View Poll Results: Should Trion have rp tagged servers?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would love to have rp tagged servers

213 68.93%
  • I don't really care

67 21.68%
  • I don't want rp tagged servers

29 9.39%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

Hybrid View

RP tagged server poll, and facts and fiction/true or false

*Please also check out the thread below as well, the RP community is heavily impacted by this move!
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Routes-as-well

Alright so based on the most recent stream by Trion there is currently no plans on having an rp tagged server in ArcheAge and honestly not only is this disappointing but its also a major blow to the rp community, but also a major blow to those who prefer to play on rp tagged servers. So with this thread please vote to show your support for an rp tagged server. I will also cover some facts and fiction on why an rp tagged server is important in Archeage more than any other mmorpg in the last ten years. I will absolutely guarantee that the rp tagged server in the long run will be the one that everyone non rper or not wishes to play on for the best experience.

BOTTOM LINE: Basically rp tagged servers even if its just one are more important in a sandbox/sandpark game than any themepark game in existence. Themeparks simply do not require them at all. Sandparks absolutely do just because of how much influence players have on a server. The entire dynamics of a server change if there is a rp-pvp, pvp, pve or crafting guild being the number one guild on a server. Lets not forget the fact that those non rpers who play on -official- rp servers often times get along famously with their rp peers. Where as your typical pvp guild on a non rp tagged server does not!

Last but not least in the West unlike in Korea, the rp community will be the one's selling the game the most. The trial/jury/court system alone on an rp server will show off the system as it was meant to be used. Same goes for the other rp friendly systems of the game. In yesterdays thread FireCait mentioned how players can rp being married. Well on an rp tagged server the wedding of such players would be something worthy of recording. On an unofficial server that party will lose its glamor due to losing rpers to the game due to the fact of having to share the same servers with those who absolutely hate the idea of rp and harass rpers.

FICTION: An rp tagged server is totally unecessary, why can't rpers do what they usually do and just pick a server for themselves like they have in Guild Wars 2 and FFXIV:ARR

FACT: Because unlike in your standard themeparks, ArcheAge's sandpark nature brings in a new set of issues. Lets take the farming system alone, for those that dislike rp there will be clashes on a server that is not officially tagged rp. Many who did not know that the rp community set up on a particular server will end up going to such particular server. Thus resulting in griefing and harassment of the rp community by their non rping neighbors on farmland for example. Since players essentially don't matter to the world/server on a themepark like GW2 the rp community tagging a server for itself will cause no issues. Many non roleplayers play on rp tagged servers due to the fact that these servers tend to have a more mature community, there are far better character names and a overall respect for each other. While there will always be griefers, those that decided to go to an rp community picked their fate and will have to deal with the results of basically heading onto a server that they have no intention of really playing on. Where as on an unofficial rp server tagged by the community in a PVP sandpark like ArcheAge you run the risk of having to deal with losing many players both roleplayer and non roleplayer because of clashes between both communities. The pvp aspect of the game adds to the level of harassment. In a themepark if you are a pvper who ends up playing on a unofficial rp server there really isn't much you can do about it. On an rp server you can just harass, gank, etc the rpers which results in your rp population leaving the game in mass numbers, or not playing the game at all.

BOTTOM LINE:How much financial sense would it make in the long run to have your biggest segment that is using the most of the features that cater to it leave the game because of a decision to not add two letters in front of a server name? Rpers spend the most money and are the ones likely to stick to the game the longest. They are also the ones showing off all the game features as intended and using the features in ways that were not thought of.

*There will be more rpers percentage wise with patron status than rpers playing strictly f2p. Rpers want houses, period. There will be no sub group that will have a greater number percentage wise of patron players - period

Lets face it, I as a roleplayer do not want to have to ignore half a guild with the function just because they decided to play on the same server that roleplayers are on. Due to the fact of guilds having great influence on servers to the point of being able to drive the actual server itself, most non rpers who would vote on having no rp tagged servers are not taking in mind their bretheren who prefer to play on rp servers, but also their peers who end up coming to the game late with no clue about the unofficial rp server and playing there. Take into the fact that potentially these late players may encounter a server filled to the brim with roleplayers, or a server where rp guilds already are in control of the server itself. How fun would this be for someone who did not know there were roleplayers on this server, someone who does not use forums and someone who does not like rpers or the concept of rp.

BOTTOM LINE: There are usually more non roleplayers that play on rp tagged servers than roleplayers. Rpers keep communities going, even those that don't roleplay at all. These servers have their own unique feel and usually much more respectful communities around. And they usually boast higher long term populations because of this. What's another benefit of playing on an rp tagged server? If you are a pve player who is planning on playing ArcheAge but is not a roleplayer you will have alot more honorable options for protection. See rpers have rules for themselves and not only that things like ganking will be looked down upon resulting in an overall safer server. This is not saying ganking won't happen, and won't happen even by roleplayers. This is saying that its less likely to happen due to the fact that many rp-pvers like myself will have "carebear" friends who play the game because they know they will be protected by the rp-pvpers. This protection will also extend out to anyone on the server who requires it. Even if you are not a roleplayer.

FICTION: Rpers don't like to pvp. If rpers get their own server then pvers will want their own servers too and its basically the same thing

FACT: This is complete fiction, not only are there different segments of roleplayers including those that enjoy what is called RP-PVP, but putting an rp tag on a server does nothing to change the mechanics of the game. Those rpers who do not wish for an rp-pvp experience are going to games like Wildstar this year. I know this as fact and many of those rpers who wish to finally have an experience where we can cross our roleplay with pvp are highly anticipating ArcheAge. Sorry but PVE only servers are a universe away compared to just putting two letters in front of a server that help those interested in a particular subset of gaming find each other.

BOTTOM LINE: Sorry PVErs, you are more than welcome to play along with us because an rp tagged server will overall be safer, but that's because we aren't as into ganking. Still doesn't mean that we won't kill anyone.

Some of the things rpers bring to ArcheAge

Horse races
    Boat Races
    Weddings
    Rp Hubs like restaraunts, taverns, shops, military barracks, dance clubs
    Military guilds
    In character Mercenary guilds
    Noble guilds
    In character sailors guilds, pirate guilds, trading guilds, crafting guilds, shipping companies - again all of these done in character as rpers tend to play what is basically living npcs. And by doing such they add to the world. These things can also be used for marketing purposes to show off the game features.

BOTTOM LINE: You lose these things by not giving rpers a way to find each other. By not sticking two letters in front of a server tag you fragment a community. And by fragmenting a community so vital to a game like ArcheAge, you end up destroying any semblances of this community, which results in a loss to the game overall. Not just from a presence standpoint of not having them around, but losing out on the most consistent set of mmo players. Fact is most players don't use websites by leaving this in the rpers hands you are causing confusion, especially for players who won't be using websites and won't know where they should - or shouldn't go. And to reiterate with the influence players carry in ArcheAge on their respective servers along with the fact that many non rpers prefer to play on rp tagged servers you are losing a sizable group. Not of only rpers, but mostly non rpers too. All of which who are more likely to pay subs for the benefits and long term investment.

Lets also keep in mind that mature players simply have more money to spend. Last but not least there won't be very many rpers who won't have patron status because to not be able to have a house for your character would be anathema

By not having official rp tagged servers for many rpers including myself ArcheAge has turned from a new home to a short stay hotel until Everquest Next drops, . And SOE -always- has rp tagged servers

You've also made ArcheAge a no go for many roleplayers due to fear of harassment by those that hate rpers and rp and being stuck on the same server with them, let alone having to be right next to some of these jerks in housing areas, and lets face it, nobody likes to have neighbors that are ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. Not even in real life.

Listen, nobody wants special treatment, special rules or special anything. We just want two letters in front of a server. Stamp the two letters and go about your business as usual. Nobody is asking for rp enforcement or naming practices or anything that will require more resources. We are asking for someone to type in RP in front of a server name.

If Scapes came in here and said okay listen guys, we can do that but we won't dedicate any additional resources to this server, we would all say fine and thanks for putting those letters in front of the server name.

Nothing more than that.
    House Assante a member of the Kingdom of Arisea

"Words, Weapons, War"

I would've added on to this, if you hadn't worded it already so ideally.

This is only just the beginning. We need to spread the word more and continue to band together as a single united front. If we truly want to bring the rpers to this game, we need a RP server.

Very well thought out and written.
    And while i agree with most of it. I guess it just means us Roleplayers will have to do the work our self. I know those at the enjin Roleplay community site would like to see an unoffical Roleplay server happan once the the server list is out and ive no doubt that the three roleplay community sites that are active up will be able to agree on one server, so that we are all focused in one place. Still disapointing, but it will take more than no offical rp tag to put us roleplayers off. Just look at Final fantasy and guild wars 2, neither have an offical rp server, and they have very active sites.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibeley View Post
    Very well thought out and written.
    And while i agree with most of it. I guess it just means us Roleplayers will have to do the work our self. I know those at the enjin Roleplay community site would like to see an unoffical Roleplay server happan once the the server list is out and ive no doubt that the three roleplay community sites that are active up will be able to agree on one server, so that we are all focused in one place. Still disapointing, but it will take more than no offical rp tag to put us roleplayers off. Just look at Final fantasy and guild wars 2, neither have an offical rp server, and they have very active sites.
    This pretty much. Not having an officially tagged RP server is a bummer but this isnt my first mmo by far so I know all to well how the community will most likely start up polls n such all over to determine an "un official" RP server.
    At the least hopefully we'll get a server list at launch time of some sort so that the communities on various sites and forums can attempt to coordinate and settle on 1 or maybe 2 or so un official RP servers.
    With everything ArcheAge seems to have to offer players of all styles, including even the most casual and light RP'er i'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Every MMO ive played that hasnt had an official RP server has an unofficial one, and real RP fans always know here to find that out, having a server labeled RP server is kinda pointless anyways cus people will still not roleplay on it anyway.

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/529118204
    Unfortunately at the end of this video 50:33 Scape says there are no plans right now for an RP tagged server and the don't plan on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonredwolf View Post
    Unfortunately at the end of this video 50:33 Scape says there are no plans right now for an RP tagged server and the don't plan on doing that.
    The hell? He posted a thread to gauge interest -- it got up to forty pages. Response was quite positive.

Then he closed the thread today, and now we're going to focus on getting "through launch" before revisiting the issue?? That's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. The community will already have settled on different servers post-launch, unless they really pull together and organize an unofficial server. And there's no guarantee that whatever server is tagged "RP" in the future will be the same as the unofficial one.

Slap in the face. Not cool, Scapes.

On the subject, which of the two RP sites floated around in various topics is the right one to be on?? I need to make sure I get on the right server.

Quote Originally Posted by CeilingSquid View Post
    On the subject, which of the two RP sites floated around in various topics is the right one to be on?? I need to make sure I get on the right server.
    Its up to yourself,
    The enjin one is fairly active, but then im bisest since i am part of that site
    All the sites in the end will have the same content, i suppose theres no harm joining all three and deciding for yourself which you prefer.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonredwolf View Post
    This sure sounded like a no. From Scapes, "currently we are not planning on actually tagging any of our live servers with rp"

and I'm not for or against adding RP tag to a server to clarify. i just don't see why it really matters, other games without the RP tag never had any issues for roleplayers. They said they have no plans so why not just let it die? and since your just gunna turn this around like i'm saying negative things, I actually enjoy the Rp community and usually pick that server, having a RP tag or not has never mattered.

EDIT: plus release is far away still, we don't even know how many servers there will be or what they are named. If trion changes there mind and adds a rp server then you'll get your wish, otherwise they'll keep iot like it is and won't have one

It shouldnt change your plans at all since wither you'll pick a server as an unoffical one and all go there, or move to the official one. the server names will be released before the head start happens so it shouldnt affect your planning. You'll know which server to go to before the headstart so buying or not buying g a founder pack will just be if u want to go to play during the headstart or not. The rp server will be decided well upon it by the roleplay community. Just be patient and wait for the server list names....its not even beta yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast