+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge NA Server Maintenance: 9/23/14 at 8:00 AM PDT (GMT-7)

Its not pissing me off, time to do some house cleaning.

I'm not understanding why a simple server restart would take 90 minutes, it should take no more than 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I'm not understanding why a simple server restart would take 90 minutes, it should take no more than 15.
    I concur. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakari Foxx View Post
    It better be to reduce teh sever capacity, the lag right now is unplayable, geezus.
    Love your signature "F*ck Trion, I sincerely hate this company." why dont you just go away then? if you left there would be 1 less in Q and thats a start.

Please remove your heads from you ♥♥♥♥♥ and make LP regen rates the same offline and online for patrons. Taking down the servers every day to get rid of afk players is about the dumbest fix to a problem you created when you backed out of your original statement about keeping regen rates the same. I don't even care if you lower the rate online to correct for it but giving people an incentive to take up server capacity when they are not playing is just stupid. Start using some common sense please.

Quote Originally Posted by CoMaNdO View Post
    I'll just quote my message until you notice it, because I end up waiting for at least 6 hours in queues, 2 days ago I had waited 15 hours (queuing to NA from EU to play with friends).

There's a small change that can be made to my original thoughts about the way to state that someone is afk, by having the integer to function as a unix timestamp to the last time the user has move (distance > 15), and then check if the current unix timestamp - the old one is greater than 300 seconds (or whatever you put it to) the user is away.
    I can make a sample code if you can't understand my idea.
    This wont work dude, i'll give you an example, yesterday one of my guildmates was crafting in his house for over 4 hours, and then talking to us in the chat and helping us with tips on where to farm, etcetera, he was not afk for even 5 minutes ever, but he didnt move 5m either. did he deserve to be kicked? I was buying and selling in the AH for 30 mins, not moving my character, did I deserve the kick?
    Your tip is actually a very good one but re-think it taking into account every function in the game, bulk crafting takes a lot of time, and buying+selling does too, you're not moving during that time.

You people complain way too much. It was understandable when everyone was ♥♥♥♥♥ing that there were 3-4000 people in queues and nothing was being done. But that is over. Trion is slowly but surely working toward fixing it. And with their slow and steady rate of fixing, and the fast and steady rate of people leaving the game, we will soon reach the happy medium.

I just don't get how you can complain about a server restart. Good lord. When you have a server dealing with a large enough amount of information, a daily restart is a good thing. Ask CCP.

If you guys had your way, the server lag would spiral into unplayability and Trion would just sit back and shrug saying "You didn't want us to restart the servers, so we couldn't install hardware, perform code maintenance, or even give the server a simple refresh/reboot. Sorry."

I hate the self-entitled instant-gratification generation of the post-WoW MMO boom. A restart. Lol. Upset over a restart. Oh man I worry for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Please remove your heads from you ♥♥♥♥♥ and make LP regen rates the same offline and online for patrons. Taking down the servers every day to get rid of afk players is about the dumbest fix to a problem you created when you backed out of your original statement about keeping regen rates the same. I don't even care if you lower the rate online to correct for it but giving people an incentive to take up server capacity when they are not playing is just stupid. Start using some common sense please.
    Yes this the most common sense approach!!! cheers for your comment.
    The game Que system is much better thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    Seriously. Do a better job at regulating. Why are there no GMs in-game?
    Because that costs money, Think about how many servers there are and how many GM's they would have to hire. At least 2 for each server that are willing to work 12 hard hours. Some would think its an easy job but think about how many /reports they would have to read every minute. They would fall so far behind any in game petition would take hours to reply to. I am sure people would be happy to volunteer but that brings into play legal issues especially if the volunteers want game time in return for their time helping people. This is a free to play game. Yes there are thousands of people paying patron and paying for ingame items but that only runs the servers, pays electric, internet bills, rent and anything else needed to keep the game running. Would you GM 100% free?

Quote Originally Posted by Recklessrue View Post
    If part/all of the reason you are restarting the server is to get rid of AFKers/Character Select screen AFKers, could you at least do it at a time when there's actually a queue? Because doing it when the servers aren't even at the status of "High" defeats the purpose...
    (this was the case this morning)
    Doing it when there's a queue only hurts those waiting and makes their wait even longer. No, its much smarter to do this when the server is mostly filled with botters and afkers, so then later when real people log in the queue is that much less.
    Pang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast