Closed Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

I must echo the general sentiment.

Having an RP tag on a server will help the RP community find one another. No need to change the ruleset in any way, just need to label the server.

Without the tag, the community may fragment, and it's far more likely that people who RP will be griefed by other players (since they're playing on a "normal" server).

Sure, griefers may specifically join the RP server to cause trouble - but at least they're the ones in the minority there.

Better for community cohesion. I hope Trion takes this to heart!

Also, one RP server per region is enough to start, one for US and one for EU. Keep the community as closely-knit as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Linoge View Post
    Uhm you cannot win arguments with text.
    Voice communicating you can actually TALK and work things out, use different voices, get into character.

typing is just typing.

And its called an opinion what was asked for, so stop trying to argue with me because you cannot win.

And the kid above me aka Jibeley, there is a difference between trolling and facts, PLease.
    Maybe you guys are just shy people, or scared to talk to people whatever the reason is.
    The internet is actually the best way to learn to communicate with people with voice, because if something happens you dont like you can just hit alt + f4. So dont worry kids, you will be fine even if you have to talk.
    .O8oO8Oo.O8~DREAM.OF~oO8oOO8.
    o8oOO~/ ) ) ) o.8OOo8oO8OO/ ( -TT
    o8o8oO8( e ( . <(o) 8O,o8Oo8OOo8||
    oo(`""o8""""""""""""""""""""""8oo""""""""")
    ||| ,``A`R`C`H`E`A`G`E`o8``,.````,||
    |.|||\``````B`U`B`B`L`E`'```````/|||
    ||O||\``````````B`A`T`H``````/||||
    ||||o|\`````````````````~X`` /|||||
    o||||||-.--.--------------------.--.--'|||||||
    ---------(_/----------------------\_)-------------

Why do roleplaying players need a server in every MMO? Why not just all join a chat room somewhere else or meet up in person? Or just play in the same server as everyone else.

You're the same people who want PvE servers as well, I would bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erf View Post
    Why do roleplaying players need a server in every MMO? Why not just all join a chat room somewhere else or meet up in person? Or just play in the same server as everyone else.

What if both 'sides' stop generalizing.
    That'd be great.
    firelight is but a myth of wayward ghosts
    and sparks the leftovers of old souls

~May you be blessed by the Great Banana Tree god, he who watches over all trees~

First off, like Luna said, your generalizing.

It also seems you don't understand the concept of PvP/PvE/RP

You see, PvP and PvE are game mechanics, and asking for a designated server with changed mechanics would greatly impact the game, especially one such as AA. RP is a play-style, it has no effect over PvP or PvE(although it does make it more interesting to some, others it seems to be a distraction, to each his own I say)and while I cannot speak for all of us I would say most of us are not the people wanting PvE servers. Also why do you care? Since RP has no effect on you just ignore it and choose a different server.
    http://rparcheage.enjin.com/home

*insert inspirational quote or RP characters line here*

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Also why do you care? Since RP has no effect on you just ignore it and choose a different server.
    Why do you care if a server has an RP tag or not? Nothing prevents you from roleplaying in a normal server.

Because having an RP-tag would help those who like to roleplay know what is the preferred server. I'd be all for it.

Its not asking for something like PVE, its not even changing those who DONT RP from joining the server, but most MMOs i play that have an RP server, I tend to join it as i like to RP when playing most MMOs. and I tend to find the community more enjoyable on an RP tagged server

Quote Originally Posted by Empyreus View Post
    Because having an RP-tag would help those who like to roleplay know what is the preferred server.
    If it's that important to your "community" create a website where you can congregate and organize that kind of thing.

If it's that important to your "community" create a website where you can congregate and organize that kind of thing.
    This usually happens, but not necessarily every RPer will know about it. Let me ask YOU a question then.

Why require a third-party solution, when Trion could easily bypass that? The positive to an RP designation is that it makes it easier for RPers to congregate. Now what is the negative you're seeing, that makes you argue against it?
    [[ archeagefurniture.com || SUBMIT SCREENSHOTS!! <3 ]]
    >> GUIDES: | All Available Houses (screenshots, prices and more) | Housing 101 (how to buy, build, maintain) |
    | Also walkthroughs for obtaining Small & Large Scarecrows and Donkey -- both East and West! |
    | JUBILEE (siren) & RUSE (elementalist) | Ollo | Lords of the Dead |

Yes yes yes yes yes
    In the end it will not matter to us whether we wrote well or ill; whether we fought with flails or reeds. It will matter to us greatly on which side we fought. -GK Chesterton

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast