View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonredwolf View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/529118204
    Unfortunately at the end of this video 50:33 Scape says there are no plans right now for an RP tagged server and the don't plan on doing that.
    The hell? He posted a thread to gauge interest -- it got up to forty pages. Response was quite positive.

Then he closed the thread today, and now we're going to focus on getting "through launch" before revisiting the issue?? That's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. The community will already have settled on different servers post-launch, unless they really pull together and organize an unofficial server. And there's no guarantee that whatever server is tagged "RP" in the future will be the same as the unofficial one.

Slap in the face. Not cool, Scapes.

On the subject, which of the two RP sites floated around in various topics is the right one to be on?? I need to make sure I get on the right server.

I don't think Scapes was the one that decided this. His job is to be the communicator between us and the game people. So I wouldn't blame him, I'm sure he did his best to bring the topic to those that decided in the best light possible. I just hope it's not like LOTRO were the community picked an unofficial RP server and then a few years later the gamed made an official RP server. Though if I remember correctly the community didn't leave their pick and that RP server remains very lowly populated. If I have heard correct.

I don't want anyone to think I don't support roleplaying. Because I think to each their own. But I don't think it's a low blow because you guys don't have a designated area.

It's really not hard to create tabs where you see only what you want to.
    And even if you had an RP tag to a server it really doesn't stop people who don't roleplay from coming in. I know a lot of people who would actually be a jack monkey and enter with hopes to PK roleplayers. :/

Plus this means we can be together. I think roleplayers are awesome folk. \o/

And don't you mess with Scapes. >:C He didn't decide this. He's just relaying a message.
    A Wild Locket Has Appeared!

♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    XOXO
    ♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    Locket | Salphira | Alchemist | Archer

Yes please to a RP tagged server. Show all aspects of your community that you care about them, and push two buttons on your keyboard to allow RP'ers to quickly and easily convene on one server that would suit their desires.

I don't think Scapes was the one that decided this. His job is to be the communicator between us and the game people. So I wouldn't blame him, I'm sure he did his best to bring the topic to those that decided in the best light possible. I just hope it's not like LOTRO were the community picked an unofficial RP server and then a few years later the gamed made an official RP server. Though if I remember correctly the community didn't leave their pick and that RP server remains very lowly populated. If I have heard correct.

Scapes mentioned that Trion would revisit the idea after launch. So yeah its kinda seeming like LOTRO which kinda sucks because who wants to have to start over again from scratch on a new server in a sandbox game? I mean would they even consider having server transfers, not to mention what about all the friends you may have made on your original server. While I realize its not him, its a crappy idea and again just kills the community. Even more so than just saying no we will never have them. That way for those of us who this is a deal breaker for would just not play the game.

I want to emphasize again that this is not a good thing. Themeparks not having an rp designated server means nothing. Sandboxes and Sandparks not having them means everything.

As one poster mentioned this killed the Russian AA rp community.

Sorry Trion but an rp labeled server in ArcheAge makes ten times more sense than it does to have them in RIFT. And your future competition Everquest Next, the next sandpark up to bat after ArcheAge will most certainly have them from the opening.

I also must stress again that a sizable portion of non roleplayers play on rp tagged servers due to the experience of dealing with a more mature community.

Nobody wants new rules
    Nobody wants to be treated any different

And nobody wants the inconvienience of having to start over on a newly tagged rp server after launch. If so then why not just wait to play the game then and not buy a a founders pack for a headstart?

We just want two letters to be put in front of one server

That's it
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Locket View Post
    And don't you mess with Scapes. >:C He didn't decide this. He's just relaying a message.
    I will mess with him, if he's going to tell us that the issue is tabled for a post-launch concern.

I get that Scapes not responsible for the final decision, but he shouldn't be promising to revisit the issue after launch. That does a lot more harm then it does good. It creates uncertainty, for the exact reasons Crimsonredwolf brought up.

If a new "official" RP server is created after the fact, the entire community will have to either decide to stay where it is (on their unofficial server), or uproot completely (likely splitting in the process).

It does us absolutely no good, in fact, probably more harm than good, to make that promise.

They either need to have something up by launch, or not at all.

The community can be good to go with unofficial organization at launch, that's fine. Don't rock the boat after the fact, or there will be a ton of confusion over who goes where.

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    On the subject, which of the two RP sites floated around in various topics is the right one to be on?? I need to make sure I get on the right server.
    Its up to yourself,
    The enjin one is fairly active, but then im bisest since i am part of that site
    All the sites in the end will have the same content, i suppose theres no harm joining all three and deciding for yourself which you prefer.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquiame View Post
    FICTION: RPers want special attention

FACT: RPers want two letters placed in front of one server so we can find each other, and so that those who don't want to interact with us can avoid us and those who don't mind us being around can come along with us. Trion could literally place two letters in front of a server and go about their business. Its no different than putting an exclamation point at the end of a sentence.

I've already covered each and every one of your points in my opening post. But obviously you haven't read it. But then again realizing that -you- haven't read it is of no surprise and par for the course.

How (unfortunate)

For anyone else coming into this, please read the entire opening post before you comment at least. Thanks
    FICTION: Rpers just want to congregate.

FACT: RPers are asking for special attention. Just like PvPers have to find each other, or carebears, or white knights. Why is it everyone else is expected to make their own server choice but RPers have to be given a tag? We're not getting one, carebears aren't getting one, so why do RPers need one this whole tag thing is so stupid.

You didn't address anything all you did was flip the script and counter argued. Don't try to be all clever and ♥♥♥♥. You fail horribly. You can't address the issue only Trion can because it's based on a choice and that choice was already rendered no RP server tag. All you did is try to make me look like a fool.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Official or not. There will be an rp server, hell the communtiy over at the enjin site is already in agreement we will all organize on one server, depending what the other two Rp community sites do. It matters more to keep rp on one server, than let the different sites end up on different servers.

RP will be as we make it, having a tag would only have helped folk navigate to the server faster. But then it takes under 30 seconds to type into google "archage RP" and find rp communtiys for the game, and find out what server the rp community has rolled on.

I do agree though, scapes if your listening. Either do an rp server at launch or not at all. Cause an unoffical one will happan, and if a few months down the line you create an rp server, it will uproot alot of folk.

But lets be clear. There will be RP, no tag means nothing. Having a tag was not going to keep trolls away, folk will swarm to what ever server has room.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Actually yes, I'd just like to 'congregate'.

Moving on ...
    Whatever server we decide on/y'all decide on for rp, I'll be there. If it ends up being two server cause can't agree, I'll have some on both.
    See ya fellow roleplayers then (and for now, in Alpha).
    firelight is but a myth of wayward ghosts
    and sparks the leftovers of old souls

~May you be blessed by the Great Banana Tree god, he who watches over all trees~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast