Closed Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

I am popping my head in to say I would really love a rp server. And I would love for rp character names to be enforced. I don't want to be ganked by "killinunoobz" while at a rp event.... it seems a little less annoying to be ganked by "Richard"... sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrodeus View Post
    I really don't know why people keep bringing up PvE and PvP servers in this thread. It's not even remotely the same thing. RPers are asking for a server tagged with an "RP" tag, no mechanical changes to the game. PvP and PvE servers are different because game mechanics must be changed for those to happen.

Also it's funny that in one breath you say that players shouldn't be "locked" into one thing and in another breath you say you support PvE servers which would in fact....lock people into one thing. The bottom line is this game was created and is attempting to bring PvE and PvP together into a single unified world. The way it was until Blizzard destroyed it by splitting the two up and convincing everyone they should be split.

So ArcheAge is PvE and PvP. Let it be the way it is and stop trying to compare us wanting a server tagged with an "RP" tag with those that want entire game mechanics to change. Thank you.
    OK you are so wrong. Having a pve server does not lock you in. Its as simple as pressing a button and activating PVP. That means you can pve and level and craft, and fish and what ever without being bothered by random people killing you from behind. Especially when they are like 20 levels higher than you. Its not rocket science. That does not require any mechanical change to the game at all. And just so you know, I was not complaining about it. I simply said, what does it matter? IM fine with pvp, I am just referring to the people who really like the game but don't want the annoyance.

I will quit if they start seperating us by playstyle.. pvers need to quit whining... the game is hugely pvp influenced if you dont like it go back to carebearing in wow.

RP servers are good. Labeling them is a good idea.

I honestly love the idea of a roleplay server, ArcheAge has everything needed for roleplaying. Castles, warfare, boats, daily life activities, and so much more. ^.^
    It would be really interesting to see how a roleplaying server would unfold in ArcheAge.

Quote Originally Posted by Draidan View Post
    OK you are so wrong. Having a pve server does not lock you in. Its as simple as pressing a button and activating PVP. That means you can pve and level and craft, and fish and what ever without being bothered by random people killing you from behind. Especially when they are like 20 levels higher than you. Its not rocket science. That does not require any mechanical change to the game at all.
    Even with my limited knowledge of coding I could point out how ignorant it is of you to assume making a PvE server wouldn't require mechanical overhauls of the game system. But instead I'll direct you to any of the 15 other threads that discuss and explain why PvE servers would not work in ArcheAge. Please discuss it there and not here.

This thread is for supporting an RP server. No mechanical changes to the game needed.
    Suomynona, on 08 Feb 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:
    Danger and inconvenience are powerful motivators in getting people to work together, to reach out and meet new people, and to actually play an MMO as if there is a desire to acknowledge the "massively" and "multiplayer" aspect of the acronym.... Removing either (or both) from a game that features any type of open world pvp is a mistake, at least in my opinion.

ABSOLUTELY for this. I'm a RPer myself, and I'm not opposed to PVP as long as it's wrapped up in the in-game fiction and not mindless ganking. While there are no guarantees, and most RPers agree that there shouldn't be any rule changes (except maaaaybe a naming convention), perhaps the PVP will be peer pressured somewhat in taking consideration the game setting, storyline, etc. instead of a pavlovian ENEMY FACTION! KILL IT!!! RPers are more inclined to get creative. Rob someone on pain of death and let him live to fight another day, for example. Reach across-faction understandings that might pave the way for treaties. Sure, there will be room for the murder-death-kill, but a roleplaying atmosphere may serve well to encourage a bit of a grey area there.

I played on Faeblight on Rift which was an RP server. I quite enjoyed playing there. The reason that we selected Faeblight way back in Early beta and stayed there is that we had a very large guild of ~ 7000 players: Gaiscioch Family. Some of our members liked to PvP, some liked to Pve, some liked to RP and of course many liked combinations of those playstyles. By selectiong an RP designated server ALL of our members could find a home on one server. We did, in fact, have about 2000 members on Faeblight!. Of course we were never all online at the same time but at anytime of the day we were well represented with maybe 200 or so at busy times.

TLDR: I like RP servers.
    MacDeath of Rift and Defiance Archeum Founder & Patron

A server clearly marked for roleplaying would be fantastic! Not having any special rulesets is fair and acceptable, I'd be happy with just having a server label. As others have mentioned already, it'd help keep the rp community together in one place; many roleplayers in Guild Wars 2 disliked the game's recent change to megaservers as it ended up negatively affecting the rp community's ability to organize large gatherings with players from different servers, or spontaneously rp in popular locations. Having an officially labelled server for rp would help the community thrive more than an unofficial server. It'd also allow players that dislike rp to avoid the servers labelled for it so that they don't accidentally start a character there. Please consider labelling a server for rp, many roleplayers like myself would greatly appreciate it!

Edit: I don't think name restrictions are necessary. I can see why people might want to have more realistic names on the rp server, but there are going to be non-roleplayers there too and it doesn't seem fair to limit their name options.

Don't RPrs generally designate and unofficial RP server? Like the aussies designate unofficial aussie ones, etc?

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast