Closed Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

While I can see points on both sides, in the end, RP servers are generally very successful in my experiences.

There was a guy in CoH who would make calls to his family and friends from the phone booth in the subway. He didn't know if he even had an audience, he did it to contribute to the world around him. He would try to explain why he was gone, or got bruised up. I found myself even feeling a little guilty for eavesdropping.

I would much prefer to get as many of the RP crowd on one server as possible, and the best way to do it, is to flag it as such.

If any game deserves an RP server, it is this one!
    CEO
    Greymoon Trading Company
    Nuia's Premier Purveyor of Luxury Commodities (NA-RP/PvP/Craft/Merch Guild)
    We can bring you the World...one Treasure at a time.

ArcheAge Roleplay Community

Quote Originally Posted by Voldrax View Post
    Remember PaCO, PKers and PvPers aren't excluded from role-play. It's completely different from the separation problems you're suggesting. Besides, there are already a lot of people wanting to have PvE and PvP separated to their own servers... both battleground fanatics that want 'safe' PvP and PvE carebears. This will likely never happen in this game.

p.s. Sorry for the apparent name-calling of PvE 'aficionados'... just don't know what else to call somebody that whines about the PvPer next door.

Yes I understand im also agianst having servers named pve or pvp also.. its gonna end up seperating everyone.. I just want everyone together..

Quote Originally Posted by Hawking View Post
    While I can see points on both sides, in the end, RP servers are generally very successful in my experiences.

There was a guy in CoH who would make calls to his family and friends from the phone booth in the subway. He didn't know if he even had an audience, he did it to contribute to the world around him. He would try to explain why he was gone, or got bruised up. I found myself even feeling a little guilty for eavesdropping.

I would much prefer to get as many of the RP crowd on one server as possible, and the best way to do it, is to flag it as such.

yes but why cant all servers be an RP server?
    if you flag it i guarentee you that server will have a low population as the majority of RPers are going to want to join a high pop server anyway. it happens all the time!

traditionally speaking RP servers are some of the smallest servers in all of wow - and the RP community in wow is HUGE.
    going offo f past trends in every mmo i've ever played im still not for the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mooloaf View Post
    yes but why cant all servers be an RP server?
    if you flag it i guarentee you that server will have a low population as the majority of RPers are going to want to join a high pop server anyway. it happens all the time!

traditionally speaking RP servers are some of the smallest servers in all of wow - and the RP community in wow is HUGE.
    going offo f past trends in every mmo i've ever played im still not for the concept.
    Thing is, if you don't flag it, the RP crowd will just choose one unofficially. Tarnished Coast in GW2, Virtue in CoH was one of the highest pop servers for the life of the game.
    CEO
    Greymoon Trading Company

I just know for a fact if they had a server named rp encouraged, pvers will be the next to want theres.. although the evil in me would love to join a rp encouraged or pve encouraged and pk everyone..n this will happen, alot of people will do this exact thing and in a couple years the rp n pve server will be flag only.. think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post
    Yes I understand im also agianst having servers named pve or pvp also.. its gonna end up seperating everyone.. I just want everyone together..
    I can see your point, and as awesome as it is, what it comes down to is that some people disrupt the game for others. People who don't RP tend to kill the mood for RPers and PvP/PKers tend to ruin a game for PvE players too. If the most like minded people are in the same area then the game can be fun for everyone. I think the system should have marked servers and unmarked servers as well so that people who don't mind a server being open to everyone can play anything and everything. Just for Paco!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawking View Post

I have to say that this is my own experience too. Other games make it impossible to RP in Game but ones like CoH made it not only possible but fun!

I'd like an rp named server please. Lets keep all of us in one place, especially in this game where alot of the rp community might be leery about the possibility of rp in this game. ArcheAge has the most rp ready environment in a big name mmo but unfortunately most roleplayers don't know about its range and possibilities, having a named rp server gives a place to go.

And for the pve only players rp themed servers don't usually enforce any special rules usually, its nothing but a letter designation at the end of a server name. Unlike a PVE only server which would require extra rulesets.

Sorry but there is no arguement for a pve only server.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Once a server is flagged "rp" then all the pve-ers are going to complain until they get a pve only server. I personally am not against a server tagged "RP" it's just in a game with pvp (I've seen it happen LOADS of time) the pvers complain/whine until they either get a pve server or until pvp is removed from the game.

How about we cross that "the PvEers will whine!" bridge when we get to it?
    Sheesh, I'm rubbish at debate and debate rules, but even I know slippery slope is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Roda View Post
    How about we cross that "the PvEers will whine!" bridge when we get to it?
    Sheesh, I'm rubbish at debate and debate rules, but even I know slippery slope is a no no.
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did, I can just agree and then scram. /em scrams
    CEO
    Greymoon Trading Company

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast