Closed Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 397

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

  1. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    574
    please scapes make magic happen
    Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well

  2. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    224
    All we need is [RP] tag, nothing else. Getting real tired of some silly comments about pve players will want pve server too etc, it's not the same, it's just a tag on the server name, you will still get killed/trolled. It just lets the rpers know which server to choose. What is so hard to understand omg #rant.

  3. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    138
    I think it would be nice to those who RP to give them a "tag" on a server that basically says, "Hey come to this one."
    Laughter
    Twitter // Google+ // Ello // Website // YouTube

  4. #274
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I think it would be nice to those who RP to give them a "tag" on a server that basically says, "Hey come to this one."
    I agree with this.

  5. #275
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Thinking back to SWG - roleplay groups did form and find each other and some servers may got favoured by them but by the end of the day, a simple [roleplay] tag next to your name is all what's needed.
    I'd let the community find itself. Tagging a server may leads to the situation in which only a few will join because people may not want 24/7 RP and therefore don't join, even when they tend to do RP whenever the opportunity arises.

  6. #276
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow VanDark View Post
    I'd let the community find itself. Tagging a server may leads to the situation in which only a few will join because people may not want 24/7 RP and therefore don't join, even when they tend to do RP whenever the opportunity arises.
    I've never seen or heard of a RPer willingly not role on a RP server.
    It doesn't happen. If a role player enjoys role playing he creates a character on a role playing server. Whether he role plays a lot or a little that does not change the fact that he's playing on a server of like minded individuals.

    If we don't get a server we will "find ourselves". Unfortunately this also has the impact of having the population split into smaller groups and sometimes scattered across servers. If the groups dwindle RPers may possibly quit due to an inaccurate assumption that "no one RP's".

    Having an RP server will do the exact opposite of what you're claiming it will do; instead it will gather all RPers into a single unified group and on one server. Assuming that ONLY RPers create characters on that server it would still have a large population. But if you have any experience in MMORPGs at all you'd know this isn't the case, as many non RPers still create characters on role playing servers because RP servers are generally more community driven.

    If we don't get a RP tagged server, I don't want to see anyone complaining about the general forums being constantly spammed with threads denoting certain servers as RP servers. At which point people that don't like RP will attempt to make the RPers change the server by posting in those threads. And we'll have an endless supply of threads created and deleted with these arguments. Not to mention the RPer having to delete and create more RP characters after realizing the server they made had no RP.

    This is one of those rare cases where giving us an RP server will do nothing to hurt the community (or game mechanics since NOTHING is changing) unless non RPers think it's hurtful to their environment to not have RPers there. Which if that is truly the case most RPers would encourage those people to create a character on a RP server.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

  7. #277
    Senior Member The Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wynn
    Posts
    1,270
    ^ Pretty much all of this.
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

    Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ᴏɴ Wʏɴɴ
    Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    Lore nerd since CBT3 KR

  8. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    The earth
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by yuyu View Post
    All we need is [RP] tag, nothing else. Getting real tired of some silly comments about pve players will want pve server too etc, it's not the same, it's just a tag on the server name, you will still get killed/trolled. It just lets the rpers know which server to choose. What is so hard to understand omg #rant.
    Which doesn't change in-game mechanics, while a PvE server would require to change the mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    I've never seen or heard of a RPer willingly not role on a RP server.
    It doesn't happen. If a role player enjoys role playing he creates a character on a role playing server. Whether he role plays a lot or a little that does not change the fact that he's playing on a server of like minded individuals.

    If we don't get a server we will "find ourselves". Unfortunately this also has the impact of having the population split into smaller groups and sometimes scattered across servers. If the groups dwindle RPers may possibly quit due to an inaccurate assumption that "no one RP's".

    Having an RP server will do the exact opposite of what you're claiming it will do; instead it will gather all RPers into a single unified group and on one server. Assuming that ONLY RPers create characters on that server it would still have a large population. But if you have any experience in MMORPGs at all you'd know this isn't the case, as many non RPers still create characters on role playing servers because RP servers are generally more community driven.

    If we don't get a RP tagged server, I don't want to see anyone complaining about the general forums being constantly spammed with threads denoting certain servers as RP servers. At which point people that don't like RP will attempt to make the RPers change the server by posting in those threads. And we'll have an endless supply of threads created and deleted with these arguments. Not to mention the RPer having to delete and create more RP characters after realizing the server they made had no RP.

    This is one of those rare cases where giving us an RP server will do nothing to hurt the community (or game mechanics since NOTHING is changing) unless non RPers think it's hurtful to their environment to not have RPers there. Which if that is truly the case most RPers would encourage those people to create a character on a RP server.
    Rpers are always willing to RP, simply because most of 'em come from Pen and Paper games, which there is no, off-time RPing, you just don't play. Also, as Yuyu said, A tag is enough, it won't stop pking, griefing, raging, trolling, but at least, let the RPers find themselves (not every player is a kin to forums).

    But if we don't get one, We simply create one.

    If the last statement was true, we would live on RPs based MMOs with is not the case, unfortunatly. =/
    "My house is the world, my bed the earth, my wealth the nature. Not a guild, a way of Life."

    But, really letting us put a image would help a lot.

  9. #279
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Frisia, the Netherlands.
    Posts
    26
    Please add this. I would get on all four and beg you not to ruin AA for roleplayers.
    If there's no server dedicated for roleplay the features in AA that make it so great for roleplay would go to waste.
    I'd prefer walking into a realistic playerbuilt town where people talk about recent rumors and how lovely the weather is, instead of walking through a pornoposterfilled ''town'' where people randomly run through my character while calling eachother ♥♥♥♥♥♥s for not healing or tanking good enough.
    I'd also love to RP an agressive scene with a roleplayer from another faction without the player ''G3TR3KTPVP'' randomly jumping in to kill me.
    And I swear to god if I get in a server where people try to make a dubstep song or something with the composition profession I will hunt them down and break their computer.

    If there's a petition for a dedicated roleplay server I hereby sign.

  10. #280
    Senior Member The Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wynn
    Posts
    1,270

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Seilky View Post
    Rpers are always willing to RP, simply because most of 'em come from Pen and Paper games, which there is no, off-time RPing, you just don't play. Also, as Yuyu said, A tag is enough, it won't stop pking, griefing, raging, trolling, but at least, let the RPers find themselves (not every player is a kin to forums).

    But if we don't get one, We simply create one.

    If the last statement was true, we would live on RPs based MMOs with is not the case, unfortunatly. =/
    Can't stress how much I agree with this. I have played MMORPGs that have had wonderful RP community hubs and hotspots, gigantic and thriving, yet even those have only succeeded at getting some RPers together in a player-chosen unofficial RP server. If the server were simply tagged [RP], we wouldn't miss out on those who we otherwise would have probably lost.

    Even in the guild I am recruiting for in-game, which is an RP guild, I have heard a lot of stories from members about how they played X game and were mildly interested in RP, but didn't know that there was a place to RP. I really hope that Trion hears our plea for this simple denotation come launch.
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

    Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ᴏɴ Wʏɴɴ
    Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    Lore nerd since CBT3 KR

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts