Closed Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mooloaf View Post
    ..i guarentee you that server will have a low population as the majority of RPers are going to want to join a high pop server anyway...
    This is simply not true. RPers enjoy quality over quantity. Most RPers would rather a small community of great roleplayers on one server rather than a full server of players who do not RP or are just there to grief RPers for their style of play.

Having a labeled RP server is a way to ensure the RP community gravitates there.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Mooloaf View Post
    i think ifyou do this it will unintentionally force people to subconsciously decide to choose another server - like how do i put it.

while i do not mind role play and even do it to a certain degree on occasion when i see RP tags on a wow server, i think of all the horror stories you hear ever so often, and the server gets this creepy vibe, which actually isnt true - but other mmos have set the precedent for this behavior and most mmo players are first timers (IHMO)

so what im trying to get at is, i think if you do this either ALL the RPers will go to only said servers which effectively blockades more casual players from experiencing what can be quite a fun experience, I'd rather have no designation like that so the the RP community spreads out more amongst servers, so that all communities can experience the lifestyle.

with some of the things you can do with housing (KR LIVE has a house where they RP Pop concerts and KR/JP artists) and that's something you'd never see or only extremely rarely if you add server labels.

i think not doing this will enrich the cultural aspect of every server in archeage.

maybe im just being dumb? but as someone who has traditionally avoided RP labels on servers i sincerely feel this way and that is my reasoning behind it. this way players will naturally experience stuff like this by chance and find that they might like it, and in turn some really cool things might be born out of it!
    Don't you think it's rather selfish to want RPers spread out just so the non-RPers can enjoy the "flavor" they add? RPers try to stay immersed 24/7 when they play. Having a server full of RPers means they can have a better experience over all. You wanting just a little bit of RPers on your server just takes away from their own community.

Really do hope for a Roleplaying server. Main prio of my RPG's is to have it.

Pondering to finally buy the Founder's Pack, but need to be sure there's an RP server within the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Linoge View Post
    Uhm you cannot win arguments with text...

...Voice communicating you can actually TALK and work things out, use different voices, get into character...
    Sooo what if you are role-playing someone who is deaf?

Quote Originally Posted by PaCO View Post
    Yes I understand im also agianst having servers named pve or pvp also.. its gonna end up seperating everyone.. I just want everyone together..
    I really don't see the issue here. If you are a PvPer, would you not want a server full of people who share the PvP values and mentality? Would you really want your server full of PvEers and RPers who would just complain about being ganked or griefed? And if you do, why? Just so you have more numbers to kill?

IMO there would not be a need to label servers if everyone would just learn to respect each other's play-styles regardless of the game platform, ig: If the game is built for PvP, then PvPers should respect the PvEers and RPers who do not wish to engage in that style of play. But that is simply not possible based on the current thought process of most PvP gamers, hence why a separation of play-styles is needed, and therefore a need for a labled server.

Quote Originally Posted by Linoge View Post
    Yeah good job comparing a story taled game to an MMO.
    Its like typing in san andreas RPing, or in any Arma LIFE mods...

Its phathetic. RP needs voice communicating thats enough with that
    First things, first...

Yeah, totally. After all, when you roleplay you don't create a history at all... Also, these games were called RPGs because, they think it would sonund cool... Hue...

Also, OP Arma Life Servers are called RPserver for a reason HueČ.

But if you still in doubt, Forums Roleplaying communities and games that use typing: Roll20, RRPG Firecast (Portuguese), Fantasy Grounds, Achaea.

Also, read this...

Play-by-post role-playing game
    "My house is the world, my bed the earth, my wealth the nature. Not a guild, a way of Life."

But, really letting us put a image would help a lot.

Not having read through all of this; I personally support the idea and as for (one of the very valid arguments I saw) newer players being deprived of the chance to immerse themselves in what could be a very rewarding experience. They will no doubt be able to try a deep dive into said "RP-encouraged" server. I for one would relish being able to actually immerse myself in the game world instead of having to listen to (as much) OOC content.

Edit: On the whole Pvpers/Pvers/Rpers. I fancy myself all of them. And I would be happy to justify killing said rookie for a.. emh.. legitimate cause. It doesn't remove any elements, just adds a new variety of depth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Chyna View Post
    I really don't see the issue here. If you are a PvPer, would you not want a server full of people who share the PvP values and mentality? Would you really want your server full of PvEers and RPers who would just complain about being ganked or griefed? And if you do, why? Just so you have more numbers to kill?

IMO there would not be a need to label servers if everyone would just learn to respect each other's play-styles regardless of the game platform, ig: If the game is built for PvP, then PvPers should respect the PvEers and RPers who do not wish to engage in that style of play. But that is simply not possible based on the current thought process of most PvP gamers, hence why a separation of play-styles is needed, and therefore a need for a labled server.
    Pssst, It's PaCO, Oran'Thul. The answer is yes, the more targets the better.

Really though, a tag would just really help to make people find others with that interest. Without a tag the roleplayers will just designate one server as roleplay and tell everyone to go there. Seen it happen elsewhere.
    Adventurer - Murderous raider with delusions of grandeur

Quote Originally Posted by Gwethlen View Post
    Pssst, It's PaCO, Oran'Thul. The answer is yes, the more targets the better.

Really though, a tag would just really help to make people find others with that interest. Without a tag the roleplayers will just designate one server as roleplay and tell everyone to go there. Seen it happen elsewhere.
    Hey!

It's true, a tag would help gravitate RPers to a common server. If TRION were to do this, I would ask that they only label one server as RP, however, as too may RP-labeled servers tends to split the community. Another concern of mine is when a server is tagged as RP, especially in PvP games, griefers tend to roll on those servers just to ruin RPers' fun. So it's a catch 22, but I am all for a RP tag than against one when all things are considered.

AA has a lot things for roleplayers I guess. Since there is a community for it I'd say go ahead and tag a server [RP].

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast