+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets get something straight. THIS IS A REALISTIC PVP SANDBOX GAME.

it's a sandbox first and foremost. for it to be a PVP Game, you would have to PVP in order to advance. you don't infact a player can enjoy AA without every having to do any PVP , or enter a PVP area.

Quote Originally Posted by Xplato View Post
    it's a sandbox first and foremost. for it to be a PVP Game, you would have to PVP in order to advance. you don't infact a player can enjoy AA without every having to do any PVP , or enter a PVP area.
    Yea which is mindblowing since everyone pays so much $$ to play a new version of Farmville with cryengine 3. PvP is what makes this game dynamic other than that you're left with what i said in the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PCRenegade View Post
    You dont? hmmmmm
    Wait, I'll go check it out... *slams door*

10 minutes later.

Nope. Doesn't work for me. Neighbour is still dead and ugly. I hoped for him to respawn as a hot chick.

As much as it is annoying to be ganked by someone with too much time on their hands, I prefer PvP to stay in the open world. It forces players to band together and rewards them for it with security and fun as a group. Then it increases to guild rivalries and further to become wars, which is what this game is about really, east vs west. Sure there will be inter-faction PvP in the form of crime ganks but those have a system of punishment already.

I can't honestly see myself doing trade-pack runs over and over in the safety of knowing that PvP is stuffed in an instance somewhere and doesn't apply to me at all. That just makes it boring. Currently those long-pack runs across continents feel very rewarding to turn in knowing about all the possible danger that could have happened along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by off3nc3 View Post
    Yea which is mindblowing since everyone pays so much $$ to play a new version of Farmville with cryengine 3. PvP is what makes this game dynamic other than that you're left with what i said in the first sentence.
    EVE is dynamic. doesn't make it a PVP only game same can be said for AA. it's a sandbox PVP is optional. along with end game PVE
    I know plenty of players who won't do any PVP at all and are playing AA for the housing, crafting,farming experience. and becuese of this AA isn't a PVP focused game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xplato View Post
    EVE is dynamic. doesn't make it a PVP only game same can be said for AA. it's a sandbox PVP is optional. along with end game PVE
    I know plenty of players who won't do any PVP at all and are playing AA for the housing, crafting,farming experience. and becuese of this AA isn't a PVP focused game.
    Exactly why it will fail over the course of the next few months , game has no backbone , offers zero to nothing outside the crafting and farming bench of farmville. In the words of the ancient philosopher" History repeats itself".

one of the main reasons i bought the game was because it offered open world PVP.

Nothing more exciting than worrying about being killed. Imagine trade runs without the fear...boring.

i hate to mention WOW but some of my best gaming moments were at crossroads or just random battles with the horde, was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavol View Post
    As an old UO player I find this a disgusting perversion to what UO was. This game cannot even be in the same league as UO's pvp and guild meta gaming politics. Not to mention how much EVE destroys this games "sandbox"
    793 posts since March? So why are you still here then? Go play eve or are you here as an official recruiter?

Exactly why it will fail over the course of the next few months , game has no backbone , offers zero to nothing outside the crafting and farming bench of farmville. In the words of the ancient philosopher" History repeats itself".
    those crafters and farming are more important than the PVPers are. they provided the PVPers with items to use. if anything EVE has taught me it's that PVPers can't do everything you need a trader/Manufacture/Whatever else.
    this coming from someone who did nothing but PVP Eve :?

Then why waste time here complaining about it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast