+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ability Lag/Intermitent Spikes since latest Patch?

Quote Originally Posted by midgitkilla View Post
    Has anyone tried a re-download to see if that fixes it?
    in my case i had my OS crash on me so i had to reinstall everything.
    since doing that, i've had the latency issues. on a fresh install of EVERYTHING. when i ping the server, sometimes all four hits show 40-60ms, but usually one of them will be absurdly high. 500ms or higher.

so, yeah, a reinstall doesn't help

I'm just going to start making threads all linked to this one til Trion gives us something. I don't care if they ban my forum account, I'll make another, and another. Tell your paying customers something Trion!

Horrible performance...

I'm getting awful ability lag, rubberbanding on my clipper. Watching farm carts spit and stutter all over Marianople last night. Hope this gets sorted soon. I can't image a game so focused on pvp can have this sort of performance. Sucks because this is the first mmo I've been excited to log into in quite awhile. :-/

4.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #144
    Hey everyone!

We want to make sure to get to the bottom of ongoing latency issues, so for anyone who has not already done so, please try these steps outlined below.

First up, if you use a wireless network to connect, try removing the wireless router temporarily to see if plugging directly into your modem improves speed or stability.

If you can't remove your router, make sure to open the ports needed by ArcheAge, and try power-cycling the modem/router to reset the connection.

Once that is done. try adjusting your DNS settings, just to be safe.

Finally, the next time you run into severe latency issues, try closing out of the game and run some network tests. These network tests can help us pinpoint the cause of various types of connection issues.

The results of the network tests can be attached to an open support ticket, pasted into a new support ticket, or added to this thread to help us gather more info.

Thanks!

This is my daily, obligatory post in this thread to let you know this has to be fixed. I've spent a lot of money on this game already and it will all stop if this isn't fixed. That's not a threat, it's just reality. If every encounter there are terrible lag spikes, I can't enjoy the game..thus...i won't log in...thus..I won't spend money.

Please fix.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Hey everyone!

We want to make sure to get to the bottom of ongoing latency issues, so for anyone who has not already done so, please try these steps outlined below.

First up, if you use a wireless network to connect, try removing the wireless router temporarily to see if plugging directly into your modem improves speed or stability.

If you can't remove your router, make sure to open the ports needed by ArcheAge, and try power-cycling the modem/router to reset the connection.

Finally, the next time you run into severe latency issues, try closing out of the game and run some network tests. These network tests can help us pinpoint the cause of various types of connection issues.

The results of the network tests can be attached to an open support ticket, pasted into a new support ticket, or added to this thread to help us gather more info.

Thanks!
    I will definitely try these things, but as I and many have said in this post, the lag happens on your end, and here is the proof:

I am on a boat with 5 friends. 4 of us, at the same time on teamspeak will say, "yep, there it is again". The spikes happen every 60 seconds or so and when they happen to the people affected, it's usually at the same time.

Having said that, I will try your fix, but hopefully you all are also testing things on your end, because I can almost assure you, that's where you will find it.

Yesterday i was playing just fine.. then i went to arena 5vs5(same in open war in hellswamp)... non playable.. terrible lag.I went to BC lost connection twice...

Later gathering plants in my little farm...laggy and losing conection too..

This issue is new i had no lag problems at all... my ping to NA servers is like 150ms normally but lately im getting same ping to EU and NA servers.

Playing in Tahyang.
    Deadlybeauty - Trickster - Tahyang West
    Arcadian Guard

I'm also getting this issue as well as a few of my friends. Interestingly it doesn't seem to happen to everyone but 3/5s of my howling abyss complained of the same lag spikes at the same time. It's been happening ever since the patch from a week or so ago. The rubber banding on boats is insane sometimes and the 3-10 second lag spikes every few minutes are really unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thanks!

I've been a network administrator/engineer for the last 15 years as a contractor and corporate (military defense contract). Whether that matters to you is irrelevant, but what you CAN assume, is that I've covered my bases. This didn't start until the most recent patch. Your response is merely going to pis off the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Perls View Post
    I've been a network administrator/engineer for the last 15 years as a contractor and corporate (military defense contract). Whether that matters to you is irrelevant, but what you CAN assume, is that I've covered my bases. This didn't start until the most recent patch. Your response is merely going to pis off the masses.
    Eh, I'm still going to try the fixes again before I start QQing more. I fell as if there is something behind all this lag stuff, I had a guildmate roll back his graphics driver from nvidia and apparently that helped so I might try that as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast