Closed Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Definitely [RPE] 1-2 servers to attract the communities. So much easier to network and find RP experiences ingame that way as opposed to an extremely diluted RP playerbase. A lot of non-RP players also gravitate towards the more serious playerbases on those servers. There's minimal loss as people interested in those experiences will migrate to RPE servers anyway. This would be an easy to implement win for the RP community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    Definitely [RPE] 1-2 servers to attract the communities. So much easier to network and find RP experiences ingame that way as opposed to an extremely diluted RP playerbase. A lot of non-RP players also gravitate towards the more serious playerbases on those servers. There's minimal loss as people interested in those experiences will migrate to RPE servers anyway. This would be an easy to implement win for the RP community.
    What's RPE ?

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu View Post
    What's RPE ?
    Roleplay enforced. Which isn't likely, since, as far as we know, they only plan to give a tag to name [RP] so people know where to go.
    Adventurer - Murderous raider with delusions of grandeur

Unless you plan on enforcing RP somehow, I don't see the point. Just my opinion, though, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Carde View Post
    Unless you plan on enforcing RP somehow, I don't see the point. Just my opinion, though, and I'm sure I'm in the minority.
    Is more for easy finding then anything else, also not everyRP player join the forums, some people have awnkwardness toward it, it won't avoid the trolls, but at least the Rpers in AA will survive.

Also, RP can be guild enforced.
    "My house is the world, my bed the earth, my wealth the nature. Not a guild, a way of Life."

But, really letting us put a image would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwethlen View Post
    Roleplay enforced. Which isn't likely, since, as far as we know, they only plan to give a tag to name [RP] so people know where to go.
    Writing that post I was 90% sure it was RP-encouraged as I've seen it used that way in the past, sorry! Fwiw I meant it as in RP-encouraged, not RP-enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    I've never seen or heard of a RPer willingly not role on a RP server.
    It doesn't happen. If a role player enjoys role playing he creates a character on a role playing server.
    Unless the PvP sucks on the RP server, and the RPer also happens to enjoy PvP as well. I have passed on RP servers in favor of lively PvP, even if I do light RP on the non-RP server.
    [[ archeagefurniture.com || SUBMIT SCREENSHOTS!! <3 ]]
    >> GUIDES: | All Available Houses (screenshots, prices and more) | Housing 101 (how to buy, build, maintain) |
    | Also walkthroughs for obtaining Small & Large Scarecrows and Donkey -- both East and West! |
    | JUBILEE (siren) & RUSE (elementalist) | Ollo | Lords of the Dead |

I doubt we'd get special rules for the server, just a tag. Honestly, I'm okay with that - if we even get that.

Buuuut.... dreaming, here! I think it would be awesome if the RP server wouldn't allow tags to be displayed over a character's head. Then we couldn't metagame that the other person is on the opposite faction, or what guild they're in, and would have to learn to visually recognize the other faction, our friends, our enemies, etc. See, that would be a fun rule-set for a RP server. xD

Okay, skipping off again!

I don't see why it would not be a good idea. It would not harm anyone as Mavol said and it would just had more options to the game : Player could choose to go on the RP server or not. Personally when I will have access to the game, I will not play as a RPer doe, it does not interest me at all and never interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Fuzion View Post
    I doubt we'd get special rules for the server, just a tag. Honestly, I'm okay with that - if we even get that.

Buuuut.... dreaming, here! I think it would be awesome if the RP server wouldn't allow tags to be displayed over a character's head. Then we couldn't metagame that the other person is on the opposite faction, or what guild they're in, and would have to learn to visually recognize the other faction, our friends, our enemies, etc. See, that would be a fun rule-set for a RP server. xD

Okay, skipping off again!
    The factions is divided by races so you could, now pirates is another history. Elves, and Nuians (europeans) x firran and harani (asians), just look at the height asians are smaller.
    But, I 'm for but again, the idea is "as long it doesn't change mechanics is fine". This would give the PvErs a reason to cry, why they didn't got their server and rage quit.
    "My house is the world, my bed the earth, my wealth the nature. Not a guild, a way of Life."

But, really letting us put a image would help a lot.

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast