Closed Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Quote Originally Posted by RemnantsPast View Post
    Struggled to find a centralized website for the RP community let alone that 1 server all Roleplayers are on.
    There is a few choices right now, with like, 3 AA RP websites. ArcheAge Roleplay is a good and simple site, and of course all of the RP community is welcome there. And for the server, one can only hope a tag is atleast offered for beta or atleast live. They don't change the server, they just give a tag for letting the community know where we may hide as roleplayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxarious View Post
    But if they don't make a ruleset and just give the tag then Role-Players will be able to have a tagged server that has the same mechanics and gameplay as all the other servers. But it will allow us to all locate to a server easier.

True, it will make things easier. Keep in mind a simple thread on the forums can do the same. Many games have seen unofficial roleplaying servers. RP-ers tend to do research before they join a game/server, most anti-rp don't. We do not need to have a RP-tag added to our server name in order to be able to rp.

Be smart. I would "fight" Trion at this point for other rp enhancing stuff. Remember everything that needs to be added to the game code they have to ask XLgames to add for them. Naming the servers is easy and they can do that 2 minutes before launch themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RemnantsPast View Post
    Struggled to find a centralized website for the RP community let alone that 1 server all Roleplayers are on.
    Sadly i agree on this. Never really understood why folk cant all help out with one focused website. The http://rparcheage.enjin.com site was created a few months back since other rp related sites werent active and has been steadily growing with lots of good info coming from folk, and the ones currently in the alpha. And now there's two other websites for the exact same thing. Just splits and already small community further apart.

But whats done is done, some folk dont like enjin, some prefer it. Long as the three sites can communicate with each other, so that we are all as one.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

I dont think its a good idea to seperate the gaming community into :categories". If you roll play, you should be able to interact with anyone on the server logged in appropriately for the content your willing to show. Splitting up the community only detracts from the game. Your choice to ignore a member, allow them into your world, make a guild of similar minds and so on. Why split everyone up. If you truely are a roll player, you can interact with anyone in the world anytime frame, any situation life deals a character and any look or style.
    " Alcohol—a liquid good for preserving almost anything except secrets. "

I am of two minds on this issue.
    Having a specific RP server for role-players is on the surface a good idea and not without merits. Because you are going to have a segment of the population that will get infantile joy out of harassing the RP community. Especially with this being a pvp centric game. And on a RP server the RP players can generally assume that anyone they interact with will be role playing their character.

The only reason I could see it as detriment is since this is a pvp centric game the individual server populations are probably going to be at "niche game" levels. So Voluntarily splitting the population up even more could cause server ghost town syndrome. This is a bad thing.

So I guess the best of both worlds would be to create a RP server with the knowledge that if a certain server population level isn't maintained that it would be merged. But this is just my opinion.

Jorm

Personally I think a RP SErver would be marvelous.

RP Servers would in no way 'ruin the game', if anything it'd give some of the PVP 'reasons' for disagreeing with each other and being able to fight. Guilds coudl exist and go to War. Alliences would rise and fall... it'd be qiute Dynamic.

I think there will be 'unofficial' RP servers with like minded individuals no matter what. And there will allways be reasons or need to be out of Character in an RP SErver... So I don't think it'll be a detriment or split hte base. It will simply be as it is always been another 'world', this one just has a little take of 'Hey if you wanted to RP with te NA /EU (?) crowd go here.

And yes it will probably have its share of 'new people' to RP, or people who are 'new' and being trolls, but that happens on just about every server.

So a little' Tag' will make no difference. But it will point people in the right direction.

It would be nice if the RP community could make there own RP town/kingdom someplace in a shared server, then they could literally become like there own faction. lol The world would certainly be more diverse with the RP community.

Perhaps making a sticky thread (ask whatever mod/dev to do it for you) to direct RPer to the RP community. As some have already stated, RPers do their research, so they should be able to find a sticky thread created just for them. Also someone else mentioned that some RP communities don't have in game servers, but have threads. So a RPer should get the message to check the forum for the RP community if there is no server tagged RP.

Also, market, market, market. Let people know there is a RP community here. Use youtube, FB, twitter, and whatever else you can to direct other RP people to this game and that thread. There are other ways to keeping the community together then simply removing yourself from the rest of the players. In fact doing it this way will help you meet even more RPers who might not have even considered playing AA. It could be a whole new fun experience for the community.
    .O8oO8Oo.O8~DREAM.OF~oO8oOO8.
    o8oOO~/ ) ) ) o.8OOo8oO8OO/ ( -TT
    o8o8oO8( e ( . <(o) 8O,o8Oo8OOo8||
    oo(`""o8""""""""""""""""""""""8oo""""""""")
    ||| ,``A`R`C`H`E`A`G`E`o8``,.````,||
    |.|||\``````B`U`B`B`L`E`'```````/|||
    ||O||\``````````B`A`T`H``````/||||
    ||||o|\`````````````````~X`` /|||||
    o||||||-.--.--------------------.--.--'|||||||
    ---------(_/----------------------\_)-------------

Quote Originally Posted by Brewskie View Post
    I dont think its a good idea to seperate the gaming community into :categories". If you roll play, you should be able to interact with anyone on the server logged in appropriately for the content your willing to show. Splitting up the community only detracts from the game. Your choice to ignore a member, allow them into your world, make a guild of similar minds and so on. Why split everyone up. If you truely are a roll player, you can interact with anyone in the world anytime frame, any situation life deals a character and any look or style.
    Oh? So how should they deal with the non rpers who complain about their rping neighbors? Or the players that will willfully harass them for lolz?

I see many like you saying that there should be no tagged rp servers, but then providing no solutions for interactions between roleplayers and non roleplayers on normal servers.

I'd like to hear your advice on the subject. Same for anyone who feels the same. Are you going to tell your harassing bretheren to leave the rpers alone if everyone is together?
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Question I would be asking is why not ?

how exactly having 1 or 2 servers out of what I assume will be at least 5 - 10 with the RP designation going to harm the community and other players ?

There no different rule set, its a name in a config file, thats it. it hurts no one, it costs nothing extra to name a server "something something (RP encouraged)"

So why not ?

That way the RPers can look forward to like minded people, and the pvpers who hate all-things RP can avoid it like the plague.

I personally will be taking my guild over to the rp server simply because I find rpers for the most part to be more mature than the usual kids/riffraft that play on the other servers.

(talking about the idiots who run around spewing racists hateful garbage in chat or harassing people because they got ganked/killed/looked at/whatever)

So hell yeah, designate an RP server, those that want a serious community that looks forward to playing the game in a mature manner (hopefully) can go there, the rest can go elsewhere.

I am in favour of a rp-tagged server.
    Like others said, it will let rp-ers know where to go and for anyone else it doesn't matter at all so why not?

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast