Closed Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

I think having a single dedicated RP server would be a tremendous thing! There's going to be a de facto RP server anyway, and leaving it up to the community to work out the details and vote is always a pain.

An official server would not only make things much easier for us, it would also make it clear that Trion cares about the RP community. Please make it happen!

I think having a server for RP would be awesome, I do like to do all aspects, but there is nothing better than spending a few hours relaxing in RP, and AA would be the ideal game for it, imo.

Imperium
    Aut Vincere Aut Mori

Alex aka Wilson
    Proud to lead the amazing guys and girls of Imperium.

I think that there should be a server with the RP tag.

ArcheAge at it's core is a well balanced mix of PVE, PVP, and RP. That's why the game is so immersive regardless of whether you are a hardcore RPer or not. That being said, I don't see the harm in labeling any server anything as an informative tag, as long as the rulesets aren't changed (which I know they wont be). Regarding any concern about the possibility of it splitting the community between PVP/PVE and RP I see two problems with it: Firstly, I don't do any hardcore RP but Im not afraid to roll on a RP server, and Im certain Im not the only person who thinks this way so there are bound to be a mix of players on the RP server. Frankly, if the fear is that non-RPers will be "scared away" from a labelled RP server, then they are probably the kind of people that will be upset if they accidentally ended up in one. That's not good for anyone. Secondly, I can't imagine it would be difficult to have a one sentence note on screen when you select the RP labelled server that specifically explains that the label does NOT exclude non Rpers, but rather is a signpost for those in the RP community.

There souls definitely be an RP server. While I'm not a huge fan of RP, I know that a lot of players enjoy it. Without an RP server it would be difficult for them to find a home server that has their active form of MMO interaction.

Question.. will there be any difference to the servers other than a label to them that says pve, pvp, rp?
    "Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

I really think that roleplayers would appreciate this. Although I might not be solely participating in servers that involve roleplay conditions, I think many people would, especially in a game like ArcheAge packed with immersion.
    GOTTA HEAL THEM ALL

Great idea.

A sandbox game is about giving players features and letting them craft their own experience. There's no better way to do that than combining those features with roleplaying.

I'd love to have a roleplay indentified server! Would be really neat!

RPers will make an unofficial server with their larger communities anyway, so it's really only inconveniencing players who "unintentionally" roll on that selected server if there isn't an official tag.

It seems to me like one of those things that doesn't particularly do anything other than making someone's selection of server more specific - which, honestly, isn't that essential to creating a desirable community?

I support the RP server tag. I think any potential harm it may have is entirely negligible.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast