View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

I would also like to point out is that RPer's are the first to come and last to leave a game as well as pay a crap ton of money just on vanity items alone. Trion would make twice as much money from what they would make with out an official RP server.

If there is an official RP designated server I will play there. If there isn't I'll pick a server based on population. I'm into role play but it isn't the whole game to me.
    MacDeath of Rift and Defiance Archeum Founder & Patron

Quote Originally Posted by MTSMTS View Post
    I would also like to point out is that RPer's are the first to come and last to leave a game as well as pay a crap ton of money just on vanity items alone. Trion would make twice as much money from what they would make with out an official RP server.
    I'm hoping they take this into account personally
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3155 View Post
    If I'm being silly then your being ridiculous. What your saying is that RPers should get special rights because of immersion. Well hell why not give us a server because we don't want to deal with whiny carebears, or carebears their own server because they don't like us. If we have to keep dolling out tags and servers because the groups can't get along then it'll be group segregation all over again. So screw you.

Again I ask you why do we have to tailor to the needs of RPers but no one else? That alone is very one sided. Hypocrite.
    I already know as to why you're disagreeing to this sir. You want to keep everyone on general servers so that PK players can separate and hunt them down. That's how it works; the mentality of pkers, nothing more.
    Stop trying to force other players into submission just for your immature and sole purpose for more pvp. Your advocation for more pvp is getting tiring and really irritating. ALL your posts are about it anyway, don't nuke any other thread anymore please.

Plus if they ever do make a hardcore server as you wish, then they might as well. Why not? I for once will not go there of course with the likes of all of you crowding the area.

I wish we knew the reason the publishers have decided against having a RP-tagged server after asking for interest and watching the post grow over 40 pages. I sat there blinking when I saw that there would be no tagged servers, especially in lieu of other Trion games having servers tagged for RP.

We're already starting to experience problems with a large fractured RP community in that there's 3 separate ones that have taken off, and none of the admins are communicating, or seem to be. Couple that with server population caps to keep factions balanced, and we're going to have a hard time keeping the whole community together under one server. I don't think it will happen. There's already too many cards stacked against us now, so expect to see the community spread across 2-3 servers now. Oh, and also the divide between EU and NA is there too. =/

P.S. Stop feeding the troll in this thread. You guys know the drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Fuzion View Post
    I wish we knew the reason the publishers have decided against having a RP-tagged server after asking for interest and watching the post grow over 40 pages. I sat there blinking when I saw that there would be no tagged servers, especially in lieu of other Trion games having servers tagged for RP.

We're already starting to experience problems with a large fractured RP community in that there's 3 separate ones that have taken off, and none of the admins are communicating, or seem to be. Couple that with server population caps to keep factions balanced, and we're going to have a hard time keeping the whole community together under one server. I don't think it will happen. There's already too many cards stacked against us now, so expect to see the community spread across 2-3 servers now. Oh, and also the divide between EU and NA is there too. =/

P.S. Stop feeding the troll in this thread. You guys know the drill.
    Here is what we do

1. We vote here and make our voices heard

2. If we don't get a response by open beta we all vote HERE for our choice of unofficial rp server and not on whatever community site we follow. Since there are three sites the decision should not come down to which site wants to go where. Every rper should take their vote for what our unofficial server should be here so that A. Everyone knows including non roleplayers would know to avoid that chosen server by the rp community completely and B. Those who would prefer not using an rp site for their rp know where to go because its known on the official forums. And C. Those who prefer to play on rp servers will know where the rpers area headed so they can benefit from the more mature communities rp servers tend to have.

Also by voting here along with Scapes mention of Trion revisiting the idea of having an rp server Trion will know where the rpers are and hopefully just end up slapping the rp tag on the server we have chosen anyway. Not that I wish for this situation to happen as I am really hoping that they reconsider their stance.

Of course we still keep trying for an rp server before launch until Open Beta, so please everyone vote!

By voting here we can also make sure to avoid the servers that the super zerg guilds are headed to along with the guilds who are hostile to rpers by making sure we avoid those servers as best as we are able. Here is to hoping Trion has an adequate number of servers.

*Just something to make clear non rp guilds, we will be choosing a server, and we would avoid the servers that guilds like the Oran'thul would be heading to, but if we find a server that does not seem to have any large guilds that don't rp heading to it, it will definitely be a candidate. Choose your servers wisely as well if you wish to avoid us. Fact is that we are going to be playing this game. We can accept not liking rpers so we want everyone to know where we are going from day one so if you wish to avoid us you certainly can. Just know that we will also not be bouncing around ten times either for a server choice.

We also will take into consideration those who don't wish to be around us. Now of course there is no perfect answer but I think its a better answer than letting the rp sites decide and we get to include everyone whether they are part of one of the rp sites or not. Not all rpers use websites for their rp connections. If individual guilds from those sites wish to go to a different place well that's on them.

Please forgive me but ultimately this is honestly too much work to have to do in result of having to deal with not wanting to add to letters to a server name. I will stress again that nobody is looking for more than that. No special treatment, no naming rules, nothing, just two letters added to -one- server....But if its what must be done so be it. We don't stop trying with this poll first though, so please everyone vote! TERA's rp server was not added till the last minute. Lets hope we have the same luck!

"Words, Weapons, War"

If trion holds station on the no RP server.
    Then its down to us to make sure at the very least, that we all end up on the same server. While the three different rp sites may not be in direct communication with each other for various reasons. I don't think anyone wants to end up on 3 different servers.

The best thing we can do, is wait for a server list to appear. Then regardless of politics going on between sites. We all try and make sure we end up on the same server. I think we can all agree that having the rp community split up on different servers will not help the issue. We are a small enough group as it is, without being spread over different servers.

One thing i would like to point out though. Regardless of if we had an rp tag or not on the server, we would still have problems with the server possibly being locked due to population at launch. Someone claimed that the Russia RP community was killed by not having an official rp server. This would of happened tag or not. If other servers are full, people will head to what ever server they can. And we still might have ended up with the same issue.

Its going to make thinks more difficult yes. But considering trion weren't going to give it any special rules, and it was simply going to be tagged as an RP server, the only thing thats changed is now we will have to be very vocal come launch as to what is the "Unofficial RP" server. Either way we are going to have to deal with over populations, possible server locks and people trolling RPers. In all my years of RPing in different games (WoW, Rift, FF, GW2, etc ). RP servers tags do nothing to deter trolls, or folk who want to mess RPers around. The RP tag does not suddenly stop folk being idiots. All an RP server does is offer folk a focused server where they know RP will be going on, and we can do that by being vocal about an Unofficial one.

Everyone has the varying degrees and opinions on the lack of an RP server. And having one would have saved alot of bother, and me having to type this big response. But the decisions made, we can still discuss and hope trion changes its mind. But if 40 pages of comments hasn't convinced them, then it may be a lost cause.
    But don't start doom calling, just because we don't have an official RP server.
    Lets just wait till the server list comes out, and then cross the next bridge when we get to it.

Edit, since new posted added.
    I agree 100% about having a vote on here for an RP server, and not one of the community sites. It should be here that a server is decided. And then all the different sites can follow the official vote on here.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

I'm curious as to which games you've been playing. Most that I play all have designated servers for PVP and PVE. So I really don't see what your argument here is. If they make a RP server, it doesn't have any effect on you or your playing experience. Infact, it will make it less likely that you'd encounter any "carebears." Having designated servers has never been about "special rights." It simply gives different play styles a way to play the game the way they want to play it, which is the beauty of MMOs to begin with. Once again, the rp community is really excited about this game and we're hoping for a server. If it doesn't happen, then we'll pick a server like always but then you'll definitely have a higher possibility of running into "carebears." Which you seem to hate so much. As for me personally. I'm a pVper first, rper second. Also heres a thought for anyone who complains of group segregation.....If there are multiple servers, then things are already segregated. You will choose whichever server your friends go to or like minded people go to. It's always been that way. With server tags, it just makes it so that you'll be grouped with even more people who want to play the game the same way you do. In the end, a rp server wouldn't affect you in the slightest Joey. You would go to a PvP server and enjoy it immensely with other pvpers and never even think about people flooding the chatbox with rp. Live and let live Joey my boy, live and let live.

As mentioned lets not feed the trolls please

"Words, Weapons, War"

Some people have clearly been dropped on their head. Moving on.
    @thecoolshaz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast