Closed Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

People simply don't understand what a RP server stands for. This thread proves it.
    RP is not pve.

It simply allows people to play a game without all the idiotic names like " greenbananarainbow223" Who keep yellign " kill u wek noob lolz weak" every time they PK you.

I agree with Roda, RP servers always have more mature players. They have their share of trolls but at least the conversations tend to be controversial rather than extremely vulgar.

RP server identification is much better as identifying that server as a "mature" one. RP players tend to either meet new RP players on their travels, or join an RP guild (usually advertised in the forums). In RIFT they even have a cross server channel for RP.
    The Heart wants what it wants- or else it does not care.

I don't mind there being a RP server, but maybe a RP Chat channel would be better -- this would also keep the RP players together in a way. I think if you label a server RP, you might cause problems with pvpers who just want to cut down a whole lot of RPers having a picnic in the forest or something (I'm not a RPer, but i have seen this happen)

Oh i very much opposed to PVE servers, for kinda the same reasons above, PVEers don't cry, but they are usually weaker then usual and not really to PVP battle, so if there is a server with only PVE (if PVP isn't shutoff - i am aware some games do shut this off on a pve server) ...

But finally a great Tip for ALL! :: Everyone should be battle ready for ANYTHING! Always take a friend to keep your back, and don't forget your towel. IMO =Pp
    Not here, Mind on Holidays

Yea a special RP server is always good, i like to do some RP sometimes and it is nice when games have that kind of server ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kit7ycat View Post
    I don't mind there being a RP server, but maybe a RP Chat channel would be better -- this would also keep the RP players together in a way. I think if you label a server RP, you might cause problems with pvpers who just want to cut down a whole lot of RPers having a picnic in the forest or something .
    First of all, how does having an RP chat channel help RPers gather together on a single server and notify those that aren't RPers that they are willingly choosing to play on a server filled with RPers? I think you may have missed the whole reason RPers want a server with an RP label.

Secondly, you have this notion that RPers don't PvP. You are sorely mistaken. In almost all MMORPG's I've played and RP'd in I've kept up with all the latest PvP gear and PvP content. Let the server handle it's own problems. There is already a large number of people that are planning on being PK killers. For those that are uninformed that means you hunt players that kill other players for griefing purposes. There are in fact guilds that will hunt griefers. RPers aren't some sort of sad animal in distress that needs help. Just because we enjoy role playing doesn't make us any worse at the core game play mechanics of the game. In fact, many of us are more devoted than the average player.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    First of all, how does having an RP chat channel help RPers gather together on a single server and notify those that aren't RPers that they are willingly choosing to play on a server filled with RPers? I think you may have missed the whole reason RPers want a server with an RP label.

Secondly, you have this notion that RPers don't PvP. You are sorely mistaken. In almost all MMORPG's I've played and RP'd in I've kept up with all the latest PvP gear and PvP content. Let the server handle it's own problems. There is already a large number of people that are planning on being PK killers. For those that are uninformed that means you hunt players that kill other players for griefing purposes. There are in fact guilds that will hunt griefers. RPers aren't some sort of sad animal in distress that needs help. Just because we enjoy role playing doesn't make us any worse at the core game play mechanics of the game. In fact, many of us are more devoted than the average player.

I love you. XD In a completely platonic way.

I can't remember if I've already commented in this thread, but I agree, having a 'rp' label after the name of a server or two-or something of the sort-would be really nice. Especially when encountering a town somewhere during my travels and discovering a few people there and hearing their stories; what they've been through and whatnot, how they came to live in the town, etc. Just, more fun. Although I've never encountered roleplaying pvpers, so that'd be interesting t' see. o.O
    firelight is but a myth of wayward ghosts
    and sparks the leftovers of old souls

~May you be blessed by the Great Banana Tree god, he who watches over all trees~

I don't mind there being a RP server, but maybe a RP Chat channel would be better -- this would also keep the RP players together in a way. I think if you label a server RP, you might cause problems with pvpers who just want to cut down a whole lot of RPers having a picnic in the forest or something (I'm not a RPer, but i have seen this happen)

Oh i very much opposed to PVE servers, for kinda the same reasons above, PVEers don't cry, but they are usually weaker then usual and not really to PVP battle, so if there is a server with only PVE (if PVP isn't shutoff - i am aware some games do shut this off on a pve server) ...

But finally a great Tip for ALL! :: Everyone should be battle ready for ANYTHING! Always take a friend to keep your back, and don't forget your towel. IMO =Pp
    Make sure you name list up on the rp server if you come along to join us thinking there will be easy opportunities there for pvp, we'll give you a real nice welcoming party. Promise

I'll bring the fried chicken and potato salad along with the swords for the picnic
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post

Very well said.

Using chat channels is something I avoid as a RPer because they break immersion. ArcheAge is a game that alleviates much of the need to use outside sources to create RP. The game itself encourages it in many forms. It will be amazing to be out playing and come across RPers to interact with, whether friend or foe. On a non-RP server, I wouldn't dare approach another character I see in-character for dread of running across an anti-RPer, and I would be forced to use out-of-game means to network with other RPers.

A large part of why I'm attracted to ArcheAge is because PvP adds to the immersion of RPing and I don't consider it separate. Games that don't allow some form of dueling / PvP make it frustrating and redundant to have a bad-♥♥♥ character who can hold their own, only to be negated to emote combat with dice rolled outcomes against a character that was never leveled or geared. PvP in a game like this is a huge asset to a purist RPer.

Depressed robots are helpful too.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaNahueli View Post
    I love you. XD In a completely platonic way.

I can't remember if I've already commented in this thread, but I agree, having a 'rp' label after the name of a server or two-or something of the sort-would be really nice. Especially when encountering a town somewhere during my travels and discovering a few people there and hearing their stories; what they've been through and whatnot, how they came to live in the town, etc. Just, more fun. Although I've never encountered roleplaying pvpers, so that'd be interesting t' see. o.O
    Yes. Let's have an RP server label. Keep the RP community together. ^^ We're often too splintered as is.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast