Closed Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge Community Q&A and Alpha Invite Giveaway

ArcheAge Community Q&A and Alpha Invite Giveaway

Greetings ArcheAge fans!

While we're reworking our livestream format, ArcheAge won't be featured on the Trion Worlds Twitch.tv channel this week. However, don't get to thinking we're ignoring you today! In lieu of a livestream, we've created this Q&A thread for you to ask your utmost burning ArcheAge question. Plus, participating will earn you a chance at an invitation to the ArcheAge alpha test! We'll be randomly giving away alpha invites to three lucky inquiring minds.

A few guidelines before we get started:
    • Please only include one question in your post as we want to let lots of voices chime in on what they're curious about.
    • Though some topics may have answers that are a little ways out yet, we'll respond to as many as we can.
    • Given the vast number of ArcheAge fans, it's likely we will not be able to answer everyone's question (at least not immediately).
    • Note that posting multiple times in the thread will not increase your chances so please don't do it.
    • The alpha invites will actually be granted when we get to that stage of testing.
    • This thread will be locked to new posts today at 3:00 PM Pacific. The winners and a repost of questions and answers will be published afterwards.
    • This won't be our only giveaway event or formal Q&A thread, we're just getting started!

With those caveats in mind, please tell us what you want to learn about ArcheAge and good luck!

EDIT: We're seeing a lot of repeats! Don't feel badly if your question doesn't get answered, we may have already answered it. We'll compile the questions and answers afterwards.

UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who joined us today! We'll collect the questions and answers, combining duplicates, and add it to a collective FAQ article. We'll continue to see which questions we missed but if we don't get to yours, don't fret: just means it was already asked or is a topic we aren't quite ready to address yet (but will).

RESULTS: Again, a big thank you to the ArcheAge community for a fantastic turnout! At more than 500 posts in two hours, it's stunning to already see transcriptions popping up. By way of random number generation, we'd like to publicly congratulate Zenaku, Oskar, and LogicGamingCorp on being our lucky alpha invitees! This is just the start of the alpha invite giveaways we have planned; be sure to keep a close eye on our website, forums, Twitter, and Facebook for the latest ArcheAge developments.

If you've just joined the forums, be sure to introduce yourself to the community! See you online!
    [ ReadMe.txt: Launch FAQ | Dev Tracker | Server Status | Latest News ]
    [ "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays." | @Scapes ]

How much control do you guys have over the cash shop?

Well, this is really only a small question, but.... As I've mentioned before, one of the friends I've been ranting to lately about ArcheAge was really interested in the game's composing system. There was a video shared about it awhile back that showed a bit of the skill and talked about the notes, but my friend noticed the sheet in the video was limited to 200 characters, and was very concerned about that. Is 200 characters the limit, or can it go higher?
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

Question: I saw in a video a while back that XLGames was working on costumes specific for the western audience. Is that still true and if so will there be a lot of NA/EU unique costumes on the cash shop or just a few?

Thanks!

Will your version have the ability to upload images as custom content like the Koren creation tool set for housing.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennAd View Post
    How much control do you guys have over the cash shop?
    Lots, actually. We decide what's in it and at what price, simple as that.

Will changes from player suggestions be applied to the western version after discussions between XLGames and Trion in the future?

Any info on blocking Russian IPs?

Will there be any special items unique to the NA/EU release? Like how the RU version has a special Russian Siege tank inspired by the tsar tank and tsar cannon. Perhaps a special NA glider based off iconic U.S planes or perhaps a special Galleon based off the British Royal Navy (such as the HMS Defiance)

Quote Originally Posted by aphelion View Post
    Question: I saw in a video a while back that XLGames was working on costumes specific for the western audience. Is that still true and if so will there be a lot of NA/EU unique costumes on the cash shop or just a few?

Thanks!
    We've been talking with XLGames about cosmetics as part of the game's westernization. That said, whether they'll be unique to our regions remains to be seen. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Goriom View Post
    Will there be any special items unique to the NA/EU release?
    We'll have more on any specifically unique Trion Worlds additions closer to launch.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast