+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: These bots/hacks/spammers Are Becoming To Much. [Devs Please Read]

These bots/hacks/spammers Are Becoming To Much. [Devs Please Read]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FYrLz2pFQ

These hackers that can TP to auroria and plant thousands of trees.
    These hackers who can TP under the map when in danger.
    These bots who can tp from target to target farming coin purses 24/7 obtaining close to 600g a day not counting archeum
    Spammers who demolish the faction chat rendering it useless, my block list is over 80 people now.

This.. this will be the demise of this game, I was holding out from doing this but I was running 20+ Trade packs and a group of 4 hackers come by and freeze our boat and destroyed us all by attacking us under the water. This has got to stop, i don't want this game to turn into the "Hack or be hacked" experience. Trion, this was your redemption game you are blowing it North america and EU love this game and it's OBVIOUS! Clearly though you do not care enough to at least have a singular GM run around and spot bots. This is not a difficult thing to do, lord knows you do not have the lack of funds to do so. Please trion i really want this game to become as popular if not even more then the version in korea. Please don't fail your community, if you show us some respect we'll show it in return.

Couldn't agree more, if they don't get a hold of the situation it's game over. I refuse to pay for the game because of TWO reasons. 1 - Gold spammers 2 - Lack of land. Take out the gold spamming bots and I bet a good amount of land will open up!

Agreed.

But until XLGames thinks that the teleport hack is a problem it won't be fixed...

Is it so hard for them to game online GMs ?? I mean really.... some of players would gladly accept the role of some ingame "dudes in charge" and pwn these mother♥♥♥♥ers with pleasure.
    HUGE amount of players would gladly enjoy this game but it's pretty much impossible. It's to risky to go on trade run via bot not cuz of pirates, but cuz of stuff like this. Faction/nation chat is disabled for me more since the first open beta day... whenever I enable it = same ♥♥♥♥ (spam spam spam spam spam)

I'm spending less and less time in this game...
    Too bad.
    "I am merely celebrating the excitement of launch by exercising my steed in a circular pattern for an extended period of time, - Scott of TW about the mount leveling AFKers. Gotta love a company whose CEO has great sense of humor!

5.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #5
    We absolutely agree that these things need addressing. We're working with XLGAMES to improve bot detection, and they're also implementing our learning spam filter. Until then, we're relying on a more reactive method, which does mean they do need to spam before we can catch them. To quote our CEO:

Bots are one thing, Spam is another. And I completely agree with you.

We have a great, proven, MMO-specific learning spam filter in house that we recommend strongly for all of our games. Originally developed for RIFT, it can be relatively easily integrated into anything. We wanted it in AA also, along with level controls and some other things - but for a bunch of reasons I won't get into (which aren't important now anyway), that wasn't put into place.
    Suffice it to say, all parties now have made getting our proven solution integrated in to AA a big priority, and our filter is being implemented right now. Until then, the one we have in place as an interim solution operates entirely outside of the game, and can only spot and kick/ban people once they've been spamming. That's the down side. The up side is that what we have now is temporary, and as long as it's caught up, things tend to not last more than a few minutes.

As for not being able to report currently, the spammers are doing some clever things to fake out the chat window to present part of their chat as the name itself. That ability to fake out the window is being looked at by the dev as well. But our solution, once implemented, will work fine even with that going on. For the current state, there are client tricks people have shared that you can use to change display scale and window size to find their actual name to report it.

Hope that makes sense.
    That's just spam-- we're also interested in killing bots & the illicit programs they use, too. Like the spam, we've got work on our end that lets us remove these fraudulent players. we've recently made our reports more sensitive, which we are eagerly watching. Taken from this quote, also from our CEO:

Game upped as of this AM NA time. Our bot killer & follow-on actions were being a little too conservatively handled. It won't be "Whoosh, all instantly gone," but I'm definitely interested in seeing what happens over the coming days/week. This kind of thing pisses us off too. A lot.
    Morgana, Community Coordinator

The Dev Tracker

Guess we'll see what the morning brings then.

Maybe some of us will finally see a return on the labor we spent on reporting them.

Such hackers cause tremendous damage to a game which is based on player driven economics/pvp/trade.

Deleting all bots week ago was late, and every next day makes the servers worse for next couple of months, or even permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolf View Post
    Such hackers cause tremendous damage to a game which is based on player driven economics/pvp/trade.

Deleting all bots week ago was late, and every next day makes the servers worse for next couple of months, or even permanently.
    And leaving the teleport hack in does doubly damage.
    If I can plant a 100 x 100 yew farm under the world where nobody can get it guess what happens every four hours?
    (yes there are better trees, just using yew for the example)

Quote Originally Posted by Jormie View Post
    Guess we'll see what the morning brings then.

Maybe some of us will finally see a return on the labor we spent on reporting them.
    All 10 of mine iv reported was given back. I do believe 5+ has to report the same person before it flags them

Quote Originally Posted by Nolf View Post

XL games need to encrypt the server packets to cut back on most the issues

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast