Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

I like the idea of a dedicated RP server as it benefits both RP and non-RP players, but at the same time if you identify a server as RP I guarantee griefers will go there more so then they would an "unofficial preferred" RP server spread throughout the RP community.

Downside is some non-RP people will end up creating characters there unknowingly and end up wanting to move later, possibly having to level from 0.
    Ares
    (Firran - Server Alpha)
    mtd1982 @ twitch.tv
    Play ArcheAge? Help Contribute!

From my experience in WoW, which was pretty much the only game I played with "active" RP servers, the amount of lovely people that would hop in from other PvE or PvP servers and create a new character just to annoy everyone was enormous. I would like to see dedicated RP servers with strict rules like names and whatnot, but I also do not want to see that kind of people in them, therefore I think that not having an official RP server and just letting the community decide for itself would be the best option in this case. OR... or ban people that break the basic rules of the RP servers as long as there is evidence.

In other words, if you want a dedicated RP server, don't just make it and abandon it the next day. If you are going to do that then might as well not make one.

Although it will also attract some griefers, I think it's more important to the roleplayers to know which server to choose, and griefers are everywhere anyway tbh.

+1 from me. Iwould like a server where most of the roleplayers will know where to go to.

I see nothing wrong with this because players may have a chance to experience this game differently through these kinds of servers. Some players may even have a different way of roleplay, so some servers with rulesets for different forms of ruleplay would be great and satisfy the player's strengths at what he or she is good at.
    Justice, Balance, Perseverance, Intellect, Strength, Honor

"Mistakes should not pin you to the ground under fire, but rather should they help one learn from them and become ever more stronger."
    "Alone, the impossible cannot be achieved; together, anything can be accomplished."

http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home
    http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    I like the idea of a dedicated RP server as it benefits both RP and non-RP players, but at the same time if you identify a server as RP I guarantee griefers will go there more so then they would an "unofficial preferred" RP server spread throughout the RP community.

Downside is some non-RP people will end up creating characters there unknowingly and end up wanting to move later, possibly having to level from 0.
    I don't think 'griefers' would be much of a problem in ArcheAge, its a huge world as is, and will always be present regardless of what happens. If anything they would be more bothersome if there isn't a server 'just tagged' as RP, because if there is a completely unofficial server then only those actively interested in RP will go and find which one it is, and not only that but the RP community could be divided as maybe some of them decide one server is for RP and another group says another, it'll just be confusing and make it harder for RPers to gather together.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyamur View Post
    I see nothing wrong with this because players may have a chance to experience this game differently through these kinds of servers. Some players may even have a different way of roleplay, so some servers with rulesets for different forms of ruleplay would be great and satisfy the player's strengths at what he or she is good at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinera View Post
    From my experience in WoW, which was pretty much the only game I played with "active" RP servers, the amount of lovely people that would hop in from other PvE or PvP servers and create a new character just to annoy everyone was enormous. I would like to see dedicated RP servers with strict rules like names and whatnot, but I also do not want to see that kind of people in them, therefore I think that not having an official RP server and just letting the community decide for itself would be the best option in this case. OR... or ban people that break the basic rules of the RP servers as long as there is evidence.

In other words, if you want a dedicated RP server, don't just make it and abandon it the next day. If you are going to do that then might as well not make one.
    As Trion has made a point of before, they wont impose any special rulesets for servers, and I think this is fair. That way the servers stay equal, because the game itself is PvE, PvP and RP friendly. As for those who have problems with certain kind of people joining the RP servers, just carry on, just cause non-RPers would join the RP server shouldn't change anything, because you aren't forced to play with or acknowledge anyone you don't choose to. i.e. If someone named SwagathonTwoThousandxx runs around on a server that had the tag RP next to it, and you don't like seeing it, then just look away. I mean seriously, if people join the server just to discriminate against RP, then they should just find out how easy it is to ignore someone in ArcheAge, and because its such a community based game, it must suck to be ignored.

And just so its clear, i'm not saying that RPers should ignore anyone who joins the server but RPers, I think the RP server will just be a great place for those interested to gather and meet each other and have a comfortable environment.

Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post

Looking forward to killing griefers myself.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Yes, please!This game will be awesome for everyone but...it's also the best game that ever came out for RPers by far. It would be a CRIME not dedicating a server for us!Thanks in advance!

ermagod I just read 11 pages......anyways Here are my 2 cents. 1.) I see nothing wrong with labeling a server as RP because NOTHING in the game changes. All it is doing is saying something about the community, which is the difference between a server labelled RP and a server for PvP or PvE. Labeling a server with PvP or PvE effects the actual gameplay in that server, while labeling a server as RP only speaks for the community in there which is why I see why trion is able to change their mind on the issue. 2.) If RP-ing would have an effect on gameplay, I'm sure this thread would have NEVER been created and an unofficial server would be picked regardless. RPers though will STILL PK, STILL be pirates, STILL PvE and every other option the game has to offer. 3.) I do see the point previously made about trion stating that there would be no labelled servers, and I acknowledge that, but that may have been before they realized what a strong RP community existed as well as the fact that the RP community didn't want changes in any rules and what not like a PvP or PvE server would have wanted.

I realize I probably just repeated everything in the last 11 or so pages but I'm tired so

TLDR: I support RP cuz it makes no difference outside of "hey there are RPers here"
    Zero

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

Shatterglass - 50 Cabalist
    Aranzeb

Quote Originally Posted by Zankio View Post
    As Trion has made a point of before, they wont impose any special rulesets for servers, and I think this is fair. That way the servers stay equal, because the game itself is PvE, PvP and RP friendly. As for those who have problems with certain kind of people joining the RP servers, just carry on, just cause non-RPers would join the RP server shouldn't change anything, because you aren't forced to play with or acknowledge anyone you don't choose to. i.e. If someone named SwagathonTwoThousandxx runs around on a server that had the tag RP next to it, and you don't like seeing it, then just look away. I mean seriously, if people join the server just to discriminate against RP, then they should just find out how easy it is to ignore someone in ArcheAge, and because its such a community based game, it must suck to be ignored.

And just so its clear, i'm not saying that RPers should ignore anyone who joins the server but RPers, I think the RP server will just be a great place for those interested to gather and meet each other and have a comfortable environment.
    As I mentioned on my own post, if they are not going to create any special rules for a roleplaying server (only) and just make it because ... reasons... then they might as well not do it. If you label a server as "RP" specific, you raise some expectation to those that are looking forward to it based on the common roleplaying rules, like a proper name. If they join just to find out that this is not even close to what was labeled it wouldn't be the best first impression, would it? At the end of the day, that RP server will be less active than the others, so if you find the same thing as the other servers but with less activity then there would be no reason to get in the RP server.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast