Closed Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40

Thread: What's Your Opinion on Roleplay Server Identification?

Quote Originally Posted by Terroni View Post
    Don't RPrs generally designate and unofficial RP server? Like the aussies designate unofficial aussie ones, etc?
    Only if none are designated. It's a measure reluctantly taken, because it's not as widely known as a server that has an official label on it that anyone will see logging in.

If you designate a server as RP and don't have someone moderate it, you will have a problem.

If you designate a server as RP and do have someone moderate it, the server may (and probably will) spawn a new class of player who requires special support, which is a headache logistically. Additionally, this minority will have to compete with the majority for developer and publisher attention/mindshare. They may have the potential to cause decisions to be made which only benefit a minority of players.

If you don't designate a server as RP, everyone has to play by the same rules and you don't have to dedicate additional/specialized resources or consider how a subclass of players will react to a new feature or change. If they were never catered to or given importance in the first place, a minority's skewed complaints can be more easily ignored.

Wow that sounds evil, how did I manage to write that?
    I am ArcheAdmin. I have been ArcheAdmin since 2010. I was ArcheAge's brand manager before ArcheAge had a brand manager.

Scapes stated in the stream yesterday, that they will not mark one of the servers as a roleplay server.

So you can close this thread.
    Officer of the Aurorian Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Dotti View Post
    Scapes stated in the stream yesterday, that they will not mark one of the servers as a roleplay server.

So you can close this thread.
    Scapes is the one who created this thread, if this is true its highly dissappointing to be honest and I'm sure he will close the thread if such is the case.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

I haven't read the whole thread, so i dont know if it had been suggested, but for example i play League of Legends and if anything i have learned is that the moment you start a "meta" there is a lot more trolls occurring.

For example you start a RP server and what you will get is a lot of complains about PKs, trolls, trashers whatever. People will join that server on purpose to ruin others experience. Its a common sense in e-♥♥♥♥♥ world, unfortunately.
    I feel best course of action is to unravel itself and let people shape the servers to their liking, any kind of rules (written or unwritten) usually end up being broken by the minority, ruining experience for everyone else.

I really wouldn't mind having extra servers marked for RP.
    Screwing with rulesets might be tough work though and also isn't really necessary on a server intended for roleplaying imho.

So I'd clearly vote YES to satisfy the RP community.
    Kyprosa - Nuian Shadowblade
    Ultima Online and Lineage 2 veteran.

As mentioned on our livestream yesterday, we don't plan to launch with RP-flagged servers. That said, we'd definitely be open to revisiting this topic once we get through launch.

Thanks to everyone who took time to join in on this conversation, I assure you it was not in vain!

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40