Closed Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

I would say to make an official RP server. Unlike themepark mmos where rerolling would only set you back in time. I would hate for them to have them reroll on a more dominate unofficial server for RP where they will have to find new land to build on, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post
    I just know for a fact if they had a server named rp encouraged, pvers will be the next to want theres.. although the evil in me would love to join a rp encouraged or pve encouraged and pk everyone..n this will happen, alot of people will do this exact thing and in a couple years the rp n pve server will be flag only.. think about it.
    There will be no pve servers though Scapes has already said this so don't worry about it

There really is no proof that any of the doomsaying going on here will happen. This isn't Trion's first game, they know how to handle themselves against player whining. There is already whining going on about players wanting an All-pve server as it is. RP is not a different rule-set despite what devs often promise/claim, it's just a server marker so we know where to find the RP community.

I like them being marked. You're not going to find low populations or not have anyone to play against or any of the other worrying going on here. There's no harm in marking a server RPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimarhie View Post
    There really is no proof that any of the doomsaying going on here will happen. This isn't Trion's first game, they know how to handle themselves against player whining. There is already whining going on about players wanting an All-pve server as it is. RP is not a different rule-set despite what devs often promise/claim, it's just a server marker so we know where to find the RP community.

I like them being marked. You're not going to find low populations or not have anyone to play against or any of the other worrying going on here. There's no harm in marking a server RPE.
    Exactly, there will not be any alteration to any of the rulesets. It's an RP server with the same ruleset as any server, but for those who want to RP. PvE people want to change the ruleset from the normal game to their playstyle which will never happen. If labeling one same ruleset server RP will make PvE people whine, then let them whine. Trion will not fold to change the entire dynamic of the game.

Yes make an official RP server!

For those who don't want the server designation I will just say this. Trust me you want it, as many of us are going to make sure that the rp community is there bright and early to get land. Usually I don't care if there is an official or unofficial designation at all but in this game especially with the land we are going to need it.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

I've seen games do "{ServerName}-Roleplay" but I'm on the fence about it.

ArcheAge seems to encourage players to mix and do anything. Therefore, it seems difficult to say adding "special" servers of any kind are good. Since if someone on a non-rp server wants to RP, he should be able to- by the nature of ArcheAge.

Yes please to (RP).

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post

ArcheAge seems to encourage players to mix and do anything. Therefore, it seems difficult to say adding "special" servers of any kind are good. Since if someone on a non-rp server wants to RP, he should be able to- by the nature of ArcheAge.

Nothing would be stopping anyone from rping anywhere, A server designation helps the rp community find each other. As I've said with the relatively low key nature of this game its good for the rp community as a whole.

Besides everyone who said yes is an rper, everyone who said no is not. If you don't rp why should it matter? Just curious
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

I am all for an RP server flag or two. In a Trion example, I have experienced one of Rift's RP server and it is very bustling and perhaps one of the best RP server experiences I have ever had. I also have been in other game's RP servers, as more of the "spectator" role that was mentioned earlier. The most in any sort of "rules" reinforcement I've seen on these kinds of servers have pretty much only extended in conduct and name rules (In those communities it mattered, I suppose).

We have a growing group of roleplayers on here, and I am sure many more will come. A much more personal reason I wish for an RP server is due to past times on non-RP/"unofficial" servers where I've gotten harassed several times for publicly RPing. Enough experiences have given me a thick skin about it, so I don't complain unless it's to my RP buddies. At the same time, I'd happily opt to be in a community of like-minded individuals while we all play the game.
    Are you a Roleplayer and wanting to play ArcheAge? Come with us to ArcheAge RP!

Hey. I'm trying to start a Twitch. Whee~

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post

The thing is though, is that this is not going to be a special server. It's just going to have an extra tag on it. It will be no different than any other server. There is a misconception out there that RPers do not pvp... I know this to be false because I know *far* more RPers that enjoy pvp than those who hate it. For myself, I enjoy it when it's done well -which should be a given, considering that things suck when they are done poorly. :P

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast