+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Working as intended or Engine Exploits?

Exclamation Working as intended or Engine Exploits?

So theres three issues I've been running into that I'd like some feedback on because Im unsure if they were intended or just oversights of the current design.

1.) Because I see more and more people doing it; whats the ruling on people running their mounts in circles all night? I keep seeing people doing this claiming the Devs okayed it and theres proof, but when I ask for said proof I get vague responses and no links or anything.

2.) Harpoons are not initiating PVP in open waters. Was this intentional? I've been on a few voyages where my team has hit another ship and starts drawing it in just to have the opposing player despawn his ship and log out.

3.) Healers in PVP raids on same faction not flagged for combat but can heal their fighters. I have nothing against 10 people attacking lonely old me for my trade pack,t hats part of the game, but when 4 of those 10 are healers that cannot be attacked, it feels like I'm being cheated. Shouldnt healing someone with Bloodlust give you Bloodlust too?

Feedback and thoughts requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    1.) Because I see more and more people doing it; whats the ruling on people running their mounts in circles all night? I keep seeing people doing this claiming the Devs okayed it and theres proof, but when I ask for said proof I get vague responses and no links or anything.
    Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
    Here you go.

Thank you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    So theres three issues I've been running into that I'd like some feedback on because Im unsure if they were intended or just oversights of the current design.

2.) Harpoons are not initiating PVP in open waters. Was this intentional? I've been on a few voyages where my team has hit another ship and starts drawing it in just to have the opposing player despawn his ship and log out.

3.) Healers in PVP raids on same faction not flagged for combat but can heal their fighters. I have nothing against 10 people attacking lonely old me for my trade pack,t hats part of the game, but when 4 of those 10 are healers that cannot be attacked, it feels like I'm being cheated. Shouldnt healing someone with Bloodlust give you Bloodlust too?

Feedback and thoughts requested.
    2. Hapoon were made to pull, they don't do damage (at least not in the videos I've seen) so I guess it is intetional, also ships are not players they are just means or tools to give more DPS.

3. Yes, this system seens to be broken, just being unable to flag a healer is unfair, people needed to be flagged automatically out of Safe zones.

Or they may be not working for now since AA still on early testing phase (Alpha)???
    "My house is the world, my bed the earth, my wealth the nature. Not a guild, a way of Life."

But, really letting us put a image would help a lot.

#3 so ♥♥♥♥ing broken!

I agree with point 2. It may not do damage but it is certainly an act of aggression, in almost all cases. As for point 3 I think healing someone that is flagged while they are in combat should flag you. That would fix the problem.

That's amusing that their "employees" would run in circles to get their mount to exp when you actually can get banned on the Kor and Ru version for "blocking" the directionnal key on the keyboard or using any kind of macro / script allowing you to do that, it's in the game rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Maan View Post
    That's amusing that their "employees" would run in circles to get their mount to exp when you actually can get banned on the Kor and Ru version for "blocking" the directionnal key on the keyboard or using any kind of macro / script allowing you to do that, it's in the game rules.
    Foreign publishing policies have nothing whatsoever to do with Trion. They make their own rules, so to speak.

We certainly don't want them making a lot of the decisions that have been made overseas, anyway. Something like this doesn't seem so significant compared to some things we worry about, of course, but it's just another example of decisions made overseas that're questionable at best.
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Westeller View Post
    Foreign publishing policies have nothing whatsoever to do with Trion. They make their own rules, so to speak.

We certainly don't want them making a lot of the decisions that have been made overseas, anyway. Something like this doesn't seem so significant compared to some things we worry about, of course, but it's just another example of decisions made overseas that're questionable at best.
    And being afk exping your mount should still be seen as cheating in my book, why is it any different than a cheat allowing you to exp while being away and not playing the game ? None, it's no different, and it would boggle my mind anyone would defend this and say it's a "game mechanic" as intended to be played, seeing tons of people running in circles all night in every spot of the game, doesn't make a ♥♥♥♥ing ton of sense to me and it shouldn't in any people's mind that has a little bit of common sense.

Further more, why "play" a game, simply to have it play itself? I suppose for a quick trip to end game content, but come on. There seems to be easy-ish ways to deal with key blocking. If a character doesn't change direction every 3 minutes, perhaps? Although macros could be written to get around that too.

Macros can be written to get around anything really...they will behave almost as if a human is behind the wheel. Just have to ignore some situations and hope the bots get reported/noticed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast