Closed Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Hybrid View

What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Hey all,

One of the common topics we saw during today's Q&A was players eager to know if we'd have servers with established rulesets. While we won't be implementing special gameplay limits per server, we were interested in gauging player interest in having roleplay server identification. For instance, this could be displayed as SERVERNAME-RP so that players seeking roleplay experiences would know which server has the highest density of like-minded players.

Thoughts? We're listening!

That's probably a good idea i mean i don't see how it could harm anything and lets people have a beacon so to speak to get together instead of having to reroll later once they find out theres an RP community on a different server than they started on. I say go for it

I see nothing wrong with specifying at least one server for RP and even a SERVERNAME-RPE (role-play encouraged) if you don't want the added direct moderation...
    _~
    _~)_)_~
    )_))_))_)
    _!__!__!_
    \______t/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It made me think about it.
    It made me.
    Think about it.

I personally don not like this idea. I think what makes sandboxes great are the interactions between pvers pvpers pkers n rpers..plus I think doing this will open a can of worms, next people will want a server called pvp n one for pve.. it will seperate everyone n I enjoy meeting these people..

scapes id like to thank you for listening to people's ideas though.. youre doing an awesome job.

Keep AA sandbox

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post
    I personally don not like this idea. I think what makes sandboxes great are the interactions between pvers pvpers pkers n rpers..plus I think doing this will open a can of worms, next people will want a server called pvp n one for pve.. it will seperate everyone n I enjoy meeting these people..

scapes id like to thank you for listening to people's ideas though.. youre doing an awesome job.

Keep AA sandbox
    You misunderstand though there are no toher server rulesets so there is no pve server and no pvp server. But RP can be on any one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavol View Post
    You misunderstand though there are no toher server rulesets so there is no pve server and no pvp server. But RP can be on any one of these.
    He's extrapolating and is forecasting the mess labeling servers will create. He's right, whats to stop PvP psychopaths like me from requesting our own server (even though we would never do so as it's counter productive), or the PvEers, or the other groups listed. If you do it for one group the others are gonna similarly demand the same, fair treatment. It's a Pandora's Box that doesn't need to be opened.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Totally for this!
    Nothing kills an RP community faster than a fragmented community.
    Providing a clear place to congregate will foster the RP community just nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mooloaf View Post
    WORDS
    I think you're quite underestimating the diversity on RP servers.

As someone who traditionally gravitates towards RP servers (whether I want to RP or not)..
    A good chunk of every RP server is made up of non-RPers who play on RP servers because they prefer their stereotypically mature communities or because they like to spectate.
    Another chunk of RP servers is the less hard-core-lore RP crowd who frequently partake in loose lore adaptions and alternate universe RPing. (You'll see the Kpop concerts from these folk)
    So the RP server won't be missing out on many communities other than some hyper-competative, no-nonsense guilds. (And honestly, I think that's quite a good thing)

I agree with Roda, RP servers always have more mature players. They have their share of trolls but at least the conversations tend to be controversial rather than extremely vulgar.

RP server identification is much better as identifying that server as a "mature" one. RP players tend to either meet new RP players on their travels, or join an RP guild (usually advertised in the forums). In RIFT they even have a cross server channel for RP.
    The Heart wants what it wants- or else it does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Roda View Post
    Totally for this!
    Nothing kills an RP community faster than a fragmented community.
    Providing a clear place to congregate will foster the RP community just nicely.

I think you're quite underestimating the diversity on RP servers.

As someone who traditionally gravitates towards RP servers (whether I want to RP or not)..
    A good chunk of every RP server is made up of non-RPers who play on RP servers because they prefer their stereotypically mature communities or because they like to spectate.
    Another chunk of RP servers is the less hard-core-lore RP crowd who frequently partake in loose lore adaptions and alternate universe RPing. (You'll see the Kpop concerts from these folk)
    So the RP server won't be missing out on many communities other than some hyper-competative, no-nonsense guilds. (And honestly, I think that's quite a good thing)

I agree totally with this. I am not an RPer but tbh, I have been known to lurk around some the people who do RP and I rather enjoy spectating, I find it fun and relaxing sometimes. Though I prefer pve to pvp, I don't expect the game to cater to me and make pve servers when so much of the content does rely on the risk factor. I don't see how making an RP server in any way conflicts with anything anyone else wants to do. Sometimes I pick RP servers simply because I like watching (listening) and tbh, I find the community on Rp servers to be a bit more laid back and not so much '' elitist'' if you know what I mean. I think it's a wonderful idea Scapes. It doesn't make their gameplay any different to anyone elses. They still need to pvp/pve and whatnot to achieve their goals. They just get to have a sort of private place where no one gives them grief for doing a bit of roleplay. I say go for it, why not? It's not hurting anything.
    When the wind dies, the whole world ceases to move

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post

Keep AA sandbox
    I'm pretty sure, at least I hope and pray, that every server will be "PvP". But I agree with what you're saying.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast