Closed Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Look at it this way.

Trion doesn't make an official RP server. Role-players make an unofficial one and all the RP sites advertise that server. New rpers to the game will have to hunt a little to find out what server is the unofficial rp server.
    Trion does make an offical RP server. Roleplayers dont have to search the different websites/forums to find the unofficial one.

And everyone was happy
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

If there are going to be multiple servers, how are people who are heavily into role-playing supposed to find like-minded players if they aren't marked? Will the ability to transfer servers eventually be available? It took years for Moon Guard, for example, to be known as an RP server in WoW. If there isn't a viable answer to this, then labeling the server would be the only way for those people to find each other.

First off:
    The most often-mentioned argument against RP-tagged servers appears to be "PvE-ers will whine until they get a PvE server." Personally I don't think this to be true. PvP is too much of a core part of ArcheAge. There are so many things that rely on PvP that, if they were to be taken out, literally less than half the game would be left (think about sieges, the justice system and trade/piracy). Compare it to EVE Online getting a PvE server, how much of a game would be left of it then?
    Furthermore it would cost a lot of time and money to make such major changes to the game's formula, and that for only a very small part of the community (most people know this game to be PvP and have accepted that/have come here specifically because of it). So the carebears can complain all they want; Trion would have to be pretty stupid to give them what they (think they) want.

Secondly:
    One could argue that an RPE server is redundant because it is very easy to get into RPing in this game. Personally I think that this game will have an above average percentage of RPers, since ArcheAge offers so many fun opportunities for it (sailing, fishing, farming, housing, open world, justice, trading, piracy, castle building, sieges, music, you name it). However, an RPE-tagged server would give new players clear information as to what they're getting into and decrease the chances of them ruining the game for others or vice versa. Of course, there's always going to be trolls, but there's going to be trolls anyway - this is the internet, after all. Best way to counter a troll has always been, still is and will always be to ignore them, or better still: find a way to incorporate them into the lore and trap them in their own miscreation.

Personally I'm not an active RPer, though I do enjoy it once in a while. I don't often join RP servers in MMOs and I don't really connect too closely to the RP communities, but for the good of this game I think it would be good to give the RPers their own designated server where no one gets in their way, and they don't get in others'.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Too Geeky View Post
    If there are going to be multiple servers, how are people who are heavily into role-playing supposed to find like-minded players if they aren't marked? Will the ability to transfer servers eventually be available? It took years for Moon Guard, for example, to be known as an RP server in WoW. If there isn't a viable answer to this, then labeling the server would be the only way for those people to find each other.
    Internet.
    Sleeping in yesteryear's treehouse.

I implore any and all to do some reading in this thread. Do it for the betterment of society.

there are some good points in here and some bad points. I speak for myself if I say it would save me some searching So I'm for a RP tag. As long it doesn't effect the game in anyway, Its just that I don't have to look for the RP community then

I think if there is a possible interest in different server types, such as RP or whatever,there wouldn't be any harm in starting up a server with specific rulesets and just see how popular it is. Then, based on the numbers, it should be easy to determine if more are needed or if it is just a waste of server space.

... .. sake , they only want to add tag that says to RP players to come to that server, so there could be more of them, they are not changing anything!

As a PvPer i'm in complete support of this. let people play the game they want
    Turn down for what?

That is probably a good idea depending on how it's gonna work, but if the servers would have a ''roll play rating'' which would change depending on the behavior of the players it would be awesome. (That's just a idea, I don't know how this would work.)

I would love a server designation as RP so that later I wouldnt have to reroll later on. I dont see this being a problem and you stated that there arent any special rule sets for individual servers. This way the RPers out there are concentrated on a pre designated server :-)

I think it's great idea, I was never in this kind of stuff, but there's a lot of people and they will be lovin' it.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast