+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge NA Server Maintenance: 9/23/14 at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7)

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge NA Server Maintenance: 9/23/14 at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7)

Adventurers,

The North American ArcheAge servers will be unavailable at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Tuesday, September 23 for scheduled maintenance. This maintenance will deploy server hardware optimizations. The servers should be accessible again within 90 minutes.

In-game announcements will be sent in advance of the servers going offline. Thanks for your patience!

Update: The NA servers are now offline.
    Update 2: The NA servers are now online. We have removed the character creation restrictions for now and will be keeping a close eye on how queues respond as a result.

you know... i always queueing around 2000 to 4000 at worst (Kyrios)
    yesterday around 900 and today around 500

hope this next restart reduce queue much better

It better be to reduce teh sever capacity, the lag right now is unplayable, geezus.
    I sincerely hate Trion - Even more so now that they have changed my signature without permission.

Daily restarts to get rid of AFKs is ludicrous.
    You're breaking the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KroBa View Post
    Seriously. Do a better job at regulating. Why are there no GMs in-game?

If part/all of the reason you are restarting the server is to get rid of AFKers/Character Select screen AFKers, could you at least do it at a time when there's actually a queue? Because doing it when the servers aren't even at the status of "High" defeats the purpose...
    (this was the case this morning)

Quote Originally Posted by KroBa View Post
    the only reason you would be ♥♥♥♥♥ing about a daily restart is if you, yourself, want to afk. the restarts are very much needed until they can figure out a way to deal with the afk dummy beating.

Quote Originally Posted by draciele View Post
    the only reason you would be ♥♥♥♥♥ing about a daily restart is if you, yourself, want to afk. the restarts are very much needed until they can figure out a way to deal with the afk dummy beating.
    im down for server resets every morning honestly lol

I'll just quote my message until you notice it, because I end up waiting for at least 6 hours in queues, 2 days ago I had waited 15 hours (queuing to NA from EU to play with friends).
    Restarting the server is not a solution to purge afk people.
    Update your afk detector, the thing about afk people is that they tend to stay in one position, even if it's by running into a wall with a stuck W key or anything alike.
    A simple system like the following I am going to explain will solve the issue:
    For every location update (every time the location is stored on the servers so it'll be restored later, I assume that it's saved every packet or second, if not, add a timer for every second and either store it temporarily or save it to the database), compare the last saved location to the current location with vector distance, if the distance between the two is less than 15 units or so (will require adjustments, 15 is just an estimation), increase a temporarily stored integer, once it hits a certain value (that will state that something like 5 minutes has passed, lets say that it's running off a 1 second timer, the value will have to reach 300 or more to state that the user is afk for 5 or more minutes), then treat the player like an afk when he should get kicked, that's pretty much it. Remember to reset the integer to 0 if the distance is over 15 units (or whatever you use).
    There's a small change that can be made to my original thoughts about the way to state that someone is afk, by having the integer to function as a unix timestamp to the last time the user has move (distance > 15), and then check if the current unix timestamp - the old one is greater than 300 seconds (or whatever you put it to) the user is away.
    I can make a sample code if you can't understand my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CoMaNdO View Post
    I can make a sample code if you can't understand my idea.

Yeah, explain your idea by writing it out in programming code... because it's typically easier to understand than written english?

(JK, you idea sounds completely feasible.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast