX9 and it didn't help me.

i got stuck in a house in a fully loaded farm cart,building rendered around me while i was driving through it.npc and mobs not rendering and getting bad lag spikes.game is unplayable for me atm

Same issue as the OP, my boy and I have identical graphics cards and drivers, yet I have the texture issue and he does not, login out then back in fixes it temporarily.
    If you go through the Archeage.log logs you can see all the errors, XXX texture can not be found, below is just an example, the log is full of errors and warnings.

12:19:55> [Warning] chr material is not precached : game/objects/characters/monster/nuian_ghost/nuian_ghost.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/monster/nuian_ghost/nuian_ghost.chr)
    <12:19:55> [Warning] chr physical geom is not precached. (game/objects/characters/monster/nuian_ghost/nuian_ghost.chr)
    <12:19:55> [Warning] non cached dbh : animations/people/girl01/girl01.dbh
    <12:19:55> [Warning] non-cached LMG xml. (animations/people/girl01/lmg_files/fist_mo_normal_walk.lmg)
    <12:19:55> [Warning] test ik bone is not right(Bip01 L UpperArm)
    <12:19:55> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/monster/snowlion/snowlion_monster/07 - Default.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/monster/snowlion/snowlion_monster/snowlion_monster.chr)
    <12:19:56> [Error] CryAnimation:: Trying to load animation with alias "fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_3" from file "animations/monster/yata/fist/fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_3.caf" into the animation container. Such animation alias already exists and uses file "animations/monster/yata/fist/fist_ba_relaxed_idle_rand_1.caf". Please use another animation alias.
    <12:19:56> [Warning] locomotion group '_FIST_MO_NORMAL_RUN' is invalid!
    <12:19:59> [Warning] [net 01:19:59.545] [time] remote time estimation restarted; estimate accumulator age was 3322.395996
    <12:19:59> [Warning] WARNING: couldn't find technique 'DebugPass' in the sequence for technique 'General' (ignored)
    <12:19:59> [Warning] WARNING: Couldn't find parameter '__0DetailBumpTillingU__1DetailBumpTillingV__2Deta ilBumpScale__3DetailBlendAmount' for shader 'Illum@Common_ZPassPS(8000)(X1)'

BUMP - this issue is still present all these months later...

I'm having these issues myself with 2xGTX 560 Ti's in SLI. I've tried 3 different versions of nVIDIA drivers including the absolute latest, tried all 3 windowed/fullscreen modes, disabled/enabled multi-thread rendering, disabled/enabled AA, disabled SLI (confirmed the 2nd card wasn't running), even updated the damn firmware on my cards, taking a risk of bricking them (although I've been meaning to for a while, admittedly).

I did try DX9, but the flora textures flickered so much in that mode that I couldn't tolerate the game long enough to even see if the textures and polygonal geometry degraded. For me, on DX11 it generally takes 1-3 hours of gameplay for it to start happening; I'll notice that plants and grass are switching textures depending on my distance to them, then my targeting circle (under my target) becomes really blurry, then land textures and geometry will start loading in unbelievably low LOD (Level of Detail) gradually until the whole game world looks like EQ (pre-Luclin). Honestly, I would be shocked if these textures and polygon counts are indeed intended for the lowest LOD modes in this game; it suggests to me that it's a deeper glitch than a simple memory leak and/or LOD scaling glitch.

I am curious about one thing - has anyone who had this issue managed to resolve it? At all? Using any methods? All I've heard is that one guy who claims that disabling multi-thread rendering solved it, but that doesn't seem to have worked for anyone but him.

Since no technical issues unrelated to the marketplace or Patron payments seem to warrant a response from XLG/Trion, I will state this clearly: I and 2 of my friends whom I do tech support for will not be renewing our subscriptions nor spending a single cent in the marketplace until this is fixed or at least replied to by someone other than a first-level cut-and-paste 'customer service representative'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzmark View Post
    I'm having these issues myself with 2xGTX 560 Ti's in SLI. I've tried 3 different versions of nVIDIA drivers including the absolute latest, tried all 3 windowed/fullscreen modes, disabled/enabled multi-thread rendering, disabled/enabled AA, disabled SLI (confirmed the 2nd card wasn't running), even updated the damn firmware on my cards, taking a risk of bricking them (although I've been meaning to for a while, admittedly).

I did try DX9, but the flora textures flickered so much in that mode that I couldn't tolerate the game long enough to even see if the textures and polygonal geometry degraded. For me, on DX11 it generally takes 1-3 hours of gameplay for it to start happening; I'll notice that plants and grass are switching textures depending on my distance to them, then my targeting circle (under my target) becomes really blurry, then land textures and geometry will start loading in unbelievably low LOD (Level of Detail) gradually until the whole game world looks like EQ (pre-Luclin). Honestly, I would be shocked if these textures and polygon counts are indeed intended for the lowest LOD modes in this game; it suggests to me that it's a deeper glitch than a simple memory leak and/or LOD scaling glitch.

I am curious about one thing - has anyone who had this issue managed to resolve it? At all? Using any methods? All I've heard is that one guy who claims that disabling multi-thread rendering solved it, but that doesn't seem to have worked for anyone but him.

Since no technical issues unrelated to the marketplace or Patron payments seem to warrant a response from XLG/Trion, I will state this clearly: I and 2 of my friends whom I do tech support for will not be renewing our subscriptions nor spending a single cent in the marketplace until this is fixed or at least replied to by someone other than a first-level cut-and-paste 'customer service representative'.
    How interesting as I'm beginning to see some issues relating to graphics on my side too but nothing as visually striking as reports in this threads my logs also match others that were posted in this thread. I usually get outright crashes before things noticeably degrade visually degrade.

Code:
    <17:15:03> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/nuian/female/hair/nu_f_hair015/nu_f_hair015.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist
    <17:15:03> [Warning] failed to stream material xml(game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/cp/obj/nu_f_cp_leather001.mtl)
    <17:15:03> Check Device Lost Failed : (88760868)
    <17:15:03> D3D Device Lost
    <17:15:03> [Warning] missing chr material : game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/cp/obj/nu_f_cp_leather001.mtl (chr: game/objects/characters/nuian/female/parts/cp/obj/nu_f_1cp112.chr)
    <17:15:03> Check Device Lost Failed : (88760868)
    <17:15:03> D3D Device Lost
    <17:15:03> ApplySharedMorphTargets - game/objects/characters/nuian/female/hair/nu_f_hair015/nu_f_hair015.chr - objects/characters/nuian/male/face/face00/nu_m_face00.chr not exist

<17:15:23> Check Device Lost Failed : (88760868)
    <17:15:23> D3D Device Lost
    <17:15:23> [ClientNub] error
    <17:15:23> [NetConnection] connection closed (gracefull:false)
    <17:15:23> Check Device Lost Failed : (88760869)
    <17:15:23> D3D Device Need Reset
    <17:15:23> resetting terrain texture cache
    <17:15:24> resetting terrain texture cache
    <17:15:36> [ClientNub] error
    <17:15:36> [NetConnection] connection closed (gracefull:false)
    <17:15:36> [ClientNub] error
    <17:15:36> [NetConnection] connection closed (gracefull:false)
    I casually googled 'D3D device need reset' and one of the search descriptions states that I'm low on RAM (definitely VRAM) so a reduction in quality settings may help some people. It's worth a shot for troubleshooting.

EDIT: Played on minimum settings, still had a crash. Multiple

Interesting. In my case, it seems as though I could play forever with the degraded graphics; I believe we are experiencing different issues, both caused by similarly abysmally coded APIs and software.

How much physical memory (RAM) do you have, how much HDD space do you have allocated to virtual memory, and what's your GPU model? I could see your issue easily being a common one if, say, you were using integrated graphics with a paltry amount of RAM and tried cranking the textures up. Just curious.

In doing some more casual research (I am a computer/communications technician but feel I shouldn't have to work at a game I paid for, especially if it's more than the publisher did), I discovered something. I have 3 main HDDs/SSDs installed in my system, and always use X: as my games drive. I installed Glyph (and AA) under X:\Glyph\... and the AA game files are indeed there, counting to almost 25GB of space. But under my OS drive (which is a small SSD I never install anything to), I saw a folder named C:\ArcheAge. It has a 0KB manifest (no extension) file, and 2 folders and/or shortcuts named Documents and Working. They appear to be links to the install and (root)\Users\Documents and Settings\Archeage folders respectively, but it's performed in such an odd manner that Windows seems to think they're actually exact copies under the C:\Archeage folder. Peculiar, and I'll investigate further unless someone has a simple answer for me.

Also worth noting since you mentioned VRAM is the fact that I have virtual memory disabled - with 24GB of DDR3, virtual memory on even a Samsung SSD is unnecessary and will only serve to slow things down. I wonder if Archeage is one of only 2 other applications I've ever seen which were coded so poorly they couldn't deal with this. I'll try it later.

It does seem like different issues, end result is the same. I've got a similar background to you Bizzmark and everything I have troubleshooted and verified on my side of the network show nothing abnormal. I wish I had extra hardware to test out different gfx cards as mine is only a Radeon HD6750 with 1GB vram, as it's the only other thing that could possibly be causing an issue on my side. I've already verified it's not my card an hour ago anyways. I'm probably just going to wash my hands of this and have trion fix things and then generously compensate me for huge amounts of exp and labour lost.

I'm just about to quit and go to better pastures if this isn't fixed real soon

How did you verify it was your GPU if you don't have an extra one? Not that an HD6750 isn't enough to run the game, but I'm assuming you ran other DX9 or DX11 games for a few hours like I did. I play other games much more than ArcheAge, and if software like Battlefield 4 still runs on high for 5 hours straight no problem for me, I'm satisfied that we can blame ArcheAge.

One odd thing happened last night. I was in Auroria for 3-4 hours and the LOD never degraded. We were mostly camping one spot, so maybe because different textures weren't loading in and out at a rapid pace it didn't occur. Or maybe only certain textures/assets in certain regions trigger it? That would perhaps explain the inconsistency and intermittence between players.

This is really annoying the heck outta me, my textures randomly stop loading and stuff looks totally horrible, running on at 780TI, the game looks great when loading properly but when this starts happening it is a massive turn off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast