View Poll Results: Should turning off PvP flag have a cooldown?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    75 88.24%
  • No

    10 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Flipping PvP flag is to fast, too many cowards use it.

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtprowler View Post
    Well outline the scenario - because I am assuming you are walking in solo with a pack attempting a turnin and someone flags purp and murders you, then takes refuge at the guards.
    Its in the OP, and I am clearly not the only one experiencing it.

    Group. Does not matter, because the party system is also broken. AGAIN.

    There are tons of people just flipping PvP flag in ports, killing someone ( Normally same faction ), taking the pack and then near instantly flipping back to Non-flaged and perfectly safe near the Neutral guards.

    How anyone can claim this is a sporting, fair, or even reasonable mechanic is beyond me. Its pure exploiting of really bad systems and getting away scot-free with no risk.

    They have home turf advantage ( Many waiting under water, that's clever ).
    They have no Skin in the game as opposed to trading players.
    They Get initiative in the fight. ( A big ♥♥♥♥ing deal )
    They have NO RISK of reprisals, zero, none. Due to guards, and those who would reprise getting criminal points.
    They are protected by the neutral guards, and because of the short flag time (That no other game with a dam uses ) can act like nothing happened.

    Its really not that hard to comprehend, this system empowers risk-less cowards, and gives no recourse for reprisals like most other forms of PvP would.

    There needs to be a timer on flipping back to green ( like every other game ), and now im realizing packs should be flagged as stolen as well with a timer blocking turn in perhaps, so the "criminals" have to take SOME risk.

    I Do not even consider thees people criminals, they are wannabe, but wont take the risk associated with it.

  2. #52
    I agree with the op. I also think that if you should have to flip the pvp switch before you board a ship you mean to attack, rather than once you've boarded Allowing people to switch on the ship uses a boarded party's desire not to gain infamy against them as the boarders can attack at their leisure and unflag just as quickly. You shouldn't be punished for not wanting to attack first on your own ship.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldynan View Post
    I agree with the op. I also think that if you should have to flip the pvp switch before you board a ship you mean to attack, rather than once you've boarded Allowing people to switch on the ship uses a boarded party's desire not to gain infamy against them as the boarders can attack at their leisure and unflag just as quickly. You shouldn't be punished for not wanting to attack first on your own ship.
    The timer is just stupidly short. Too many no risk PvP situations in this game.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
    Its in the OP, and I am clearly not the only one experiencing it.

    Group. Does not matter, because the party system is also broken. AGAIN.

    There are tons of people just flipping PvP flag in ports, killing someone ( Normally same faction ), taking the pack and then near instantly flipping back to Non-flaged and perfectly safe near the Neutral guards.

    They have home turf advantage ( Many waiting under water, that's clever ).
    They have no Skin in the game as opposed to trading players.
    They Get initiative in the fight. ( A big ♥♥♥♥ing deal )
    They have NO RISK of reprisals, zero, none. Due to guards, and those who would reprise getting criminal points.
    They are protected by the neutral guards, and because of the short flag time (That no other game with a dam uses ) can act like nothing happened.

    Its really not that hard to comprehend, this system empowers risk-less cowards, and gives no recourse for reprisals like most other forms of PvP would.
    What you are looking for is "fair" PvP by your definition and open world PvP is broken into a couple categories for me.
    1. Instanced PvP (Arenas) This a fair PvP environment (aka 1 v 1 or X vs X)
    2. War based PvP in zones that go to war. This is a pointless Zerg as far as I am concerned... I want nothing to do with it.
    3. World PK vs. Reds. This is unfair greif based attacks on Reds to steal goods, destroy ships or ruin questing.
    4. World PK vs. Green This is unfair grief based attacks on Greens to steal goods, destroy ships and ruin questing.

    3 is acceptable
    4 is not... ? go figure.

    3 & 4 almost ALWAYS happen when the sides are lopsided and the advantage swings heavily in one direction.

    Even in a 1 v 1 situation, they look at your class? can they beat you? hmm I have a Hasla weap and they don't? Dead meat... commence PKing!!!

    Looks like you have an issue with #4 but not 3#? or does this apply to the piles of reds this happens to nightly.

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    207
    If you attack your own faction, there should be risk.

    Did you know in the KR and RU version there is a bounty system in place that if 10 people report the same crime, the perpetrator is instantly open to attack? That's missing from our version. So now we have risk free same faction port camping.

    Nothing is 100% fair. But this, as it is now, favors only the attackers, and its zero risk for them. Good system?

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    272
    Why does red / purp even matter? Either one of them can run to the guards for protection.

    What would be VERY cool - is if they did use the bounty system and the guards also followed the rule of the bounty debuff on the player.

    Then they couldn't even get into TOWNS lol

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    207
    This isn't a conversation about all PvP. Its about this scenario where its broken.

  8. #58
    I think there are two changes needed to resolve this issue:

    1) Increase the PVP flag time -- stay purple for AT LEAST 5 minutes to allow for retaliation.
    2) Make guards attack anyone WHILE purple. Also, give guards the ability to see through stealth to prevent people from merely drop back + stealth to escape.

    Anyone in the group of a PVP flagged person, or anyone healing that person, also needs to be flagged.

    Someone stealing a pack should not be able to so easily turn in the pack they stole. The crafter needs a chance at retaliation. Maybe add a debuff to someone who picks up a pack while purple which prevents them from turning in the pack for a period of time? e.g., "Stolen Goods" debuff? lol.

    It would also be nice if the person who made the pack could attack the person who stole the pack without going purple, but it would be hard to detect that scenario in game.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by on1 View Post
    I think there are two changes needed to resolve this issue:

    1) Increase the PVP flag time -- stay purple for AT LEAST 5 minutes to allow for retaliation.
    2) Make guards attack anyone WHILE purple. Also, give guards the ability to see through stealth to prevent people from merely drop back + stealth to escape.

    Anyone in the group of a PVP flagged person, or anyone healing that person, also needs to be flagged.

    Someone stealing a pack should not be able to so easily turn in the pack they stole. The crafter needs a chance at retaliation. Maybe add a debuff to someone who picks up a pack while purple which prevents them from turning in the pack for a period of time? e.g., "Stolen Goods" debuff? lol.
    Good suggestions.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    114
    Voted for a cooldown, but I'm not rooting for them solving this matter. The topic has been around since start, I believe.

    It should be voiced out, but with no reactions, it's essentially:

    Adventurer - Murderous raider with delusions of grandeur

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts