Closed Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 397

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

  1. #371
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy Fuzion View Post
    The only difference is RPers base their game play on consent, whereas PvPers don't care about consent.
    That's not necessarily true either though. There's a certain thrill you get when you're fighting someone that is prepared and is expecting and anticipating a fight with you that you simply can't get by ganking someone. I had "friends" in WoW that were Alliance even though I played Horde because we kept finding ourselves fighting each other. At times we would even let the other person sit down and eat/drink to have full HP/MP bars before we'd begin fighting. These weren't people I actively talked to everyday, just friendly rivalry. After certain PvP events I would even go over to the enemies and /salute and /congratulate just in good sport even if I lost. And they would, at times, do the same to me when they lost. Neither of us would attack each other when retreating after, and it was considered "bad sport" to do so. I even seen one of the enemy players let loose a summoned demon to kill one of his fellow players because he TRIED to attack me after we had /saluted. (Can't remember what those warlock demons were called that you had to keep chained or they'd attack everyone.)

    Anyway what I'm trying to get at is there is honor among PvPers. There's always rotten ones in the bunch but that's with every group. Don't let a few ruin the batch.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

  2. #372
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy Fuzion View Post
    People don't realize how much alike PvPers and RPers are. Both groups are passionate about their game play and both groups "chase the feels". The only difference is RPers base their game play on consent, whereas PvPers don't care about consent.

    I'm very much looking forward to ArcheAge. Games were we couldn't attack back left me feeling victimized by anti-RPers who went out of their way to grief RPers. I RPd and PvPd in UO Trammel pre-split and in SWG on the Starsider server. They were the best RP experiences I'd ever had, and it was awesome to be able to dish back to griefers. I'm just getting tingly all over thinking about the double-feels coming my way with ArcheAge.
    I agree. I feel like AA is great for RPers because of so much interaction whether it be the choice of sitting in a chair or on the ground, moonlit row in the water, or even opening a window.

    I feel like AA needs an RP ♥ And it would greatly benefit Trion because I love cosmetic stuff! xo

  3. #373
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattycake View Post
    I agree. I feel like AA is great for RPers because of so much interaction whether it be the choice of sitting in a chair or on the ground, moonlit row in the water, or even opening a window.

    I feel like AA needs an RP ♥ And it would greatly benefit Trion because I love cosmetic stuff! xo
    Indeed, and the fact that you can give a little of your own touch to outfits, buildings and vessels. Liking that so much, screams for RP that we can even have buildings and farms in an open world like so...

    ... and the fact that there's a jail system and much more. So much to reach out for.

  4. #374
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    134
    Woah, 38 pages.

    I hope they've gotten the message, loud and clear!

    Help this fine community get together. The more I'm playing in the Alpha, the more I can feel the RP possibilities growing. Everything about this game makes for an excellent RP environment, especially customization and the ability to set your own goals in the open world.

  5. #375
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    9
    Yes! Please do an RP server so we have a place for the RP community to gather that is supported by Trion!

  6. #376
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    Woah, 38 pages.

    I hope they've gotten the message, loud and clear!

    Help this fine community get together. The more I'm playing in the Alpha, the more I can feel the RP possibilities growing. Everything about this game makes for an excellent RP environment, especially customization and the ability to set your own goals in the open world.
    I really really hope so. You have no idea how much the RP community has grown. Like seriously we are making plans and having meetings it is a blast to be planning kingdoms and trade companies And RP characters! Archeage has so much potential in the RP market,!

  7. #377
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    Well personally I don't see an issue with a RP server and I don't see an issue with having PVP or PVE servers. Its up to the players what they want to do, and I don't think they should be locked into doing one thing only. I do realize they game is geared towards PVP, but why not have it all. That's what you should want in a MMO in order to cater to everyone. That just means more people will play. If all you have is PVP, then the game wont last long. Just my opinion!

  8. #378
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4
    Hopping in to add support to an RP tagged server!

  9. #379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Draidan View Post
    Well personally I don't see an issue with a RP server and I don't see an issue with having PVP or PVE servers. Its up to the players what they want to do, and I don't think they should be locked into doing one thing only. I do realize they game is geared towards PVP, but why not have it all. That's what you should want in a MMO in order to cater to everyone. That just means more people will play. If all you have is PVP, then the game wont last long. Just my opinion!

    Thank you so much for your support

  10. #380
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Draidan View Post
    Well personally I don't see an issue with a RP server and I don't see an issue with having PVP or PVE servers. Its up to the players what they want to do, and I don't think they should be locked into doing one thing only.
    I really don't know why people keep bringing up PvE and PvP servers in this thread. It's not even remotely the same thing. RPers are asking for a server tagged with an "RP" tag, no mechanical changes to the game. PvP and PvE servers are different because game mechanics must be changed for those to happen.

    Also it's funny that in one breath you say that players shouldn't be "locked" into one thing and in another breath you say you support PvE servers which would in fact....lock people into one thing. The bottom line is this game was created and is attempting to bring PvE and PvP together into a single unified world. The way it was until Blizzard destroyed it by splitting the two up and convincing everyone they should be split.

    So ArcheAge is PvE and PvP. Let it be the way it is and stop trying to compare us wanting a server tagged with an "RP" tag with those that want entire game mechanics to change. Thank you.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts