Closed Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Definitely would enjoy this. I echo some of the same sentiments that this type of server usually attracts the type of people I enjoy playing with. The sandbox elements of AA really cater to RPing and having a designated point to find everyone is really beneficial to the community!

I like Roleplay so why not.
    Master of the Rowing of Boats

Thanks all for the support!
    http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home

*insert inspirational quote or RP characters line here*

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    First of all, how does having an RP chat channel help RPers gather together on a single server and notify those that aren't RPers that they are willingly choosing to play on a server filled with RPers? I think you may have missed the whole reason RPers want a server with an RP label.

Secondly, you have this notion that RPers don't PvP. You are sorely mistaken. In almost all MMORPG's I've played and RP'd in I've kept up with all the latest PvP gear and PvP content. Let the server handle it's own problems. There is already a large number of people that are planning on being PK killers. For those that are uninformed that means you hunt players that kill other players for griefing purposes. There are in fact guilds that will hunt griefers. RPers aren't some sort of sad animal in distress that needs help. Just because we enjoy role playing doesn't make us any worse at the core game play mechanics of the game. In fact, many of us are more devoted than the average player.

I do apologize if i was mistaken.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, if i got it wrong, i thought a channel that RP could use to, you know RP, would be nice for you guys so you didn't have to have your chat interrupted by the commoners. ;P

I have also played with combine servers with RPers on it, and lot of the time they are doing ****-all and refused to PVP, honestly if you are telling me this is false I am very pleased to hear it. It is probably the reason I have never joined a RP clan, been asked -- but they didn't do a lot.

After what you have said, i seen even more reasons why a RP server isn't needed, you still PVP and play the game like us commoners. =D

I understand your fear of stalkers and pkkillers but that happens anyway -- there are always spies, and people working for the other side. We all are aspectable to that.

anyway apologizes again, i didn't mean to start anything. was just giving my thoughts on the matter. If a RP server is setup then that is great, but if you are a PVPer and keep your armor up to date, i would be terribly sad to have lost your expertise on my server.
    Not here, Mind on Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Roda View Post
    Totally for this!
    Nothing kills an RP community faster than a fragmented community.
    Providing a clear place to congregate will foster the RP community just nicely.

I think you're quite underestimating the diversity on RP servers.

As someone who traditionally gravitates towards RP servers (whether I want to RP or not)..
    A good chunk of every RP server is made up of non-RPers who play on RP servers because they prefer their stereotypically mature communities or because they like to spectate.
    Another chunk of RP servers is the less hard-core-lore RP crowd who frequently partake in loose lore adaptions and alternate universe RPing. (You'll see the Kpop concerts from these folk)
    So the RP server won't be missing out on many communities other than some hyper-competative, no-nonsense guilds. (And honestly, I think that's quite a good thing)

I agree totally with this. I am not an RPer but tbh, I have been known to lurk around some the people who do RP and I rather enjoy spectating, I find it fun and relaxing sometimes. Though I prefer pve to pvp, I don't expect the game to cater to me and make pve servers when so much of the content does rely on the risk factor. I don't see how making an RP server in any way conflicts with anything anyone else wants to do. Sometimes I pick RP servers simply because I like watching (listening) and tbh, I find the community on Rp servers to be a bit more laid back and not so much '' elitist'' if you know what I mean. I think it's a wonderful idea Scapes. It doesn't make their gameplay any different to anyone elses. They still need to pvp/pve and whatnot to achieve their goals. They just get to have a sort of private place where no one gives them grief for doing a bit of roleplay. I say go for it, why not? It's not hurting anything.
    When the wind dies, the whole world ceases to move

I myself am a Heavy roleplayer in other MMOs and would love a server where RPers can gather.

I'm down for a RP server if there is enough interest. I don't think a server should be created just for RP though if there wont be many people on it, low population servers are no fun for anyone.

Even having the community designate an (unofficial) RP server works great in most games.
    Hardcore PvP Worldfirst PvE Addiction Join today

I don't mind a server for RPs. I don't roleplay, I just hope that expecting a better community, everyone joins the same server and then the other servers stay empty.
    Interest can arise from words but the first glance can determine how the rest of the story ends

Absolutely yes for RP server. Thank you so much Scapes for considering this RP server.
    We really appreiate for this. I mean it won't hurt anyone or anything for an RP server "identification".
    Vray
    Security Division
    -Raiders-

Greymoon Trading Company Western Continent (NA-RP/PvP/Craft/Merch Guild)

"Don't Tell Me About The Sky Limit When There's a Step at The Moon"

That would be a great idea Scapes, then people that love pvp wouldnt end up surrounded by RP'ers

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast