Closed Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post
    I personally don not like this idea. I think what makes sandboxes great are the interactions between pvers pvpers pkers n rpers..plus I think doing this will open a can of worms, next people will want a server called pvp n one for pve.. it will seperate everyone n I enjoy meeting these people..

scapes id like to thank you for listening to people's ideas though.. youre doing an awesome job.

Keep AA sandbox
    lol what is not to like? Its a completely separate server than you need to have anything to do with????

Not to mention .. it is the NAME of the server .. not any difference in the server itself what so ever LOL

It is nothing more than a simple naming convention to ASSIST gamers in finding people who have similar interests. If you want to PK RPers and thats what floats your boat .. you should be HAPPY they are naming the server as such .. if not .. roll the dice and pick another server with EXACTLY the same ruleset ...

/rantoff

Quote Originally Posted by Erf View Post
    Why do you care if a server has an RP tag or not? Nothing prevents you from roleplaying in a normal server.
    Aside from condescending people like you making it less bearable. Nice use of dismissive quotation marks around the term "community". Like it or not, RPers represent a significant sub-community in the MMO-playing demographic. In fact, it used to be the norm back in the infancy of the genre, before the modern themepark.

Seriously. If someone tries to RP on a non-tagged server, they tend to get harassed. That's the problem - with a server officially tagged as "RP", the community can congregate more easily. And anyone who goes on there complaining about or harassing RPers won't have a leg to stand on -- it was right there in the server name! That's the whole point of a designated server - because the average idiot on an MMO seems to think that roleplayers are worthy of ridicule, or aren't playing the game "right".

You also seem to be seriously confusing two different types of players, based on your other comments. Roleplayers have no innate preference for PvE or PvP. The people moaning about PvE-only servers are have nothing to do with this -- hell, plenty of RPers like PvP a great deal, and aren't asking for ANY gameplay changes.

It's about simply tagging a server for RP in the name (and no actual modification of the ruleset), just to give RPers a designated place to go. That way they don't have to put up with you, and you don't have to put up with them. Everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavol View Post
    You misunderstand though there are no toher server rulesets so there is no pve server and no pvp server. But RP can be on any one of these.
    He's extrapolating and is forecasting the mess labeling servers will create. He's right, whats to stop PvP psychopaths like me from requesting our own server (even though we would never do so as it's counter productive), or the PvEers, or the other groups listed. If you do it for one group the others are gonna similarly demand the same, fair treatment. It's a Pandora's Box that doesn't need to be opened.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Why wouldn't Trion want to tap in thr RP market. RP'er spend more money on MMO's then anyone, they buy a ♥♥♥♥ ton of money on vanity items and are some of the last people to leave a game when it is dying. RP'ers are a massive market waiting to be tapped. So Trion adds RP server = Strong RP community = More money from cash shop selling vanity items and attracts more RP'ers and in-turn gives them a good title for RP'ers.

As a side note, I would 100% join an RP server in a heartbeat, but very, very few companies ever actually monitor said servers to show that theres care going into maintaining a place for Roleplayers to have a good time. Using my time in Warcraft as an example; roleplay servers seem to just encourage people who hate those of us who can put a sentence together without using numbers as letters onto the top of their hate list and jump onto roleplay servers looking for "Easy kills" or to absolutely do nothing but antagonize people just trying to have a good time and enrich the lives of others like them. Maybe if there were GMs who actively understood good sportsmanship and traditional values in roleplay to oversee such a project would make it manageable, with the ability to band griefplayers back tot he normal servers.... But I have my doubts Trion would want to do this.

I agree that there should be RP marked servers. I am always looking for those!

Is there currently a server where RP'ers may hide? I don't know generally how many servers may be running on Alpha, but just curious really..

... still gathering the last for my Founder's pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MTSMTS View Post
    Why wouldn't Trion want to tap in thr RP market. RP'er spend more money on MMO's then anyone, they buy a ♥♥♥♥ ton of money on vanity items and are some of the last people to leave a game when it is dying. RP'ers are a massive market waiting to be tapped. So Trion adds RP server = Strong RP community = More money from cash shop selling vanity items and attracts more RP'ers and in-turn gives them a good title for RP'ers.
    It's not so much they don't want RPers. It's that they realize if they designate a server for RPers then gankers are gonna want their own server, hardcore PvPers like me are gonna want another server, etc etc and the situation continues out of control. Otherwise what will happen is ok they cave they create a RP server. PvPers ask for their own server after all fair is fair, Trion says no, and all the PvPers walk away from Archeage. It's a slippery slope that Trion probably doesn't want to climb up.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    It's not so much they don't want RPers. It's that they realize if they designate a server for RPers then gankers are gonna want their own server, hardcore PvPers like me are gonna want another server, etc etc and the situation continues out of control. Otherwise what will happen is ok they cave they create a RP server. PvPers ask for their own server after all fair is fair, Trion says no, and all the PvPers walk away from Archeage. It's a slippery slope that Trion probably doesn't want to climb up.
    But, that is normal among many MMO's - A server for RP, a server for PvP, a server as normal (PvE)

But I guess the playerbase still isn't strong enough for that?

Hello Scapes,
    first of all, let me thank you for being so in touch with your playerbase, it shows how much you care for your product !
    I am a long time RPER and i have been waiting for Ultima Online's successor for a long, long , looong time. It looks like the wait is finally over
    Please let roleplayers have their own server with a RP ruleset for names and such. If there's a game that appeals to Roleplayers it's Archeage. I can see it becoming a beacon for all those who cannot stand the themepark madness and communities made of locusts who devour content faster than any dev can create.
    Please Mr. Scapes sir You'd make this girl very very happy

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast